Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2010, 13:49   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
It is the only running T I know of in Pune presently. There are a couple more runners in Bombay, plus one in Pune, roadworthy but not in use.

The RJI Buick is with the Sable brothers, quite a collection.

BYF 4854 is an 80C Roadmaster, this configuration I believe is quite unique, with 3 cars known to survive (subject to correction). One is this, another is Bhogilal's, and the 3rd is in Canada, used by Prince Charles and Princess Diana on their honeymoon there, or so the story goes.

The Canadian car you mentioned is one of two 39 Mc Laughlin Buicks built for the Royal tour of King George. Both of them survive to this day.

As it is said that only 3 80C cars were built it is definite that the Royal Buicks are ruled out of this catagory.

It would be great if you could check on the ID plate on this car to see if it is really an 80C or actually a 81C.

I don't think these are the 80C cars
Old 9th May 2010, 18:18   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Karl

Some questions regarding the bikes.

1. ADX 334 (Matchless) seen a Matchless twin for the first time, any history on this bike. Is it a 500 or a 650 ?
Wasif, My neighbour had a AJS twin 31 CSR until 4 years ago. It was a 650 cc engine. He had it for years in his house. And then his kids grew up and they said keep it out in the compound since it looks bad inside. And then he fell ill and was admitted to hospital, and his cousin who didn't get on with him, and lived above and was also his landlord sold it to the Bangarwalla. Poor chap all he has is the fuel tank. His uncle who is now very old had a 500 twin matchless with the big jampot rear shocks. I know a mechanic here who used to get bikes from Hyderabad and he had a 500 twin matchless a few years ago.

Karlosdeville who's BMW is that? There used to be a punjabi guy here many years ago he had a son who was a cyclist and they bought a lot of motorcycles. Later I heard her went to pune. He had a Square four too. His name is Mr. Mehra and he and the son (ashish?)used to come regularly to my place about 25 years ago. Is he arround still?

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 9th May 2010 at 18:37.
Old 9th May 2010, 19:01   #33
Senior - BHPian

Those Matchless / AJS twins are pretty rare. The four cylinder ones are as rare as hens teeth today.

This guy Zozy had a Silver Arrow frame long ago.

The Square four Ariel is also a very nice bike, also quiet rare now !
Old 9th May 2010, 23:12   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Its the same D that attends many Pune events, many pics are available on previous threads. Dont have any more.

The Matchless was entered as a 1952 G9 500cc, apparently bought a couple of years back from Secunderabad.

The ADX Norton I think is an Atlas. Owned by Mandar Phadke, he owns a few more Dommies. Also entered by him was a 650SS, though I do not remember seeing it. (Or was it vice versa? I couldn't spend much time with the bikes.)

MYV and BYH are both Goldstars, both belonged to british bike legend Rueben Solomon, he sold BYH a few years back to Mandar. Maybe Dominator can shed more light on these bikes.

A rear view of the Ducati. I do not know much about it, have not seen it before too.

Attachment 345237
BYH 6184 is a DB 350. MYV 7155 is the DBD 500. ADX 8108 - Norton Atlas.
Old 10th May 2010, 09:45   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
Karlosdeville who's BMW is that? There used to be a punjabi guy here many years ago he had a son who was a cyclist and they bought a lot of motorcycles. Later I heard her went to pune. He had a Square four too. His name is Mr. Mehra and he and the son (ashish?)used to come regularly to my place about 25 years ago. Is he arround still?
The BMW was entered from Bombay, owner has a couple more lovely Beemers too, besides other exotica like an ES2 with featherbed frame and G80 Matchless.

Mr. Mehra is in Pune, I had the pleasure of meeting him recently and seeing a few of his lovely bikes including Square Four.
Old 10th May 2010, 19:52   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

More pics and info can be found here

ZigWheels Fort Jadhavgadh Heritage Drive 2010 - SpecialFeatures - Zigwheels.com
Old 11th May 2010, 02:09   #37
Senior - BHPian

The standards of restoration of the cars are getting better and i guess even the picture quality effects the way a car would look when photographed.I personally don't like the new colour combo on the Bentley.It was looking better at the Cartier show.

Last edited by IndrojitSircar : 11th May 2010 at 02:13.
Old 11th May 2010, 07:16   #38
BHPian

see the video of drive.Et now channel.

Last edited by veldeep : 11th May 2010 at 07:18.
Old 11th May 2010, 08:59   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
I personally don't like the new colour combo on the Bentley.It was looking better at the Cartier show.
This Bentley was not at Cartier, and has been in this colour combo for a while. Cartier Bentley was a cabrio, this is a hardtop.
Old 11th May 2010, 11:25   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

They hav done a great job of presenting the cars and bikes with their individual histories and good picture to accompany them.

This is a format that should be followed by all organisors of such events as it adds so much clarity to the whole thing.

BTW I think the description of the two Vakil Buicks have been accidently switched around !
Old 11th May 2010, 11:27   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This Bentley was not at Cartier, and has been in this colour combo for a while. Cartier Bentley was a cabrio, this is a hardtop.
My mistake, this Bentley was also at Cartier, but in the same colour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
BTW I think the description of the two Vakil Buicks have been accidently switched around !
And I think I did the same thing with my photos that I uploaded earlier

This event will be an annual affair.
Old 11th May 2010, 15:55   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
My mistake, this Bentley was also at Cartier, but in the same colour.

Its Ok not a problem. I took it to be one car in stead of two.Thankx for clarifying anyway.
Old 1st May 2011, 08:17   #43
BHPian

Re: The Zigwheels and Fort Jadhavgadh heritage drive 2010

Overheard that the 2011 Fort Jadhavgadh drive is scheduled for the 7th and 8th of May. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 3rd May 2011, 15:11   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinephraim View Post
Overheard that the 2011 Fort Jadhavgadh drive is scheduled for the 7th and 8th of May. Can anyone confirm this?
Yes it is confirmed that the drive is fixed on 7th and 8th May

My friend is participating with his 1926 AJS and i will be accompaning him
Old 3rd May 2011, 20:26   #45
BHPian

http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...havgadh/8273/1

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks