Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2013, 20:23   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes

Willys and Willys

Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes-dscn0210.jpg

A mid 1950's LHD Willys CJ 3B

Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes-dscn0236.jpg

Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes-dscn0235.jpg

A low bonnet LHD Ford jeep
anjan_c2007 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2013, 12:43   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
Reviving this thread.

For decals which are already stuck on the vehicle (and no replicas / NOS are available), is there a way to scan and reproduce them?

Cheers!
The best way to do that is to reproduce, I am to that for my Fiat - the theoretical process is (practical you might need to take a detour or amend the process) -

1.) Scan the decals or take pictures.

2.) Replicate them (as close as possible) with the Corel draw software, should be easy.

3.) 3M produces a wide variety of label paper/plastic backed by adhesive. If that can be had, will be the best.

4.) Go to an offset printer to get you labels / decals printed.

5.) Cut them to size either by a cutting machine or by hand.

Hope this information suffices.
manishalive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2013, 12:49   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
The best way to do that is to reproduce, I am to that for my Fiat - the theoretical process is (practical you might need to take a detour or amend the process)
Thanks a lot Manish for this info!

I have a strong feeling I will be spending a lot of time on 'Corel Draw' in the future.

Do share your experience. Since we are in the same city, may be you could help me out with the required contacts for getting it printed later on.

Thanks and keep us updated!

Cheers!
Old 26th June 2013, 13:29   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
Thanks a lot Manish for this info!

I have a strong feeling I will be spending a lot of time on 'Corel Draw' in the future.

Do share your experience. Since we are in the same city, may be you could help me out with the required contacts for getting it printed later on.

Thanks and keep us updated!

Cheers!
Oh sure I will share, I did some pre -work on AutoCAD but that is not the right tool. Will use Corel Draw to make some soon. Will share you with the process / vendors and supplies.
Old 4th July 2013, 20:59   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

A Fargo truck's factory fitted plate.

Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes-9554940.jpg
anjan_c2007 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2013, 20:06   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Picture borrowed from Mr Vaiteesh Waran, who has these as memorabilia of scrapped cars.

The Ambassador Mark I is named as the "AMB OHV" by HM and is prominently seen.

The older Fiat is christened as the Fiat 1100 Delight. On the exterior it was badged only as Fiat 1100 D though!

Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes-company-plates.jpg

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 18th October 2013 at 20:10.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 18th October 2013, 20:58   #52
Senior - BHPian

Sad to see plates of the 1100 Delight and the Mark I. When were these cars scrapped?
Old 18th October 2013, 22:45   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post

The Ambassador Mark I is named as the "AMB OHV" by HM and is prominently seen.

Attachment 1154248
Question asked by an enthusiast: " Is AMBOHV is generic for all Ambassadors with OHV engine? Asking you because I've seen Mark IV petrol,with the same name on the VIN plate."

Answer: "It may be the nomenclature used by HM not only for the Mark I, but later Ambassadors also with the 1489 cc engine."
"The Mark I was also called the Ambassador OHV, as many had an OHV badge on the fenders in chrome. Mark I is a popular name (not the company name) and so called, because it preceded the Mark II."

Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes-15.jpg

Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes-dsc09162.jpg

More Mark I VIN plates

Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes-olxamb1972.jpeg

A Mark II VIN plate
anjan_c2007 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2013, 22:59   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post
Sad to see plates of the 1100 Delight and the Mark I. When were these cars scrapped?
The cars are from Chennai and were very recently scrapped. I too share your concern for these. Even when sellers are asking for astronomical prices for such cars now-a -days, its intriguing that these had to be scrapped.
Old 19th October 2013, 10:19   #55
BHPian

This is from a Standard Herald Mark 2
Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes-tz1672.jpg
meisnutz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2013, 11:51   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
The cars are from Chennai and were very recently scrapped. I too share your concern for these. Even when sellers are asking for astronomical prices for such cars now-a -days, its intriguing that these had to be scrapped.
Really, it has to be noted that INSPITE of so much awareness available about classic FIATS, these cars continue to be scrapped, even in circa 2013. Really frustrates me, as a 1100Delight owner. These cars are extremely characteristic Italian classics, yet some idiots HAVE to SCRAP 'em.
Old 7th July 2016, 09:22   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is a dealer sticker on a 1972 Standard Herald (Auto Chenoy).

Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes-auto.jpg
karlosdeville is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2017, 17:09   #58
Senior - BHPian

From the original Magneti Marelli Horn and distributor on the Fiat 1100 I could see that they had some screen printed information on the aluminum plates. Only part of the information was available from the faded plate that the horn and distributor had.

Google gave no results until now when one listing came up for sale for the horn. So here is it.

Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes-20150605-143426_distributor-fiat-1100-model-103-tv-launches-appia-fiat-1400-fiat-1900-ab-ar-5-.jpg

Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes-p340dsc04772.jpg

I quickly grabbed my digitization tools to replicate both of them.

Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes-ig-decal.jpg
manishalive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 13:35   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post

I quickly grabbed my digitization tools to replicate both of them.
Can you please elaborate on the digitization tools, thanks !
Old 23rd October 2017, 21:11   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartikeyaL View Post
Can you please elaborate on the digitization tools, thanks !
Autocad and Corel draw are two software's I use. If you go to a DTP guys he will mostly use Corel draw. But since I am well versed with Autocad, find it easier to work with. For some stuff you have to use Corel draw only, like curved text. You can move back and forth between the software's easily tough.
manishalive is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks