Team-BHP > What Car?

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2011, 00:15   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Would you recommend a Verito over a Punto or Polo? My research for THE car contin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
I have no idea about RT rates, actually.

Just went through the Punto quotation dated 30/05/11, and for 6.73L ex-showroom they have quoted around 70K as Registration Charges. (rate comes to about 10.4%?)

Going by that info, Jazz's registration charges should come to around 79K. That's a neat 13K difference!

Brokerage maybe? Or other margins?

I called up Shubh Honda a few minutes ago and asked them to send me a quotation through email, detailing everything in plain print so that my confusion is cleared up - RT rates, insurance, what kits are available and at what rates, what is their best offer, etc.

A point to note from my brief telephonic talk with the SP - Jazz X has been discontinued. Only the base and the Select models will be available from now on.
There is some confusion for sure. Why don't you get the RT rate from your RTO? Anyways, let us see the breakup.
RT can't be different for different cars, period.
Your total onraod cost = ex-showroom+ RT+insurance + handling charges (typically 3K or so).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Road tax in CG is 92k??

In KL I was quoted 44k or something!
7.89 lac OTR for Jazz Select is still high. Haggle harder mate I'm sure you'll get a sweeter deal. Especially since you're not opting for finance.

I was quoted 7.57 lac OTR in Kerala. When I told him I wouldn't be making my booking for such an offer he was like he'll "definitely look into the Insuarance and Road Tax and see what he can do"!!
This is even before I have TD'd the Jazz.

@ adi - Regarding the separate insurance, I spoke to my SP guy about it. He said if its outside insurance, airbags and electricals will not be included in the unfortunate event of a crash. No reason to disbelieve him.
The cost or replacing released airbags was quoted 60k - 100k! Thats no short change to take from your pocket!!
No way, you can take insurance from any vendor you like and comprehensive insurance will cover everything. The dealership normally gets a lot of margin if done through them. That's why they give all those stupid funda. Don't believe them.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2011, 00:26   #77
BHPian

Re: Would you recommend a Verito over a Punto or Polo? My research for THE car contin

But can't get free insurance from outside!
And yes, the Jazz X is being discontinued.
Des anyone think a more basic Jazz maybe on the way? Minus the ABS, Airbags, Steering controls??
Geo_Ipe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2011, 11:24   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
There is some confusion for sure. Why don't you get the RT rate from your RTO? Anyways, let us see the breakup.
RT can't be different for different cars, period.
Your total onraod cost = ex-showroom+ RT+insurance + handling charges (typically 3K or so).
Yes, I am doing it first thing tomorrow morning.

When I am going to buy a car, I should have an idea about RT and Insurance rates. Tomorrow I shall visit the RTO office and a few insurers' offices (starting with my uncle's office) too, just to check how much they charge. It will help immensely.

Although I am not bothered that much about insurance. My uncle works in National Assurance and he will get me a good deal.

I remember the SP mentioning 4K for Transportation Charges. Am sure there are some other hidden charges which they haven't mentioned in that 92K.

Quote:
No way, you can take insurance from any vendor you like and comprehensive insurance will cover everything. The dealership normally gets a lot of margin if done through them. That's why they give all those stupid funda. Don't believe them.
What Adi said is true. You can't be pressed into taking insurance from the dealer. They usually get to keep at least 5K margin for themselves. It's best to get it done from outside.

Quote:
But can't get free insurance from outside!
True, too.

What I am thinking - Keep the 1 year free insurance from Honda, then in the 2nd year when it's over, get it done from a company of my choice. We can do that, can't we?

Quote:
And yes, the Jazz X is being discontinued.
Des anyone think a more basic Jazz maybe on the way? Minus the ABS, Airbags, Steering controls??
It's due for a facelift in 2012. I think they will tackle that once the Brio launch and the Honda City facelift is done and over with.

My guess - 4 variants: A plain model and a Select with 1.2 iVTEC, and a plain model and a Select with 1.5 iVTEC.

That should do till they bring in their diesel powertrains.
Old 11th July 2011, 12:29   #79
BHPian

Quote:
My guess - 4 variants: A plain model and a Select with 1.2 iVTEC, and a plain model and a Select with 1.5 iVTEC
I don't think Honda's gonna launch Jazz in 4 variants. The car sells like 300 per month. If they were really bothered, they should have done it long ago.
I always thought Honda was never bothered bout the Jazz cos the City was always doing well. Now that the case is not so, maybe its time they try to push the Jazz too.
A diesel Jazz sounds mouth watering!
Geo_Ipe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2011, 19:02   #80
Senior - BHPian

Guyz,
Jazz price has been reduced by 1.75L+ OTR.
Jazz Select is available for less than 7L OTR in Hyderabad.

I guess time to go shopping.

@Raven, your wait has really helped man. Just imagine what people like me will be feeling right now
adimicra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2011, 19:43   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Guyz,

@Raven, your wait has really helped man. Just imagine what people like me will be feeling right now
WoW.. That is wonderful news! Let me check with the dealer here.

Sundaram Honda never followed up, so I should check with the other dealer, Capital Honda!
spindoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2011, 20:07   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I don't think Honda's gonna launch Jazz in 4 variants. The car sells like 300 per month. If they were really bothered, they should have done it long ago.
I always thought Honda was never bothered bout the Jazz cos the City was always doing well. Now that the case is not so, maybe its time they try to push the Jazz too.
A diesel Jazz sounds mouth watering!
Maybe it's on the cards, now with this drastic price cut in the range of 1.7-2.0 L in different states! Who knows what Honda is thinking?!

Quote:
Guyz,

Oh Adi my friend! I feel really bad for you now!

The ASM called me at around 4 30 and conveyed the news that the 7.56L Select is available at 5.99L!!! You can only imagine my disbelief! My mouth was hanging open, as I slowly told him to repeat it TWICE!

6.7 OTR sounds like a dream!! Someone pinch me...HARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
WoW.. That is wonderful news! Let me check with the dealer here.

Sundaram Honda never followed up, so I should check with the other dealer, Capital Honda!
Do it, spindoc. I await the quotation from Shubh Honda's ASM right now.

I can only hope they don't discontinue the model. But with the Brio looming on the horizon, I have a faint feeling they might discontinue it.

The Jazz has never been a bestseller for Honda, in comparison to the City or even the Civic.

If they are bringing in the Brio with the same 1.2 iVTEC engine at a price range of the Swift 2011, I am afraid Jazz would see it's end. It has always been a lagging dark horse for Honda. Sad news, but it might turn out to be true.

Now it's decision time for me!
Old 12th July 2011, 00:51   #83
Senior - BHPian

Hey Raven,
I will be lieing if I say that I am not feeling bad. But, it is okay.

I am very happy for you man - finally an end to your sleepless nights and a decision you can take where your head and heart will agree.

The Jazz will not be discontinued..go ahead and buy it.

Best of luck!
Old 12th July 2011, 06:46   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra
Hey Raven,

I am very happy for you man - finally an end to your sleepless nights and a decision you can take where your head and heart will agree.

Best of luck!
Maan, I feel like doing some damage worth that price difference!
Now there will be Jazzes all over the road, I feel cheated and have lost out on snob value too.
I don't know if Honda really cares about us existing owners; I hope they make it up well enough
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 08:39   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Raven,

Best of luck!
I can feel you, Adi. 500 other Jazz buyers who bought it in June must be cursing Honda all the way to hell!

Oh yes! And the biggest sleepless night was last night!

Thanks, friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Maan, I feel like doing some damage worth that price difference!
Now there will be Jazzes all over the road, I feel cheated and have lost out on snob value too.
I don't know if Honda really cares about us existing owners; I hope they make it up well enough
I am planning to leave tomorrow. I shall enquire if Honda is going to give something to the existing owners in the form of at least 1 year's worth of free paid-servicings or fuel coupons or something.

They should, otherwise it would be like cheating Honda lovers and loyalists of their hard-earned money and trust!
Old 12th July 2011, 10:36   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I can feel you, Adi.
That doesnt quite sound right!
Sorry but I couldnt help point it out

Quote:
I am planning to leave tomorrow. I shall enquire if Honda is going to give something to the existing owners in the form of at least 1 year's worth of free paid-servicings or fuel coupons or something.

They should, otherwise it would be like cheating Honda lovers and loyalists of their hard-earned money and trust!
Thanks mate, please do ask! I called Honda this morning; I must have been the first caller. The OTR price stated to me was the same as before, but I asked further about all the news floating around. Once I stated these facts, she said that the showroom bigwigs are in a meeting to discuss the communication they have received from Honda on this topic; maybe they just woke up late. I am not sure why, but it seems Honda has not handled this well at all. Or perhaps the info was leaked to the media before Honda dealers could get their act together.

Edit: I checked their website too; the ex showroom prices remain the same, but there is a small pic at the right indicating insurance at Re. 1 and cash benefits of Rs 55K

Last edited by selfdrive : 12th July 2011 at 10:39.
Old 12th July 2011, 10:52   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I am sure he missed the for

Quote:

Thanks mate, please do ask! I called Honda this morning; I must have been the first caller. The OTR price stated to me was the same as before, but I asked further about all the news floating around. Once I stated these facts, she said that the showroom bigwigs are in a meeting to discuss the communication they have received from Honda on this topic; maybe they just woke up late. I am not sure why, but it seems Honda has not handled this well at all. Or perhaps the info was leaked to the media before Honda dealers could get their act together.

Edit: I checked their website too; the ex showroom prices remain the same, but there is a small pic at the right indicating insurance at Re. 1 and cash benefits of Rs 55K
I am not sure what is going on.
I hope there is some official communication from Honda by today.
Old 12th July 2011, 11:10   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A confirmation can be expected from the dealers by later today.
The webite has not been updated with these prices.

Perhaps this is only to clear out the existing stock and is being forced upon the dealers. Not entirely sure
Old 12th July 2011, 11:10   #89
Senior - BHPian

@RavenAvi: Congratz on the Jazz - do get the car home asap. So, which variant, what color?

Thank God the price cut came after I brought my Punto - otherwise it would have been more tough for me to say no to Jazz
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 12:23   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
I am sure he missed the for
LOL!

Indeed, I forgot the "for" in that post. By the time I rechecked and realised the mistake, the time for Editing was up.

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
A confirmation can be expected from the dealers by later today.
The webite has not been updated with these prices.

Perhaps this is only to clear out the existing stock and is being forced upon the dealers. Not entirely sure
The cash discount is pretty much confirmed news. Honda can't take back anything now.

But the ASM at Shubh Honda told me clearly that this price is for the existing stock with them only. He said they had 4 Jazzes with them right now - 2 Base and 2 Select (in White, Silver and Red colors), and this new price-cut rates will be applicable to these 4 only.

They are expecting a lot of 20 Jazzes by this weekend or early next week, which will have different pricing.

How much difference he didn't know, but he predicted it could be 20K-25K costlier than the present price-cut rates. So that would roughly translate to 6.24L ex-showroom for the Select model, which would take it to around 6.95L OTR.

Any difference in features? Well, we just have to wait and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
@RavenAvi: Congratz on the Jazz - do get the car home asap. So, which variant, what color?

Thank God the price cut came after I brought my Punto - otherwise it would have been more tough for me to say no to Jazz
I am still holding on to my horses, theexperthand. They are very tempted with the sweet price-cuts Honda has dangled in front of them, but I am keeping them under tight reins for now.

Waiting and watching. Something tells me there's another twist in this Honda tale which will unfold itself in the coming weeks.

Most Viewed