Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2011, 16:10   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: Pre-owned Civic or Brand-new Sedan? EDIT - Bought a Civic

A very big and hearty thanks to all on Team-BHP as this forum has more than helped me in getting one of my dreams realized. I successfully took delivery of the Civic yesterday with all the requisite supporting documents. Immediately after the customary pooja at a temple near my house, I had a heartbreak as the car bottomed on a speed-breaker. But it was my mistake as I approached it like I usually do in a Santro forgetting what I am driving. But since then, all has been fine.

I had a completely different feeling today when I drove down to Trichy. The journey took just 3.5 hours and the Civic handled like a dream. You know what I mean when I say that as I was used to the high speed handling (or the lack of it) of a Santro.

I am attaching some snaps taken yesterday. I know these shots don't do justice to the beautiful design that the car possesses. Will try to go for a photo-shoot at the earliest and post the pics here.
Attached Thumbnails
Pre-owned Civic or Brand-new Sedan? EDIT - Bought a Civic-img_9235.jpg  

Pre-owned Civic or Brand-new Sedan? EDIT - Bought a Civic-img_9237.jpg  

Pre-owned Civic or Brand-new Sedan? EDIT - Bought a Civic-img_9260.jpg  

Old 21st May 2011, 16:16   #77
dot
Senior - BHPian

@Arvi86, for some reason this car looks very familiar! I wonder why...

We look forward for a new thread on your ownership experiences. We would be certainly interested to know the stories, pictures and learnings of your new car.

Last edited by dot : 21st May 2011 at 16:29.
Old 22nd May 2011, 07:06   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
@Arvi86, for some reason this car looks very familiar! I wonder why...
Yup, I think I know the reason for the above statement dot. I still remember the picture of the Scorponok taken with the Mahindra First Choice hoarding somewhere in the background. Do you remember?
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2011, 10:31   #79
Senior - BHPian

Heartily congratulations arvi86 and welcome to the wonderful world of Hondas! Civic is one car that begs you to come in and drive hard!

Looking forward to the detailed ownership report. I like the color and this is S trim, right?

Happy Civvvvving!

Last edited by Ace F355 : 22nd May 2011 at 10:34.
Old 23rd May 2011, 11:29   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Heartily congratulations arvi86 and welcome to the wonderful world of Hondas! Civic is one car that begs you to come in and drive hard!

Looking forward to the detailed ownership report. I like the color and this is S trim, right?

Happy Civvvvving!
Thanks for your wishes Ace F355. The Civic really begs to be driven hard, experienced it personally in my drive to Trichy and back. And yes, its the S MT version.
Old 23rd May 2011, 13:08   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats @arvi86- the bluish silver colour is gorgeous. Wishing you many happy miles in this baby: please convert this into your ownership thread since it has a fair bit of detail, pics etc already.
Old 23rd May 2011, 19:42   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Congrats @arvi86- the bluish silver colour is gorgeous. Wishing you many happy miles in this baby: please convert this into your ownership thread since it has a fair bit of detail, pics etc already.
Thanks a ton Noopster for your wishes. Infact when I started my search for the Civic, this was the least preferred color for me with White, Black, Red and Purple being the favorites. But over the past couple of days, a lot of people (especially ladies at home and friends) have heaped praise on the color of the car that I have started loving it. As you said, I will start an ownership thread soon.
Old 23rd May 2011, 20:27   #83
Senior - BHPian

It truly must have been a magical drive. Especially from our smaller Hatches, the driving involvement in the Civic is outstanding to say the least. I just took an i20 out for a spin yesterday and the steering feel was very close too an arcade game simulator there was zero feedback and it took me a few 100 meters to get comfortable with the steering.
Coming back to the Civic right after the i20 and the magic was back in my hands once again. Trust me years down the line you are going to be in for a very tough choice deciding what car to upgrade to. and the Civic is going to spoil you to the core. So what more good news can you ask for than that. Enjoy the civic to the core, every drive is going to be an occasion now. Wishing you many joyful motoring miles and only the best with your Blue Baby.
Drive Safe!
Old 23rd May 2011, 22:36   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
It truly must have been a magical drive. Especially from our smaller Hatches, the driving involvement in the Civic is outstanding to say the least.
Drive Safe!
The Civic was so involving to drive that I almost failed to realize the speed in which I was traveling until that stunning digital speedo flashed through my eyesight. I am loving every bit of it.

But, the only grouse that I have with the Civic is the poor throttle response in first and second gears in city traffic. It takes a lot of time getting used to. The Santro used to be a breeze inside the city and that's where I miss my old car.
Old 24th May 2011, 09:53   #85
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pre-owned Civic or Brand-new Sedan? EDIT - Bought a Civic

Yes infact @dot was mentioning the exact same thing the other day. He was explaining how Hyundai engines are very rev happy in city traffic. I had taken a relatives i20 over which was only 9 days old and has gone to the ASC 4 times for issues. So i guess you will miss the initial punch. But to be honest with you i do not feel this lag too much in the AT variant. Probably it is more prominent in the Manual.
Old 24th May 2011, 11:19   #86
Senior - BHPian

@arvi: Congrats on your buy and welcome to the club of Civic owners. You have bought yourself a truly amazing machine which will last for a lifetime. Happy and safe motoring !
Old 24th May 2011, 11:46   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Yes infact @dot was mentioning the exact same thing the other day. He was explaining how Hyundai engines are very rev happy in city traffic. Probably it is more prominent in the Manual.
I will vouch for the above two points. Hyundai's engines (esp the Santro & i10) are a gem in bumper to bumper traffic conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
@arvi: Congrats on your buy and welcome to the club of Civic owners. You have bought yourself a truly amazing machine which will last for a lifetime. Happy and safe motoring !
Thanks for your wishes. I wish and hope that the Civic will last forever.
Old 24th May 2011, 14:58   #88
BANNED

Congrats, and welcome to the Civic owners club. I suggest you spend some time on http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-must-dos.html it will not be wasted.
Old 25th May 2011, 06:29   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Congrats, and welcome to the Civic owners club. I suggest you spend some time on http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-must-dos.html it will not be wasted.
Thanks a lot sir! And yes I have started reading that thread on and off for the past 6 months or so (even before the thought of buying a Civic came to my mind).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks