Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2010, 00:19   #1
BHPian

2010 Annual Vintage Car Fiesta - EDIT:11th April 2010, confirmed

At last the "2010 Annual Vintage Car Fiesta" is finally scheduled for 27th and 28th of February 2010.

No further details at this point of time.
But, we surely have enough notice to get our beauties ready and shining for this wonderful event that we anxiously look forward to, year after year.
Old 5th February 2010, 23:16   #2
Senior - BHPian

No details are as yet out about the rally, other than mails and SMS's informing that the event will take place month end. No details about where and who is the sponsor. Hope it will not get posponed again. Wait and watch.

Cheers harit

Last edited by harit : 5th February 2010 at 23:23.
Old 8th February 2010, 20:00   #3
BHPian

Lets hope it is on schedule this time, so that we can drive our babies before the weather gets too hot and unfavorable as usual.
Old 8th February 2010, 21:00   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
Lets hope it is on schedule this time, so that we can drive our babies before the weather gets too hot and unfavorable as usual.
I hear its been postponed to 14th March.
Old 12th February 2010, 18:20   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

While on the subject of VCCCI rallies, here is an old article I dug up on Subhash Goregaonkar. He has been a fixture at these events since as long as I remember.

2010 Annual Vintage Car Fiesta - EDIT:11th April 2010, confirmed-goregaonkar.jpg

Incidentally he was kind enough to sell me his Fiat last year.
Old 14th February 2010, 19:34   #6
BHPian

Anybody know what's the last date for submitting the entry form for the rally?
Old 14th February 2010, 21:25   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomUsername View Post
Anybody know what's the last date for submitting the entry form for the rally?
Early entries 23rd February, Late entries 26th February.
Old 14th February 2010, 21:49   #8

Is it confirmed yet?? Im taking part in someones car or if not that i want to enter 3112.

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 14th February 2010 at 21:51.
Old 15th February 2010, 15:13   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Is it confirmed yet?? Im taking part in someones car or if not that i want to enter 3112.
The early entry date normally remains the same. The late entry date will keep moving ahead with the dates. So if your sure which cars your going to enter you should go ahead and send in your entry form. BTW i think this year even early entries are Rs 750/-

Last edited by the mole : 15th February 2010 at 15:14.
Old 19th February 2010, 22:31   #10
Senior - BHPian

The rally dates have been fixed for the weekend of 13th and 14th of March and I am told by WIAA that these dates are final and all permissions are in place.
Old 5th March 2010, 14:33   #11
BHPian

QUOTE: Understand that the rally has been postponed to sunny and hot April. Not confirmed to me officially, I received an SMS on 1st March greeting on Holi and reminding to rush entries for the event on 14th ,arch. But so far two people have mentioned to me that the event has been postponed, can anyone confirm the situation?

Cheers harit
UNQUOTE.

I have also heard rumours about the same lately, but checked with WIAA at 2 PM and was told that there was no change and if at all it is postponed then all the members will be notified by mail.
Old 10th March 2010, 12:05   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post

I have also heard rumours about the same lately, but checked with WIAA at 2 PM and was told that there was no change and if at all it is postponed then all the members will be notified by mail.

is the event still on schedule or has it been postponed ?
Old 10th March 2010, 14:07   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagu View Post
is the event still on schedule or has it been postponed ?
Understand that the rally is postponed again. We are coming to the hot and sunny April. Last year that was a big big problem, and the organisers promised that the next event would be held on time.
The game started from 14th February, and thereafter there were only postponements. Next Sunday is Nowroze, Parsi spring festival, so they will be busy with their families. Then we have IPL, so further 2 Sundays the rally may be not permitted. And children will have exams.
We have seen the Harley and Gautam Singhania's events happening. If they can do it, why not VCCCI. And if the organisers have difficulties, many would be able to help if they are asked or if they are kept in the know. Otherwise others should organise vintage and classic events.

Last year there was a grand anouncement that a Mumbai to Kohlapur event would be held by end of 2009 and participation would be by invitation. Well, maybe the event was held, but none was invited. Just a pun on big announcements and then...................ZERO 00000000.
Every one in India, Jaipur, Delhi, Kanpur, Kolkatta, Chennai have held their events, Nagput I believe this Sunday, but Mumbai and Pune have not.
This time no has been informed officially about postponement, on 1st MArch official message says it is on, we know about postponement only after asking around.

Cheers harit

Last edited by harit : 10th March 2010 at 14:10.
Old 10th March 2010, 21:42   #14
BHPian

I called up WIAA/VCCCI office yesterday (9th March 2010) and was told that the Rally is definately postponed but will receive the new dates by email as and when confirmed.
Old 10th March 2010, 22:43   #15
Senior - BHPian

Next year in winter get together a group of mumbai vintage vehicle owners and organize a drive and inform the newpapers and TV channels and let them have it covered with photos in the next days morning papers and TV news. Give the event a nice name. What else can one do since this keeps happening each year.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed