Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2010, 00:06   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
That's really wonderful that this was your initiative. After the Bentley and Mustang drives Aniruddh and I had discussed the need to do something on our own, possibly a Hyderabad Bangalore drive given a fabulous highway.

Since we did this often for superbikes I tried unsuccessfully to motivate locals here to do this but no one seems interested. Quite obviously Mumbai owners have the right spirit. Its just so much fun. When you combine these drives with breakfasts or lunches it becomes one helluva activity for a weekend. Too much fun.

Best wishes and hopefully I'll join you guys someday Been a long while since APX 110 tasted Mumbai air
Those events were orgaised and very private. If you catch a Marque on its own you would not have the numbers and it would be a little dull. Bentley and Mustang drive were not publicised and most were not local cars. The idea of Hyderabad Bangalore drive is neat, but when you put it on the other side of the fence it is not taken up by all. Some owners would not drive the extra mile and would prefer in the city or a 150 kms radious at the most.

Here for now we are only keeping the city as the focus A) due to the heat past 10:30am, B) we need to make a start and 3) want to work at a slow pace, to get everything right. We do have breakfast and if the guys are still upto it lunch as well. Each time the meeting points and the places we drive to are different.

Ur most welcome to join us whenever your in town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavesh55 View Post
Hoping to get a '87 german damsel this time. If things work out there would be a '32 Austin too in the tow. Would like to meet somewhere in town.
VW Jetta and Dhabolkar uncle i presume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Fantastic. Is it the old C Class?
VW not C class bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
The Mumbai initiatives are a step in the right direction. Unfortunately it is too hot now for many of us to join, the last VCCCI event did drain a lot of participants.
The benchmark for an event in Mumbai can be the bentley and Mustang events, but remember, these were organised events and private events not for public. Organisation is very important for a thoroughly enjoyable event, remember the Vashi to Khandala run. It was pure fun. Private events allow the participants some exclusion of the general public, the Bentley fellows thumbed their noses at the Mumbai public, the Mustang guys did their own thing starting at film city and zoomed off. Few were even aware.
So when Mumbai cools down, we must have a combo of both, some private fun events amongs us like the FCCCI and VW events, and also organised events like Sportscraft did. We enthusiasts often do meet up, but it is more for refreshments than the drive, which will change wioth the weather.

Cheers harit

I agree but still we have 25/30 cars coming for the drive. The drive is at 8am and the last one was over by 10:15am so it still does not get too hot. Here we are not exactly going to be standing besides the cars but go to a place and have breakfast or lunch. This is not like a VCCCI event where participants were drained and dehydrated, We have kept all this in mind. I am just trying to improve the flaw of VCCCI rallys and make our drives a better place to be in.

The Sportscraft event was a fun one and we would make these drives on a similar platform. SK is also invited and he would impart his vast knowledge to hold and run such events succesfully. Would look forward to More events post monsoon.

Would love to see you for the Drive as well Harit uncle .
Old 21st April 2010, 00:29   #62

What a Fantastic narration back there. Wonderful. We could Drive down to somewhere like Lavasa. I could talk to the owners of the Waterfront Shaw. We can do this as a Weekend thing. Obviously it woudnt be cheap, but it would most definitely be alot of fun!
Old 21st April 2010, 20:10   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What a Fantastic narration back there. Wonderful. We could Drive down to somewhere like Lavasa. I could talk to the owners of the Waterfront Shaw. We can do this as a Weekend thing. Obviously it woudnt be cheap, but it would most definitely be alot of fun!
All in the pipeline for post Monsoon Drives brother, when the weather gets cooler .

Guys i need confirmations to the number of people (families and friends are welcome too) as we have organised a deal with Amateurs riders club for breakfast @ 175 per head. This would be collected at Carter road itself to avoid any embarrasment to anyone, and has to be paid before we enter the Buffet area at the club.

We assemble at Carter road outside cafe coffee day at 8am, drive down to Amateurs riders club. have breakfast and then drive to nariman point or kala ghoda.
Old 21st April 2010, 20:33   #64
Senior - BHPian

Wow this looks like a smashing meet unfortunately i have to be out of town on urgent business. Damn I just love the breakfast at the amatuer rider's club and the location for photos will be amazing with the racecourse in the backdrop.
Old 21st April 2010, 20:56   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
It is by invitation only, wonder how many invitees would turn up when one has to remember that most of these classics have no airconditioning. It is simply too hot.
The Mumbai initiatives are a step in the right direction. Unfortunately it is too hot now for many of us to join, the last VCCCI event did drain a lot of participants.
Cheers harit
harit must take inspiration from we Nagpurians who at 45 degrees were so cool and took the V&C Run last Sunday.
Old 21st April 2010, 21:59   #66

@anjan, Nagpur isnt really humid isnt it. Thats the Big difference!!

Speedy, Im Confirmed for sure!! Might have some friends hop in.
Old 21st April 2010, 23:04   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Wow this looks like a smashing meet unfortunately i have to be out of town on urgent business. Damn I just love the breakfast at the amatuer rider's club and the location for photos will be amazing with the racecourse in the backdrop.
Yes sir, we are 20 cars confirmed for the drive Amol. You will be missed but no sweat there are more drives to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
harit must take inspiration from we Nagpurians who at 45 degrees were so cool and took the V&C Run last Sunday.
Nagpur is humidity free and thats a plus point to Bombay weather. I just believe if you have the passion and the will, weather does not factor in atall. There is water and juices made to quench the thirst and keep you hydrated and the natural and man made shade in the form of trees and caps to keep the sun off you. The drive is still taking place as scheduled.

Quote:
Speedy, Im Confirmed for sure!! Might have some friends hop in.
You would have to give me a confirmed number by tomorrow afternoon latest as i have to give the compiled list by tomorrow evening to them.
Old 21st April 2010, 23:35   #68
Senior - BHPian

Can't make it guys. Family matters.
But this sounds sooo exciting, I'll be there next time for sure !
Old 22nd April 2010, 00:04   #69

@Abhishek, Me+1. Confirmed. BLL4919
Old 22nd April 2010, 02:10   #70
BHPian

Hope to see you guys on Sunday. I am in for sure.
Old 22nd April 2010, 09:59   #71
BHPian

Will not be able to make it this time.
Looking forward to a monsoon drive now!
Hope you'll have good one.
Old 24th April 2010, 13:53   #72
BHPian

[quote=speedy;1848114]
VW Jetta and Dhabolkar uncle i presume.
[quote]

Thanks for confirming Abhishek.
The Austin wont be coming as Dhabholkar uncle is off to Alibag, but the Jetta is in.

@Cyrus- I guess the C class in question is a '96 not a '87. Hopefully nextime.
Old 24th April 2010, 15:00   #73
BHPian

We're getting the Beetle again, and maybe the Microbus too.
Old 24th April 2010, 16:21   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomUsername View Post
We're getting the Beetle again, and maybe the Microbus too.
Thats great, had wished you get the beetle and bus, guess it will make a good VW family.
Old 25th April 2010, 11:32   #75

Just came back from the Drive. FANTASTIC!! Completely BLOWN AWAY!! Some AWESOME cars.

2 MGs
2 Rolls Royces
2 Jags
1 Fiat
4 VWs
1 Chrysler
1 Mercedes
1 PAckard

And A Miata.

Am I missing anything??

What FANTASTIC cars!!

@Yash, LOVE the MG. Just LOVE it!! Kudos to you for keeping it in that shape!

@ Randomusername, as always you are the official photographer. Please Do post pics of every car.

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks