Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2010, 11:32   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Oh I see, do you have more pictures of the very original select, espacially of the decals .
Here are all the pics I have of the car. Taken years ago, since sold/scrapped, not sure.

Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes-fiat01.jpg

Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes-fiat02.jpg

Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes-fiat03.jpg

Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes-fiat04.jpg
Old 19th June 2010, 21:56   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Here are all the pics I have of the car. Taken years ago, since sold/scrapped, not sure.

Attachment 361540

Attachment 361541

Attachment 361542

Attachment 361543
Oh I missed seeing these pictures, there are lot of stickers on the car windshields, front and rear, if only we had more info on them.

Ok now for the topic. There was a sticker on the air filter on top (where the part no is stamped) as visible in the Jay Lenos millicento. Now all the select's, superselect's and delight's had the same air filters, I am hoping same sticker will hold good for us. A pic of Jay leno's car

Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes-fiatmillecento_03.jpg

Now I found one site which did had some stickers on other fiats (500, 600, 1500 etc.) Lots of stickers but the one for air filter is same as that of Jay Leno car. I could make out the readings on the sticker. I will digitise and put it across, as for now both of my computers dosen't have cad / graphics software installed on them. So we have to wait for 2 weeks or so.

Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes-untitled2.jpg

the website is CLASSIC CAR DECALS - Restoration stickers for classic cars.

Last edited by manishalive : 19th June 2010 at 21:58.
Old 21st June 2010, 13:40   #18
Senior - BHPian

This is a very informative thread.I never knew that there was a decal for the ignition key ring !!!! I will try to get one done up as there are good craftsman in Hyderabad.
Old 2nd July 2010, 07:10   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally here is the reproduced name plate. After slight tweaking I will upload the drawing file.

Attachment 291228
In responce to my post I attach here the the dwg file for the sticker / stencil for the Chassis plate. Please change the extension to *.dwg after download. The file was made in Autocad 2005.

Engine plate.doc

Last edited by manishalive : 2nd July 2010 at 07:12.
Old 4th July 2010, 19:26   #20
Senior - BHPian

Found this Fiat brake fluid resiorvior cap. Never seen that before. The car is a Millicento from Bihar.

Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes-dsc06757.jpg

Karlos, Rony and Amol need your comments. On the other note following decals are available on ebay (for Fiat 500)

Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes-fiat-500.jpg
Old 4th July 2010, 21:37   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Found this Fiat brake fluid resiorvior cap. Never seen that before. The car is a Millicento from Bihar.

Attachment 380535

Karlos, Rony and Amol need your comments. On the other note following decals are available on ebay (for Fiat 500)

Attachment 380537
Can you share more pics of this Millecento?

And regarding these decals, theres no way to ascertain if these were fitted to Indian cars - I would think it is unlikely. But never say never.
Old 4th July 2010, 21:54   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Can you share more pics of this Millecento?

And regarding these decals, theres no way to ascertain if these were fitted to Indian cars - I would think it is unlikely. But never say never.
More pictures of the car can be found on this thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-1...n-project.html

Yep these many sure would not have been (and these are Fiat 500 decals), but then the reference for the air filter decal can be easily made out.
Old 4th July 2010, 22:05   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
More pictures of the car can be found on this thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-1...n-project.html

Yep these many sure would not have been (and these are Fiat 500 decals), but then the reference for the air filter decal can be easily made out.
Agreed the blue air filter stickers came on foreign cars, Im just not sure they would have come locally.

The brake fluid reservoir of the Millecento is the original style, and is present in my car also (but damaged). Here is a neat shot of the unit fitted to Farhan Kidwai's superb car, photo courtesy Prabal.

Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes-fiat06.jpg
karlosdeville is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2010, 23:27   #24
Senior - BHPian

I rember that you telling me of others telling you that a decal came on the Air filter. Any way I am gonna have it along with the other two which I have figured out.

Continuing further here are few from Bajaj, lambretta, jeep and last one from PP S1.

Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes-bajaj.jpg

Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes-lambretta-instructions.jpg

Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes-ford-jeep.jpg

Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes-pp-s1.jpg
Old 8th July 2010, 18:02   #25
Senior - BHPian

Here is how the Air Filter decal on the fiat 103 D (select, super select and delight) could look like (I say could ).

The first one a reference from net and the second one in humble Autocad.

Name:  air filter decal.bmp
Views: 2009
Size:  207.4 KB

Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes-filter-decal.jpg
Old 11th July 2010, 19:20   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

This one under the bonnet of my Landmaster:
Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes-dsc05571.jpg
The air filter instructions
Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes-dsc05570.jpg
The company (HM) label with engine no.& chassis no. engraved.
Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes-dsc05568.jpg
The dealers label-incidentally the dealer survives till this day and they are M&M dealers since ages now.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 11th July 2010 at 19:24.
Old 11th July 2010, 19:44   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
This one under the bonnet of my Landmaster:
Attachment 385607
The air filter instructions
Attachment 385608
The company (HM) label with engine no.& chassis no. engraved.
Attachment 385609
The dealers label-incidentally the dealer survives till this day and they are M&M dealers since ages now.
Anjan,

Wow thats great, even I too got the dealer's lable along with my car and guess what it says "NAGPUR". Now National Garage in Raipur is still there and have again become dealers of FIAT (Tata Dealership ),

By the way do you know of National Garage in Nagpur (as per google there is one such in gandhi baug)

Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes-dsc06911.jpg
manishalive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2010, 22:19   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Anjan,

Wow thats great, even I too got the dealer's lable along with my car and guess what it says "NAGPUR". Now National Garage in Raipur is still there and have again become dealers of FIAT (Tata Dealership ),

By the way do you know of National Garage in Nagpur (as per google there is one such in gandhi baug)
Thats pretty nostalgic Manish.National Garage, Mount Road, Sadar, Nagpur, were the sole dealers for PAL cars and trucks in Nagpur I guess even before I was born.They sold and serviced Dodge, Plymouth, DeSoto and other Fiat and Chrysler models in Nagpur.So loyal they were to PAL that the relationship went on and on.Even the Fiat Uno bookings were done here and many were delivered during the late 1990's.When PAL sank sometime in 1997-98 (PAL Peugeot,Kalyan and PAL, Kurla)National Garage too got closed. FIAL appointed a new dealer Eros Motors.
Thats how National Garage went into oblivion. The land and building were intact till about six months ago. But the huge property has now been demolished to make way for a huge complex.Foundation digging is on. Wish I had photographed the showroom which was in a dilapidated condition till 6 months ago!There is no other National Garage now in Nagpur belonging to the owners.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 11th July 2010 at 22:20.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2010, 22:38   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Some instructions on this 1942 Willys Jeep air filter to the extreme left(not fully legible) regarding cleaning and usage.
Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes-willys-decal.jpg
Note: the instructions are in protruding letters which are indestructible even if repainted.
Old 18th July 2010, 16:56   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's a cute one on the inside of my Pennant's left quarterglass, from Auto Chenoy, who were incidentally Standard dealers for Hyderabad & Secunderabad first. This sticker is a service sticker meant for all cars, dating from 1993 from what I can make out.
I doubt if they are still available with them though.

Note: Is it possible to remake these using AUTOCAD etc?

Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes-img_0978.jpg
Stanher is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks