Team-BHP - Buick In India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   Buick In India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/95397-buick-india.html)

We have been contacted by Mr. Rick Young President of the Buick Club of America to contribute an article with pictures on Buicks in India for the next edition of the Buick Bugle Magazine.

Please upload and also email us short or long stories / anecdotes including a history along with pictures of your Buick (it is not necessary that you own it now – you or your family or someone you know / knew may have owned one) so that we can compile it into an article for publication as a profile of our cars in the Buick Bugle Magazine.

We look forward to receiving the history of your Buick in India along with pictures.

S.B.Jatti
Heritage Motoring Club of India

This car used to belong to us in the mid 90's. Now is in Lonavla.

I own a 74 Buick LeSabre 4 door pillarless 5.7 V8. I am the second owner. I will take some pics and post soon.

Any idea on the number of these in India?

What is the last date for submission of pictures and other info?

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar (Post 2215369)
This car used to belong to us in the mid 90's. Now is in Lonavla.

Who's the chubby boy in the photo?

This is a photo compilation of a 1956 Buick Special which was in Mumbai and must have been featured earlier. Today Saw the car and it was disentigrated beyond repair. But always for a brave a great project :D. The first set which which looked scanned were in 2005 and the later this morning.

After a highly :Frustrati thought took pictures of what the car has become today.

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by john a milne (Post 2216196)
Who's the chubby boy in the photo?

That's my uncle, who owns the Yellow Millecento in Calcutta and stays in Delhi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kasli (Post 2433153)
This is a photo compilation of a 1956 Buick Special which was in Mumbai and must have been featured earlier. Today Saw the car and it was disentigrated beyond repair. But always for a brave a great project :D. The first set which which looked scanned were in 2005 and the later this morning.
After a highly :Frustrati thought took pictures of what the car has become today.
Cheers

What a sad waste of what would have been a wonderful car. Is there any other survivor? In 6 years the deterioration has been unbelievable.

Cheers

Spotted this 46/48 in Bombay the other day - I think she used to be white earlier, and blue before that.

Name:  0001.JPG
Views: 6422
Size:  55.0 KB

The royal family of Kolhapur owns one and for the festival of dasara they ride to the dasara chowk in kolhapur in their buick.
I am sailing now but if you there is always a photo of them in local news papers namely pudhari (pudhari.in), lokmat (lokmat.com) sakal (esakal.com) on the following day.
This might be useful I thought.

Rgds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor (Post 2515834)
The royal family of Kolhapur owns one and for the festival of dasara they ride to the dasara chowk in kolhapur in their buick.
Rgds.

What is the colour of this Buick. They have the yellow Maybach which is the prized car.

Quote:

Cheers

The car is really rotting! It dons the original paint, which is the cream and black two tone paint scheme,that looked elegant on this car.
The original must have been something like this:
Buick In India-12700690n07_1956_buick_special.jpg
pic source Knuts blog

Quote:

Cheers

Holy Crap!! What a waste of a Beautiful Car!! How could someone do this to her???
I feel like Crying!! "-(

beautiful cars these ol gals are. just that they are not realistically feasible to restore and maintain for most of us folks... i remember a 50's Dodge that used to be right beside the wall of the Shiv Mandir in CR park Delhi... i used to walk past of while my mom walking me to play school! :P. i wonder where it went then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naturaldisaster (Post 2518205)
beautiful cars these ol gals are. just that they are not realistically feasible to restore and maintain for most of us folks... i remember a 50's Dodge that used to be right beside the wall of the Shiv Mandir in CR park Delhi... i used to walk past of while my mom walking me to play school! :P. i wonder where it went then.

:OT I too have seen this white Dodge Kingsway near the Kali Bari. It was parked there and virtually rotting in the early 1990's. It was gone from there later on.

Here are some pics from what's possibly the best Buick collection in India - Mr. Zahir Vakil in Pune. There are 14 or 15 of them in all.