Team-BHP - The Annual Tollygunge Club Vintage and Classic Car Display and Pet Show 2011
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   The Annual Tollygunge Club Vintage and Classic Car Display and Pet Show 2011 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/95561-annual-tollygunge-club-vintage-classic-car-display-pet-show-2011-a.html)

Hello Everyone,

Here are a few pics of the unusual cars from today's display. The others have all been covered in the Statesman Rally so didn't take any pics of those.

Regards
Prithvi

Gargantuan Rolls Royce Phantom III (V12)-I am yet to see another car with such huge proportions as this one. It;s like it was truly made for a giant!
The Annual Tollygunge Club Vintage and Classic Car Display and Pet Show 2011-image0177.jpg

Sideview
The Annual Tollygunge Club Vintage and Classic Car Display and Pet Show 2011-image0178.jpg

Gorgeous Jaguar XK140
The Annual Tollygunge Club Vintage and Classic Car Display and Pet Show 2011-image0180.jpg

The Annual Tollygunge Club Vintage and Classic Car Display and Pet Show 2011-image0181.jpg

Super rare BMW 840CI
The Annual Tollygunge Club Vintage and Classic Car Display and Pet Show 2011-image0182.jpg

The Annual Tollygunge Club Vintage and Classic Car Display and Pet Show 2011-image0183.jpg

Opulent period interiors of 99 year old Wolseley
The Annual Tollygunge Club Vintage and Classic Car Display and Pet Show 2011-image0184.jpg

Front View
The Annual Tollygunge Club Vintage and Classic Car Display and Pet Show 2011-image0185.jpg

The Annual Tollygunge Club Vintage and Classic Car Display and Pet Show 2011-image0186.jpg

The Annual Tollygunge Club Vintage and Classic Car Display and Pet Show 2011-image0187.jpg

Close up of etched glass (Lalique?) mascot
The Annual Tollygunge Club Vintage and Classic Car Display and Pet Show 2011-image0188.jpg

VW Bug (drove it for the rally)
The Annual Tollygunge Club Vintage and Classic Car Display and Pet Show 2011-image0189.jpg

Police Dodge Kingsway
The Annual Tollygunge Club Vintage and Classic Car Display and Pet Show 2011-image0190.jpg

Ex-Muazam Jah Bentley
The Annual Tollygunge Club Vintage and Classic Car Display and Pet Show 2011-image0191.jpg

Interiors
The Annual Tollygunge Club Vintage and Classic Car Display and Pet Show 2011-image0192.jpg

Rear
The Annual Tollygunge Club Vintage and Classic Car Display and Pet Show 2011-image0193.jpg

Rolls Royce 25/30 with the famous cut away steering wheel
The Annual Tollygunge Club Vintage and Classic Car Display and Pet Show 2011-image0194.jpg

The Annual Tollygunge Club Vintage and Classic Car Display and Pet Show 2011-image0195.jpg

MGA
The Annual Tollygunge Club Vintage and Classic Car Display and Pet Show 2011-image0196.jpg

Fiat 124 Sports Coupe
The Annual Tollygunge Club Vintage and Classic Car Display and Pet Show 2011-image0197.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbz180 (Post 2219083)
Hello Everyone,

Here are a few pics of the unusual cars from today's display. The others have all been covered in the Statesman Rally so didn't take any pics of those.

Regards
Prithvi

Wow i wish i was there to see the Xk in the show this but not that sad got to see a few times when i was in town.
So how was your experience of driving the car to the Show today? Had some good fun?

Quote:

Close up of etched glass (Lalique?) mascot
Attachment 487705
No that is not a Lalique mascot.

DIC 9829 looks very well done up. Indrojit has it been restored at your place ? The citroen and the Momen Rolls look stunning as usual.

Prithvi - Pls post some more interior and Engine Pictures of the Jag if you have them

Salman

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbz180 (Post 2219083)
Hello Everyone,

Regards
Prithvi

Gargantuan Rolls Royce Phantom III (V12)-I am yet to see another car with such huge proportions as this one. It;s like it was truly made for a giant!
Attachment 487685

Looks like the PIII is chassis # 3CP-100 (ex-Roger Lumley, Governor of Bombay). Registration should be WBC-1.

Does anyone have rear views of this car and the Momen Bentley to share ? Cheers

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...-image0182.jpg

Is that a 190E Cosworth in the background!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus43 (Post 2219303)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...-image0182.jpg

Is that a 190E Cosworth in the background!!!

Yes it is, how on earth did you guess?

Quote:

Originally Posted by travancore (Post 2219295)
Looks like the PIII is chassis # 3CP-100 (ex-Roger Lumley, Governor of Bombay). Registration should be WBC-1.

I always thought that this was the official Jalapaiguri state car. It used to wear "Jalpai" plates.

lovely lovely lovely!!

lucky people - those who got to be there at Tolly for this

The pictures and coverage are most enjoyable - thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by wbd8779 (Post 2219249)
DIC 9829 looks very well done up. Indrojit has it been restored at your place ? The citroen and the Momen Rolls look stunning as usual.

Salman

Yes it was restored in our workshop back in 2004 and has been maintained in its present codition since.

Quote:

I think you are correct. If i recollect, last year when i had gone with prithvi to their house to see the car i remember that this car had a WBC number very clearly. All Mr. Momen's cars had their state numbers on them at some point of time but then if you see the registration numbers of the Bentley and the Green rolls royce, they were registered much later. These cars two car(green rolls and Bentley) Had JANJIRA STATE numbers since they were given to him when he had got married. Going by the registration the car was registered in the late 90's.I will confirm the year. It is quite possible that they had bought PIII from bombay and got it re-registered in calcutta.

Quote:

I missed the Tolly Car Show, what a Disappointment!!!!

Was hoping to see more photos which is another of my passions and am posting a few shots that i had taken previous years to fill in the Blanks.

Can't wait for next year

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbz180 (Post 2219376)
I always thought that this was the official Jalapaiguri state car. It used to wear "Jalpai" plates.

This car most probably was a Jalapaiguri car after service with the Governor. If you look at Steve Stuckey's history you find that the last "recorded owner" by RR was in 1951. So Jalapaiguri may be the "missing link" - either between 194X - 1951 or 1951 - current.

Would love to see a picture with "Jalpai" plates!

the 190E and the 840ci belong to a bhpian, anish9000. more pics can be found in the following links:

1990 Mercedes 190 2.5-16 - anish9000's Photo Gallery - Team-BHP

1996 BMW 840ci (Pearl White) - anish9000's Photo Gallery - Team-BHP

Enjoy.

Just missed this event for a day! The RR WBC-1 is owned by our family. It's my great grand fathers car. Ch no. 3CP-100. And the blue rolls and bentley are my grand fathers.

Hey chargerman,please treat us to more pictures of the Lambo,F355,bentley and rolls.

Cheers
Take Care & Drive Safe
Rohin