Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2010, 14:10   #31
BHPian

Conratulations and hope that the association goes a long way in promoting the sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
So as scheduled on 8th May 2010 CIVAA (Central India Vintage Automobile Association) came into being. The attendance was quite good and office bearers were elected.The members enrolled initially will be proudly proclaimed as "founder members" (incl. Yours Truly). It will be meets now and during the monsoon. Thereafter runs will be organised after the weather becomes Vintage friendly and conducive.
Old 26th May 2010, 17:42   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cargaze View Post
Conratulations and hope that the association goes a long way in promoting the sport
Sport! My wife would beg to differ! She calls it a disease which is pretty much incurable and highly contagious

But my congratulations to you folks, Nagpur at one time had some stellar stuff but left the city because of lack of awareness and interest. I am sure the new club will awaken the spirit.
Old 26th May 2010, 18:11   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Sport! My wife would beg to differ! She calls it a disease which is pretty much incurable and highly contagious

But my congratulations to you folks, Nagpur at one time had some stellar stuff but left the city because of lack of awareness and interest. I am sure the new club will awaken the spirit.
Even my wife thinks the same way, but then she thinks after dealing with one or two cars the disease will cure by itself . And I think the other way.
Old 27th May 2010, 20:50   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cargaze View Post
Thanks Cargaze.

Quote:

Thanks the mole, will keep the postings alive here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Even my wife thinks the same way, but then she thinks after dealing with one or two cars the disease will cure by itself . And I think the other way.
Thanks to you all for the humorous side of the picture.Wives are though good navigators in old cars on the passenger seat.
I cannot however comment on how they navigate their husbands through the journey called life!!
Old 28th May 2010, 10:21   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks to you all for the humorous side of the picture.Wives are though good navigators in old cars on the passenger seat.
OT but I cant even give them that, the last couple of rallies we have missed the first Time Post what's the use of going through the course right? Well maybe thats what they want a speedy exit home and out of the smouldering hot cars.
Old 29th May 2010, 00:19   #36
Senior - BHPian

Anjan sir, what is the process for enrolling? Owning a Vintage/Classic mandatory?
Old 29th May 2010, 14:16   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Anjan sir, what is the process for enrolling? Owning a Vintage/Classic mandatory?
Yes Sir, they have made that mandatory.

Quote:
OT but I cant even give them that, the last couple of rallies we have missed the first Time Post what's the use of going through the course right? Well maybe thats what they want a speedy exit home and out of the smouldering hot cars.
Had a hearty laugh and can appreciate that viewpoint as most of our wives are used to travelling in AC Class on the roads.
Old 20th June 2010, 20:59   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Today 20/06/2010 we had a monsoon run organised by CIVAA traversing through many parts of the Orange City (Nagpur).The run started at around 4.00pm and ended by 5.45 pm.
A meeting was held after the run to decide about the gala CIVAA Independence Day Run to be organised on 15/08/2010.
Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-0001.jpg
Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-0002.jpg
Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-0003.jpg
Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-0004.jpg
Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-0005.jpg
Among a future entrant in the CIVAA circuit was a 1932 Austin Torpedo which has been wonderfully restored.Who said Austin made only small cars? This car's rear legroom would put most of the present day cars to shame.Just see it to believe ! The Austin Sheerline is also a good example of a big Austin!

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-0006.jpg
Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-0007.jpg
Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-0009.jpg
Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-0010.jpg
Click image for larger version

Name:	0010.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	296.5 KB
ID:	371623
Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-0011.jpg
Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-0012.jpg
Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-0014.jpg
Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-0015.jpg
The CIVAA members and honchos too in a meeting after the run at Shree garage.
Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-0030.jpg
(L-R) Shirish, Shahrukh and Ashish
Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-0031.jpg
Shahrukh and our President Mr Deshmukh
Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-0032.jpg
The members assembled airing thier views

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 20th June 2010 at 21:05.
Old 20th June 2010, 22:53   #39
BHPian

My hearty congratulations to Dr.Anjan Chaterjee and other members of the Vintage & Classic Car Club, Nagpur, for their effort in sucessfully organizing their maiden drive. I wish the Club and all the members all the very best for all their future events.

S.B.Jatti
Old 20th June 2010, 23:08   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Today 20/06/2010 we had a monsoon run organised by CIVAA traversing through many parts of the Orange City (Nagpur).The run started at around 4.00pm and ended by 5.45 pm.
Among a future entrant in the CIVAA circuit was a 1932 Austin Torpedo which has been wonderfully restored. Who said Austin made only small cars? This car's rear legroom would put most of the present day cars to shame. Just see it to believe ! The Austin Sheerline is also a good example of a big Austin!

(L-R) Shirish, Shahrukh and Ashish
Hi Anjan,
Please post some detailed picture of this Austin Torpedo. I have a doubt that the rear section of the body is not original. It looks Lancia Lambda-ish. Also, wheels look a bit odd. But the car has presence.
There were othe big Austins too, post war we had the Princess and Sheerline, but prewar there were also 7-seaters, even in Landaulet versions. It is just that the most common car was the Austin 7.
Very glad to see that your club is active, even in the mosoon season. Keep it up and may Nagpur get more cars.

Cheers harit

BTW, it was Shirish, Ashish, Shahrukh

Last edited by harit : 20th June 2010 at 23:09.
Old 21st June 2010, 19:44   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B.Jatti View Post
My hearty congratulations to Dr.Anjan Chaterjee and other members of the Vintage & Classic Car Club, Nagpur, for their effort in sucessfully organizing their maiden drive. I wish the Club and all the members all the very best for all their future events.
S.B.Jatti
Thanks Mr S.B. Jatti and Mr Diljeet Titus- your timely help and solutions, to our queries with logistic support are kindly acknowledged by one and all in our general body meet that was held after yesterday's run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Hi Anjan,
Please post some detailed picture of this Austin Torpedo. I have a doubt that the rear section of the body is not original. It looks Lancia Lambda-ish. Also, wheels look a bit odd. But the car has presence.
There were othe big Austins too, post war we had the Princess and Sheerline, but prewar there were also 7-seaters, even in Landaulet versions. It is just that the most common car was the Austin 7.
Very glad to see that your club is active, even in the mosoon season. Keep it up and may Nagpur get more cars.

Cheers harit
BTW, it was Shirish, Ashish, Shahrukh
Thanks harit for your nice words. I will post more pictures of the car when I see it next.
Old 4th August 2010, 19:41   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

There is the Independence Day Run by CIVAA planned for 15/08/2010 commencing from Kasturchand Park, Nagpur.Some regulars and also some exotics are to participate.Getting some scoops but will post greater details after confirmation.
Old 7th August 2010, 16:48   #43
BHPian

Congratulations on the formation of CIVAA anjan sir ! Will surely be at KP on the 15th. Hope to meet you and agspins there.
Old 8th August 2010, 09:39   #44
BHPian

Just read the article on CIVAA in today's newspaper. I am more than happy to know that the meeting point is Khamla Square as it is not even half a km. away from my place.
Old 8th August 2010, 10:11   #45
Senior - BHPian

I too read the article featuring Anjan Sir and his Black beauty, Good to know its at Khamla Sq, as its just a 2 min walk from my place.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks