Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2018, 23:25   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: RTO Documentation for Vintage/Classics

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.SINGH View Post
Hi Guys,
I am looking for help to re register my 1963 Fiat with a Delhi registration on it.
It now falls under Vintage class because of its age. and the last renewal was done in 1995 with life time tax paid on it.
Its in immaculate condition n need someone to guide me how do i go about making it street legal again. The car is in Delhi
HELP
There is a Heritage Motoring Club of India (HMCI) in Delhi, who have a Facebook page. You can post your query to them for answers:

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...0india%20(hmci)
anjan_c2007 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 09:46   #62
BHPian

Thanks Anjan , did look into that but the site is suspended. Any other advice
Old 16th October 2018, 23:20   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.SINGH View Post
Thanks Anjan , did look into that but the site is suspended. Any other advice
I got the proper link this time. Pls check this out:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/hmcimembers/
Old 20th November 2018, 23:40   #64
BHPian

Greetings,

My soon to be wife and I have decided on purchasing a 1957 Fiat Elegant for our wedding car. The car is currently registered in Bhopal but was originally from Maharashtra and still has the MPE license plate.

We'd like to ensure that the paperwork doesn't get in the way of a good celebration so thought I'd ask what papers I should ensure we check before registering the car in Mumbai RTO?

So far, the seller has shared:

1) Registration card (with chip)
2) Valid insurance

No green tax as it is not required in Bhopal apparently. Should I insist on anything else?

Thanks!

Old 22nd November 2018, 10:25   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
My soon to be wife and I have decided on purchasing a 1957 Fiat Elegant for our wedding car. The car is currently registered in Bhopal but was originally from Maharashtra and still has the MPE license plate.
Congrats. Just to point out though, that MPE would still be a Madhya Pradesh registration.

Quote:
We'd like to ensure that the paperwork doesn't get in the way of a good celebration so thought I'd ask what papers I should ensure we check before registering the car in Mumbai RTO?

So far, the seller has shared:

1) Registration card (with chip)
2) Valid insurance

No green tax as it is not required in Bhopal apparently. Should I insist on anything else?

If the seller provides you an NOC you should be good to go. The NOC implies that the car has all taxes and fitness and insurance/PUC etc. up to date. To transfer into Maharashtra you will have to pay road tax once again, which can be an expensive and painful affair as there is no guideline to go by. You will also have to pay green tax.
karlosdeville is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2018, 13:56   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
If the seller provides you an NOC you should be good to go. The NOC implies that the car has all taxes and fitness and insurance/PUC etc. up to date. To transfer into Maharashtra you will have to pay road tax once again, which can be an expensive and painful affair as there is no guideline to go by. You will also have to pay green tax.
Many thanks! Forgive the ignorance here but is the NOC a Maharashtra form (with a document #) or a document that the seller needs to supply?

Also, do I have time to pay to road tax and environment tax or is this something that needs to be done right away?
Old 22nd November 2018, 14:17   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Many thanks! Forgive the ignorance here but is the NOC a Maharashtra form (with a document #) or a document that the seller needs to supply?

Also, do I have time to pay to road tax and environment tax or is this something that needs to be done right away?
NOC will be issued by Bhopal RTO to Bombay RTO (assuming the car is registered in Bhopal). In order to transfer to Bombay, you need to submit this NOC document to Bombay RTO. I forget now but I think NOC is Form 28. Forms 29 and 30 will also be needed for the transfer. As a security measure check that the chassis number mentioned on the registration document matches the car.

The NOC document I think is valid for 3 or 6 months, not sure.
karlosdeville is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2018, 20:09   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
NOC will be issued by Bhopal RTO to Bombay RTO (assuming the car is registered in Bhopal). In order to transfer to Bombay, you need to submit this NOC document to Bombay RTO. I forget now but I think NOC is Form 28. Forms 29 and 30 will also be needed for the transfer. As a security measure check that the chassis number mentioned on the registration document matches the car.

The NOC document I think is valid for 3 or 6 months, not sure.
Form 28 is indeed for NOC to other state .It is valid for six months and has to be revalidated if it is not registered within the stipulated period

Most Viewed