Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2010, 12:02   #1
Senior - BHPian

How about our own little club for Classic Car Drives and Meetups

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomUsername View Post
It's been postponed to the 4th of April. this is getting ridiculous. next year we should have our own Team-BHP Mumbai classic car meet or something in January when it's not so hot.

Why wait for that, i got a better proposal.
Every month classic and vintage car owners should meet up for a drive followed by lunch. This would ensure the cars get a run with no hassles of judgeing or politics. This would be a fun thing where anyone and everyone can join in.
Old 23rd March 2010, 23:55   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Every month classic and vintage car owners should meet up for a drive followed by lunch. This would ensure the cars get a run with no hassles of judgeing or politics. This would be a fun thing where anyone and everyone can join in.
I'm totally game for this - That way we'll all get our classic / vintage car ogling fix every month ! A year is tooo long a wait !!
Old 24th March 2010, 20:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I agree lets call it the "Amateur Vintage and Classic Car Owners and Enthusiasts Club-Mumbai".

Like the Fiat club we can meet informally and enjoy our beauties.
Old 24th March 2010, 22:10   #4
Senior - BHPian

club name

VCCOC - vintage and classic car owners club
Old 24th March 2010, 23:32   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
I agree lets call it the "Amateur Vintage and Classic Car Owners and Enthusiasts Club-Mumbai".
A person would get tired just saying the name of the club brother. AVCCOECM.

Quote:
Like the Fiat club we can meet informally and enjoy our beauties.
Yes sir i second it totally. This would be the soul of the group. No restrictions if you have a fiat to a Rolls Royce in the classics and vintages. Even the modern cars should be allowed if someone wants to join in. No enthusiast should be left out even if he does not have a vintage or classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasli View Post
VCCOC - vintage and classic car owners club
The name is nice but one change VCMCOC - Vintage Classic and Modern Car Owners Club.
Dont want to dissapoint anyone who is enthusiast, but does not have a vintage or classic car.
Old 24th March 2010, 23:39   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
I'm totally game for this - That way we'll all get our classic / vintage car ogling fix every month ! A year is tooo long a wait !!
I second that! We should have something similar in Hyd. too!
Old 25th March 2010, 11:59   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Yes sir i second it totally. This would be the soul of the group. No restrictions if you have a fiat to a Rolls Royce in the classics and vintages. Even the modern cars should be allowed if someone wants to join in. No enthusiast should be left out even if he does not have a vintage or classic.

The name is nice but one change VCMCOC - Vintage Classic and Modern Car Owners Club.
Dont want to dissapoint anyone who is enthusiast, but does not have a vintage or classic car.
I agree that the abbreviated name of the club should be succinct however I am would like to differ on the inclusion of the word modern. The word modern is limitless. Enthusiasts are free to come in any car they choose, however they should be encouraged to come in their Vintage and classic first if they have one. Those who don't have classics or vintages can come in any car. But mentioning the word modern in our name will just bring a whole troop of Lauras, citys and the likes. There will be days when there will be one classic and whole lot of daily use cars, then whats the sense of such a club, it defeats the whole purpose of the excercise.

Then whats the sense in having the terms Vintage and Classic car in the name. Just call it a motoring club!
Old 25th March 2010, 15:25   #8
Senior - BHPian

Mole and Speedy, No offence.
This New club, can be different.
Why not a "Classic and Modern Classic in the making Club"? CMCC!
Lets appreciate, not Many Real Vintage car owners are going to come so so often as in once a month meet etc. They also tend to be a little difficult with their vintages etc. So to make an active club, as MOST own classics and Not Vintage, this suggestion. Also doesnt clash with any other club and their articles/purpose!!
Old 25th March 2010, 16:17   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Lets appreciate, not Many Real Vintage car owners are going to come so so often as in once a month meet etc. They also tend to be a little difficult with their vintages etc. So to make an active club, as MOST own classics and Not Vintage, this suggestion. Also doesnt clash with any other club and their articles/purpose!!
Thats a very good suggestion, that way all the poor modern classics post 60's which have been treated like pariahs will have a club they can call their own.

One of my friends (Non-Bhpian) had a suggestion please do also include classic and modern classic bikes.
Old 25th March 2010, 20:10   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I agree that the abbreviated name of the club should be succinct however I am would like to differ on the inclusion of the word modern. The word modern is limitless. Enthusiasts are free to come in any car they choose, however they should be encouraged to come in their Vintage and classic first if they have one. Those who don't have classics or vintages can come in any car. But mentioning the word modern in our name will just bring a whole troop of Lauras, citys and the likes. There will be days when there will be one classic and whole lot of daily use cars, then whats the sense of such a club, it defeats the whole purpose of the excercise.

Then whats the sense in having the terms Vintage and Classic car in the name. Just call it a motoring club!
I agree, did not think of it that way. The suggestion of the name given by my brother is good then VCCOC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
I did that last year! It was just too hot to do the whole run, so I flagged off and went straight to Indigo deli for a nice breakfast! With the way things are looking let me know if anyone wants to join me this year!
I do it all the time .

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
Actually it's almost a family owned enterprise!
Almost....It is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Completely agreed uncle. Thats why i had included moderns in the first place but i guess the term moderns gets too broad and we could loose the essense. We could call it VCMCC - Vintage Classic Modern Classic Club.

Not many Vintage car owners would get the cars out, but do not really want to dissapoint anyone, so shall include the Vintage cars in the name too.

Uncle here you got it wrong. This is not a VCCCI sort of club. No paper work not headaches, no money collection nothing. Its a few like minded people gather for a morning/night drive followed by a lunch/dinner. Everyone goes dutch (simplest way). We are just giving a name to a group, by no means are we trying to overthrow VCCCI or form a parallel club . So dont think any other club except VCCCI would have an objection.

Quote:
Thats a very good suggestion, that way all the poor modern classics post 60's which have been treated like pariahs will have a club they can call their own.

One of my friends (Non-Bhpian) had a suggestion please do also include classic and modern classic bikes.
Yes sir, 1901 to say the 1990's Just like a suggestion of the year.

Amol this is as much your club as anyone elses, everyone is the Chairman of this gathering. So just a We should include bikes as well would do .
I dont know how many bikes would come, but none the less they are most welcome. Even they deserve a ride and a run for their engines.

Now a new name?
Old 25th March 2010, 21:15   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now a new name?
Forget names, how about a meet this Sunday with our classics, is'nt it the whole point of the exercise. Lets see if there's a show of strength to take the whole club idea forward.
Old 25th March 2010, 23:16   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Forget names, how about a meet this Sunday with our classics, is'nt it the whole point of the exercise. Lets see if there's a show of strength to take the whole club idea forward.
I'm with you guys... Name the place and the time.
Our poor Fiats will get some recognition at last..
Old 25th March 2010, 23:32   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am game. The cars are still going through the last minute detailing, but i am in. Where and what time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
I'm with you guys... Name the place and the time.
Our poor Fiats will get some recognition at last..
They always did my friend, but the politics had them kept away from the main stream.
Old 26th March 2010, 13:48   #14
BHPian

A meet every month is a good idea, if we do have one this Sunday we'll be getting the beetle and/or microbus
Old 26th March 2010, 14:23   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomUsername View Post
A meet every month is a good idea, if we do have one this Sunday we'll be getting the beetle and/or microbus
A few people have been informed by my brother awaiting their confirmation.
Even if it is 5 cars we plan to go for a drive even if it is round the block .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks