Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2010, 11:14   #1
Senior - BHPian

Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes

Any restoration is Incomplete without the Decals, and to have a complete set is only possible for few notable Automobiles. This thread is to document various Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes. It can further be extended to documentation of Logos / dome stickers. I will in comming days will upload some digitised files of my work on them.

Well first two sets of pictures, one from me and the second from Shyam(stanher on forum).

1. Fiat RHD Delight Import Running in Information on front windscreen.

Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes-fiat-import-running-.jpg

2. Fiat 1100 Delight Oil Filter COver Information Decal (Premier Auto sticker can also be seen)

Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes-fiat-delight-oil-cover-.jpg

Last edited by manishalive : 16th February 2010 at 11:24.
Old 17th February 2010, 12:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

Continuing from my last post yesterday Here I provide the Digital file for the Dome sticker for the Fiat 1100. Please change the file name extension to fiatlogo.dwg, this file can be opend in any graphics software .

Here are some pictures of the dome sticker.

Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes-19b3_1.jpg

Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes-marker05.jpg
Attached Files
File Type: doc fiatlogo.doc (1.71 MB, 562 views)
Old 17th February 2010, 15:09   #3
Senior - BHPian

Here's how the done up sticker looks like in 3D. Humble autocad used there.

Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes-dome-sticker.jpg
Old 17th February 2010, 15:25   #4
BHPian

Superb thread Manish !! 5 Stars from me !!
Old 17th February 2010, 16:37   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adheesh View Post
Superb thread Manish !! 5 Stars from me !!
Thanks adheesh for the lovely comment. I waiting for responses and contribution from fellow members. I will digitise more stuff and upload here for all to downoad and make the stuff.

One more from my side (more to come)

Fiat 1100 103D Chassis plate (will upload the digitised one by tomorrow.)

Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes-fiat-103d-chassis-plate.jpg
Old 17th February 2010, 17:33   #6
BHPian

You need not do it. Here it is. For those who are interested, I can even email them the corel draw file. I have replicated this plate for a good friends very special car. Finishing touches are remaining. I will post the photographs once it is fitted in the engine bay.

Regards,
Adheesh Parelkar
Attached Thumbnails
Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes-fiat-chassis-plate-replica.jpg  

Old 17th February 2010, 18:13   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You need not do it. Here it is. For those who are interested, I can even email them the corel draw file. I have replicated this plate for a good friends very special car. Finishing touches are remaining. I will post the photographs once it is fitted in the engine bay.

Regards,
Adheesh Parelkar
Nice one there what font and size have you used for the same.
Old 17th February 2010, 20:30   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Here's how the done up sticker looks like in 3D. Humble autocad used there.

Attachment 289701
Hi Manish forgot to tell you, i tried to make a dome sticker with the photo, the results you will see on my dashboard
Old 17th February 2010, 22:55   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Nice one there what font and size have you used for the same.
Thanks Manish. The font used is Calibri (Body) in sizes 18 and 9 respectively.
Old 19th February 2010, 07:26   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Hi Manish forgot to tell you, i tried to make a dome sticker with the photo, the results you will see on my dashboard
Amol Bhau, Pictures as usual are much anticipated. By the way you had mentioned on one of the Mercedes restoration thread, that you have the digitial scans of the Decals / Information sticker for our fiats.

Coul you please give a copy of those to me, so as to digitise them and put it over here.
Old 19th February 2010, 15:26   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Regards,
Adheesh Parelkar
Seems like mine is a slight different plate. I will post the reproduction soon. I found out that the bottom 4 lettering are

left top - italian

left bottom - english

right top - french

right bottom - german

and all meaning same (no for spare parts).

And then some of your wording is incorrect (lowe right corner). I have a better picture for reference for you from web

Fiat 1100 Vignale "prototype" on Ebay - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes-img_2504_1.jpg

Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes-69a5_12.jpg
Old 19th February 2010, 17:34   #12
Senior - BHPian

Finally here is the reproduced name plate. After slight tweaking I will upload the drawing file.

Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes-name-plate.gif
Old 5th June 2010, 08:53   #13
Senior - BHPian

In responce to my first post, the run in information sticker was also present in the Fiat 1100 Select and one such sticker can be seen here. Good for me I stumbled on this info. The sticker is placed on the right corner of the windshield as opposed to the centre in the imported delight.

And the picture is by none other than our Shyam Garu. How ever the the sticker reads Km / hr and the Selects were with meter calibrated in miles. Could this car be a Superselect with select trims.

Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes-fiat-1100-running-information.jpg
Old 5th June 2010, 09:01   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In responce to my first post, the run in information sticker was also present in the Fiat 1100 Select and one such sticker can be seen here. Good for me I stumbled on this info. The sticker is placed on the right corner of the windshield as opposed to the centre in the imported delight.

And the picture is by none other than our Shyam Garu. How ever the the sticker reads Km / hr and the Selects were with meter calibrated in miles. Could this car be a Superselect with select trims.
All stickers I have seen have always been in the corner. Selects also came with speedos caliberated in kms. This shot is from a car that was for sale in Pune, a very original Select.
Old 5th June 2010, 11:11   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
All stickers I have seen have always been in the corner. Selects also came with speedos caliberated in kms. This shot is from a car that was for sale in Pune, a very original Select.
Oh I see, do you have more pictures of the very original select, espacially of the decals .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks