Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2015, 17:30   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: "Doing a Mysore" again - Cars of Maharaja of Mysore

Hot on the lines of the new Rolls-Royce 'Maharaja special',

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/pre-w...ml#post3582845 (How rich were the Maharajas before Independence! Cars of the Maharajas)

Comes the Rolls-Royce 'Mysore Collection'

http://drivercult.com/2015/02/bespok...tion-unveiled/

As courtesy they should atleast present one to the erstwhile Mysore State
karlosdeville is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2015, 05:12   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Hot on the lines of the new Rolls-Royce 'Maharaja special',

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/pre-w...ml#post3582845 (How rich were the Maharajas before Independence! Cars of the Maharajas)

Comes the Rolls-Royce 'Mysore Collection'

http://drivercult.com/2015/02/bespok...tion-unveiled/

As courtesy they should atleast present one to the erstwhile Mysore State
This is interesting - all 3 for sale only in Abu Dhabi ? There are neither tigers nor Maharajas there (or for that matter Tipu Sultan) !

At least they could have used an authentic "Mysore" livery. Between R-R and Bentleys, there must have been at least 20 colour combinations to choose from.

At least, it has more wood than I have in my house.

Last edited by travancore : 19th February 2015 at 05:17.
travancore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2015, 02:43   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like a recent photo. Do not know where it was taken.

"Doing a Mysore" again - Cars of Maharaja of Mysore-mysore-hispano-suiza-1919-2015.jpg
travancore is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th March 2015, 15:26   #79
Senior - BHPian

GD Naidu COllection Coimbatore

What a beauty !

Quote:
Originally Posted by travancore View Post
Looks like a recent photo. Do not know where it was taken.

Attachment 1347366
Old 14th March 2015, 08:00   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Fixing Bulganin's flag on the Mysore Daimler, ca 1955

"Doing a Mysore" again - Cars of Maharaja of Mysore-bulganin-mysore-1955-tbhp.jpg
travancore is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th March 2015, 05:45   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasli View Post
GD Naidu COllection Coimbatore

What a beauty !

Please find a recent snap of the car which showcases itself after a restoration for the Cartier Show.

Enjoy !

Cheers "Doing a Mysore" again - Cars of Maharaja of Mysore-imageuploadedbyteambhp1426464891.976006.jpg
kasli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th March 2015, 08:57   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Please find a recent snap of the car which showcases itself after a restoration for the Cartier Show.

Enjoy !

Cheers Attachment 1350069
A very well presented car indeed! Such cars sadly are seen rarely by the enthusiasts .

I wonder what can be done to bring out more such cars. Cartier was a good reason for these cars to be spruced up and shown, but tweety tells me that they are having a rethink on future shows in India.

It would be a pity if they stopped sponsoring such events here but it would be a greater pity if they continued to do so in the manner they do

Last edited by Bulldogji : 16th March 2015 at 09:03.
Old 16th March 2015, 10:47   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogji View Post
A very well presented car indeed! Such cars sadly are seen rarely by the enthusiasts .

I wonder what can be done to bring out more such cars. Cartier was a good reason for these cars to be spruced up and shown
Quote:

Enjoy !

Cheers Attachment 1350069
Agreed. Even globally Hispano's are such rare sights and honestly folks like me are damn lucky to see them in person within India. No doubt the owner has done great job to get the car in this shape but maybe bit more could have been done to get it to concourse, paucity of time could be the reason. Found the paint job mediocre and lacked attention to minute details at quite a few places. Nevertheless always gives a super sense of joy to see Hispano's.
Attached Thumbnails
"Doing a Mysore" again - Cars of Maharaja of Mysore-dscf9478.jpg  

"Doing a Mysore" again - Cars of Maharaja of Mysore-dscf9479.jpg  

"Doing a Mysore" again - Cars of Maharaja of Mysore-dscf9480.jpg  

67Bug is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th March 2015, 13:24   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Bug View Post
Agreed. Even globally Hispano's are such rare sights and honestly folks like me are damn lucky to see them in person within India. No doubt the owner has done great job to get the car in this shape but maybe bit more could have been done to get it to concourse, paucity of time could be the reason. Found the paint job mediocre and lacked attention to minute details at quite a few places. Nevertheless always gives a super sense of joy to see Hispano's.

The paint and restoration was carried out by the same team that had other entries at the recent Cartier show.

Now any guesses why the Hispano was not given the same attention to detail?

But I do think you are being a bit over critical. It was a pleasing job and some of us know how difficult it is to restore. Please enter a car in such shows , go thru the pains of restoration and then comment
Bulldogji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2015, 21:27   #85
BHPian

Quote:
The paint and restoration was carried out by the same team that had other entries at the recent Cartier show.

Now any guesses why the Hispano was not given the same attention to detail?

But I do think you are being a bit over critical. It was a pleasing job and some of us know how difficult it is to restore. Please enter a car in such shows , go thru the pains of restoration and then comment

How I'd wish that day arrives but doubt in this life time. Well it was just an observation my kind Sir as I saw bubbles popping out near the right side of the door as well as paint peels around that area which generally is not expected from restorations of this quality. Sorry if I sounded over critical as that never was the intention.
67Bug is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2015, 11:35   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Bug View Post
How I'd wish that day arrives but doubt in this life time. Well it was just an observation my kind Sir as I saw bubbles popping out near the right side of the door as well as paint peels around that area which generally is not expected from restorations of this quality. Sorry if I sounded over critical as that never was the intention.
Interesting observation. Now Tweety whispered in my ears that the Hispano and Minerva were painted in the same workshop, but the Minerva was pre-selected for Best Of Show.

Is it possible that the Hispano was considered competition and therefore some defects were not corrected?

But politics apart, it was great meeting old friends and making new ones.
Old 21st March 2015, 13:22   #87
BHPian

Quote:

I wonder what can be done to bring out more such cars. Cartier was a good reason for these cars to be spruced up and shown, but tweety tells me that they are having a rethink on future shows in India.

It would be a pity if they stopped sponsoring such events here but it would be a greater pity if they continued to do so in the manner they do
indeed a pity if they do stop, i quite like the show, it was an excuse to get my car running again, even if it didnt win its class, which I knew it wouldnt, but there should be some consolation, and the number of prizes should be increased to include runners up in all catagories, that way i would have had a chance at something to show my kids and wife at home.

as for the hispano, i loved it, i dont care much for trailer queens, i like a car that can be used. if its too shiny,then you cant take your kids out in it for an ice cream.
awini is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th March 2015, 14:25   #88
Senior - BHPian

Few pics of the rolls royce mysore collection that i received in watsapp from a friend of mine.

Sorry if its already posted earlier.
"Doing a Mysore" again - Cars of Maharaja of Mysore-imageuploadedbyteambhp1427273589.816103.jpg
"Doing a Mysore" again - Cars of Maharaja of Mysore-imageuploadedbyteambhp1427273651.273341.jpg
"Doing a Mysore" again - Cars of Maharaja of Mysore-imageuploadedbyteambhp1427273686.857933.jpg
TorqueyTechie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2015, 17:10   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

At a recent Bombay event, three special ex-Mysore cars were reunited - probably for the first time in decades.

From L-R are
  • 1949 Bentley Mark VI, Park Ward DHC, #B438CF, later Bharatpur
  • 1948 Invicta Black Prince, Airflow Streamlines DHC?, later Gondal
  • 1949 Bentley Mark VI, H J Mulliner DHC, #B126EY, later Pune

"Doing a Mysore" again - Cars of Maharaja of Mysore-my01.jpg
karlosdeville is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2015, 12:49   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

From Bangalore by gone facebook page, Mysore No. 3

"Doing a Mysore" again - Cars of Maharaja of Mysore-11180332_10153244759829927_5038228716484638878_n.jpg
KartikeyaL is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks