Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2011, 14:14   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Would you recommend a Verito over a Punto or Polo? My research for THE car contin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Waiting and watching. Something tells me there's another twist in this Honda tale which will unfold itself in the coming weeks.
You sure have got patience

Hope the fruit of the wait is much more sweeter - may be a 1.5 Jazz with a reduced price tag than the older 1.2 price tag?
theexperthand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 14:19   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Would you recommend a Verito over a Punto or Polo? My research for THE car contin

So you wanted to know if buying a Verito over a Polo or Punto was a good option and now you've chosen a Honda Jazz?

Hmm...that figures. After all this is Team BHP!

The Jazz is a lovely car- so much more character than its City sibling. Go for it!
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 14:52   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
You sure have got patience

Hope the fruit of the wait is much more sweeter - may be a 1.5 Jazz with a reduced price tag than the older 1.2 price tag?
Maybe. I don't think they will launch the 1.5 so soon.

The coming facelift might have the same engine but a few novel cosmetic changes (this theory explains why they discontinued the Jazz X). I think USB and gunmetal alloys will be standard for the Select variant, and it might be priced at around 6.25L.

As for the 1.5, I think they will wait till Brio is launched, then bundle it together with the facelifted City, which is overdue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
So you wanted to know if buying a Verito over a Polo or Punto was a good option and now you've chosen a Honda Jazz?

Hmm...that figures. After all this is Team BHP!

The Jazz is a lovely car- so much more character than its City sibling. Go for it!
LOL!

I am completely innocent. I blame Team-BHP for spoiling me!

And thanks. I am definitely 90% inclined towards it at the moment. 10% more and I should be floored!
Old 12th July 2011, 17:24   #94
BHPian

Enquired at Capital Honda, Chennai. They only have 3 cars in stock now and apparently had close to 20 yesterday. That cannot be verified though.

The deal is the same as communicated by @adimicra and @RavenAvi - a discount of 1.75L flat. However, they only have the Base variant, in White / Silver. He said he would try to add Alloys and parcel tray and work out a price close to that of the Select edition.

The SP also stated Honda will launch a version with only minor modifications and changes in a month and that pricing is unknown. I guess it might be a good idea to wait, if it can be confirmed that the price increase will be marginal.
spindoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 18:12   #95
Senior - BHPian

Raven/Spindoc,
Have you guys decided to wait?
I guess the facelift with same features won't be available at such a huge discount. May be in the range of 1-1.2 Lacs, not 1.75 lacs.
If you get a new model (few months old), it might be good idea to get it right away.

And I am pretty sure the 1.5 Jazz will not be launched anytime soon..so no point in waiting for it

Last edited by adimicra : 12th July 2011 at 18:13.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 18:12   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
Enquired at Capital Honda, Chennai. They only have 3 cars in stock now and apparently had close to 20 yesterday. That cannot be verified though.

The deal is the same as communicated by @adimicra and @RavenAvi - a discount of 1.75L flat. However, they only have the Base variant, in White / Silver. He said he would try to add Alloys and parcel tray and work out a price close to that of the Select edition.

The SP also stated Honda will launch a version with only minor modifications and changes in a month and that pricing is unknown. I guess it might be a good idea to wait, if it can be confirmed that the price increase will be marginal.
I don't believe they had 20 and sold off 17 since yesterday. Just a gimmicky lie.

As per my information, the new versions will have a price difference of 20K-25K from these existing "cash discount" prices of the stocked Jazzes, which translates to around 6.2-6.25L for the Base, and 6.4-6.5L for the Select.

Spindoc, unless you need a car really bad right now, I suggest waiting. I am guessing even the minor modifications and changes in features will be significant, plus the facelifted Jazz will have a life of at least 2-2.5 years before it undergoes the next facelift. Not to mention, it will be a considerably newer Jazz too.

Waiting is the best option at the moment, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Raven/Spindoc,
Have you guys decided to wait?
I guess the facelift with same features won't be available at such a huge discount. May be in the range of 1-1.2 Lacs, not 1.75 lacs.
If you get a new model (few months old), it might be good idea to get it right away.
I have decided to wait, Adi.

I don't think they will launch the facelift at the same older prices after this drastic "cash discount". I can still stretch it to 7.5L for the Select, if it has to come to that. Although I have solid information that the new prices will be marginally over today's "cash discount" revised prices.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 12th July 2011 at 18:16.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 20:43   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
And I am pretty sure the 1.5 Jazz will not be launched anytime soon..so no point in waiting for it
I think it will come, but just not now. That would be like stealing the buzz from Brio's impending launch, and I am pretty sure Honda wouldn't want to do that.

We might expect it around December-end or early 2012, together with the City/Civic facelifts.

Some more interesting knowledge to share -

I had asked a friend of mine (who works in the same company as me) to check out the 4 (supposedly remaining) Jazzes at the dealer in the evening. He came back and called me, and this is what he revealed -

- A Feb 2011-make Tafeta White Jazz Select was sold in the morning itself to a customer in Bilaspur, a city 2 hrs from Raipur. The customer paid in full through internet banking. It was supposedly the only one with Michelin tyres.

- Two Dec 2010-make Silver & Red Jazzes (one Base, one Select) were sold by the time the clock struck 7 PM, when my friend was present there. Both deals done with Raipur customers.

- One Nov 2010-make White Jazz (Base) remains with the dealer. Bridgestone tyres. Dealer is ready to discount the comprehensive insurance for this last one.

They called me right after my friend had hung up, and I told them not to wait for me if they find a customer for that last one. They tried to press me to book it, but I had none of it and quite firmly replied that I am willing to wait for the new lot to arrive.

Hindsight - Its better that I didn't rush into things when the news broke yesterday afternoon. Hastiness might have resulted in a bad decision. The Feb 2011 Select could have been a good deal, but family is not in favor of White after they have seen jazzman's Rallye Red Jazz X photos.

Let's see what happens in the coming weeks. I hope I didn't make a mistake by passing on this chance.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 12th July 2011 at 20:45.
Old 12th July 2011, 21:56   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think it will come, but just not now. That would be like stealing the buzz from Brio's impending launch, and I am pretty sure Honda wouldn't want to do that.

We might expect it around December-end or early 2012, together with the City/Civic facelifts.

Some more interesting knowledge to share -

I had asked a friend of mine (who works in the same company as me) to check out the 4 (supposedly remaining) Jazzes at the dealer in the evening. He came back and called me, and this is what he revealed -

- A Feb 2011-make Tafeta White Jazz Select was sold in the morning itself to a customer in Bilaspur, a city 2 hrs from Raipur. The customer paid in full through internet banking. It was supposedly the only one with Michelin tyres.

- Two Dec 2010-make Silver & Red Jazzes (one Base, one Select) were sold by the time the clock struck 7 PM, when my friend was present there. Both deals done with Raipur customers.

- One Nov 2010-make White Jazz (Base) remains with the dealer. Bridgestone tyres. Dealer is ready to discount the comprehensive insurance for this last one.

They called me right after my friend had hung up, and I told them not to wait for me if they find a customer for that last one. They tried to press me to book it, but I had none of it and quite firmly replied that I am willing to wait for the new lot to arrive.

Hindsight - Its better that I didn't rush into things when the news broke yesterday afternoon. Hastiness might have resulted in a bad decision. The Feb 2011 Select could have been a good deal, but family is not in favor of White after they have seen jazzman's Rallye Red Jazz X photos.

Let's see what happens in the coming weeks. I hope I didn't make a mistake by passing on this chance.
Thanks for the info.
You have taken the right decision - right now, its all chaos and taking a decision in haste might not be the right thing.
Since your budget is up to 7.5L, I am sure that the facelift-ed Jazz will be within that. And you never know, Honda might throw in the ACC and folding mirrors in the top-end variant.
adimicra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 10:09   #99
Senior - BHPian

Guyz

Looks like the price cut news is still not official. I checked the Honda website for the Jazz's prices and they are still showing old prices. Is it really gonna happen or not? And, is the news of the facelifted Jazz confirmed? What is the source of it?
Old 13th July 2011, 11:06   #100
BHPian

Quote:
I don't believe they had 20 and sold off 17 since yesterday. Just a gimmicky lie.

As per my information, the new versions will have a price difference of 20K-25K from these existing "cash discount" prices of the stocked Jazzes, which translates to around 6.2-6.25L for the Base, and 6.4-6.5L for the Select.

Spindoc, unless you need a car really bad right now, I suggest waiting. I am guessing even the minor modifications and changes in features will be significant, plus the facelifted Jazz will have a life of at least 2-2.5 years before it undergoes the next facelift. Not to mention, it will be a considerably newer Jazz too.

Waiting is the best option at the moment, IMO.

I have decided to wait, Adi.

I don't think they will launch the facelift at the same older prices after this drastic "cash discount". I can still stretch it to 7.5L for the Select, if it has to come to that. Although I have solid information that the new prices will be marginally over today's "cash discount" revised prices.

Although I have decided to wait too (as I am not in a tearing hurry), I am not quite sure Honda would launch a facelifted model with a longer list of features (e.g. ACC, USB, seat height adjustment in Select) at 1L lesser than current prices.

Even if they were to price it a lot lower, the dealers may not immediately offer benefits similar to what they were offering over the last few months. They would wait to see market acceptance before deciding on freebies and discounts.

So, that is a gamble one must be willing to take.
Old 13th July 2011, 12:15   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info.
You have taken the right decision - right now, its all chaos and taking a decision in haste might not be the right thing.
Since your budget is up to 7.5L, I am sure that the facelift-ed Jazz will be within that. And you never know, Honda might throw in the ACC and folding mirrors in the top-end variant.
Thanks, Adi. I was debating with myself if it was the right decision, but now I feel at ease.

The new Fluidic Verna has done that with ACC - offered it with the topmost variant. I am sure Jazz will go the same route. It will be manual for the lower ones.

Folding ORVMs with turn indicators might be default for all facelifted variants, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Guyz

Looks like the price cut news is still not official. I checked the Honda website for the Jazz's prices and they are still showing old prices. Is it really gonna happen or not? And, is the news of the facelifted Jazz confirmed? What is the source of it?
It won't be officially announced, Ajay. This is a Cash Discount offer given by the dealers (as instructed by Honda) to clear existing stocks of the Jazz in their showrooms and stockyards only. It is not applicable to any new Jazzes which are in production right now.

The facelift is rumored to hit the showrooms within the next few weeks, possibly the first week of August. (although I am skeptical about that)

Quote:
Although I have decided to wait too (as I am not in a tearing hurry), I am not quite sure Honda would launch a facelifted model with a longer list of features (e.g. ACC, USB, seat height adjustment in Select) at 1L lesser than current prices.

Even if they were to price it a lot lower, the dealers may not immediately offer benefits similar to what they were offering over the last few months. They would wait to see market acceptance before deciding on freebies and discounts.

So, that is a gamble one must be willing to take.
I think the facelift will come with 3 variants again, IMO -

a Base variant with steel wheels, dual airbags (or maybe driver airbag only), ABS, etc., (priced at around 6.2L)

a Select variant with alloy wheels, USB option, etc., (priced at 6.7L)

and possibly a "X" with all the bells and whistles: ACC, sporty alloys (gunmetal), foglamps/rear spoiler, etc. the works. (priced at 7.4L)

Optional stuff - gunmetal alloys, side-step garnishes, steel pedals, sunroof, foglamps, rear spoiler, etc.

I am pretty sure they will offer kits with all these stuff again.

Why prices will be low? The ASM clearly said that after the tsunami hit Japan, Honda has started sourcing components and parts from Indian manufacturers. They are also going to export Hondas to other countries from India. That's why it cut the prices of the City, and now the facelifted Jazz will be cheaper than the existing Jazz.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 13th July 2011 at 12:17.
Old 13th July 2011, 13:29   #102
BHPian

Quote:
I think the facelift will come with 3 variants again, IMO -

a Base variant with steel wheels, dual airbags (or maybe driver airbag only), ABS, etc., (priced at around 6.2L)

a Select variant with alloy wheels, USB option, etc., (priced at 6.7L)

and possibly a "X" with all the bells and whistles: ACC, sporty alloys (gunmetal), foglamps/rear spoiler, etc. the works. (priced at 7.4L)

Optional stuff - gunmetal alloys, side-step garnishes, steel pedals, sunroof, foglamps, rear spoiler, etc.

I am pretty sure they will offer kits with all these stuff again.

Why prices will be low? The ASM clearly said that after the tsunami hit Japan, Honda has started sourcing components and parts from Indian manufacturers. They are also going to export Hondas to other countries from India. That's why it cut the prices of the City, and now the facelifted Jazz will be cheaper than the existing Jazz.
Well, that's something that has been on my mind too. Parts quality might take a hit with the facelift. While Made-in-India components can be of the same quality, the Jazz was particularly known to use some components that were extremely long lasting. I fear that may not be the case with the facelifted Jazz.

They may also choose to recoup some money via service / replacement charges, in which case it does not make sense to use very high quality, hard-wearing parts!
Old 13th July 2011, 14:35   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Well, that's something that has been on my mind too. Parts quality might take a hit with the facelift. While Made-in-India components can be of the same quality, the Jazz was particularly known to use some components that were extremely long lasting. I fear that may not be the case with the facelifted Jazz.

They may also choose to recoup some money via service / replacement charges, in which case it does not make sense to use very high quality, hard-wearing parts!
Honda will surely not compromise with the quality of their product. That's what Honda has always been known for!

I am sure they must have zeroed in on good quality Indian parts in order to continue production after the tsunami. Agreed that they might not be as good as the original Japanese ones, but they should be durable and long-lasting. Most of them power our other Indian car companies too, and last pretty well.

As regards service charges, Honda has always been pretty consistent in their service histories of all cars. They wouldn't want to get undue notoriety in that regard, because that is one of the biggest factors of their monthly sales.
Old 25th July 2011, 11:55   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info.
Features like the ACC and the folding ORVMs, alongwith a few others, might be the highlight of the new Jazz facelift.

Honda will wait till the Swift launch to see how Maruti prices the Swift, then launch the Jazz with an equally competitive price. That means the last week of August, if all goes well.

Quote:

The current localisation level of the Jazz was 78%. Now that they have increased it to almost 90% levels (as announced recently), I am beginning to wonder about it too, spindoc.

It's not a cause of worry, because Honda is synonymous with reliability. If they have chosen localised components for the facelift, they should be tough and durable themselves. If they have restricted the 12% increase in local parts to non-critical components, all is well.

I was contemplating since yesterday, if the decision to wait for the facelift is a good one. No doubt Honda will throw in more features and improve the looks of the facelift, and it will come at an affordable price. Also the 12% difference in localisation is not much, if one wants to stretch that point. But 90% localisation for a Honda product makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Anyway, what's done is done. All we can do now is wait and see what Honda brings out in the new Jazz.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 25th July 2011 at 11:56.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks