Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2011, 19:30   #61
BHPian

Re: Would you recommend a Verito over a Punto or Polo? My research for THE car contin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Punto scores in the features list too - definitely a longer set of features offered than the Jazz, and PLENTY in comparison to the Polo, which I feel is glaringly lacking in features.

It's a no-brainer if it's petrol - Jazz fits most of the bills. If diesel - it will be a toss-up between the Punto and the Polo.
IMO, on the diesel front, it has to be the Punto. The engine / suspension / steering setup easily make up for the poorer interior / plastics quality. The Polo begs for a better engine, even if you overlook the missing features. The Punto seemed to be roomier than the Polo too, although the Polo's boot is more usable.

The Jazz vs Polo debate finally comes down to the engines - 1.2 (at ~ 35K more OTR) vs 1.6. The Jazz is superior on most other counts - overall quality, space, visibility and refinement. On the features front, the Jazz has Aux-In (and a USB adapter available as an accessory), steering mounted controls, driver-side rear PW switches and magic seats while the Polo has front / rear fog lamps, steering reach / seat height adjustment and remote boot release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
It is difficult to get a test drive for Polo 1.6 but you can try the Vento petrol to get a feel.
Incidentally, the SP from the Volkswagen dealership has called me multiple times to schedule a TD of the 1.6! I am yet to find the time for it, though.

Last edited by spindoc : 28th June 2011 at 19:32.
spindoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2011, 23:05   #62
Senior - BHPian

Re: Would you recommend a Verito over a Punto or Polo? My research for THE car contin

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
IMO, on the diesel front, it has to be the Punto. The engine / suspension / steering setup easily make up for the poorer interior / plastics quality. The Polo begs for a better engine, even if you overlook the missing features. The Punto seemed to be roomier than the Polo too, although the Polo's boot is more usable.

The Jazz vs Polo debate finally comes down to the engines - 1.2 (at ~ 35K more OTR) vs 1.6. The Jazz is superior on most other counts - overall quality, space, visibility and refinement. On the features front, the Jazz has Aux-In (and a USB adapter available as an accessory), steering mounted controls, driver-side rear PW switches and magic seats while the Polo has front / rear fog lamps, steering reach / seat height adjustment and remote boot release.
Spindoc, your assessment is more or less correct.
The Polo diesel engine is really very bad, in fact worst-in-class.
I too agree that Punto it has to be if its a diesel.

About the Jazz/Polo 1.6 comparison, you can refer my ownership thread,
Just to sum it up,
the difference in BHP between Jazz and Polo 1.2 is same as that between Polo1.6 and Jazz. Polo 1.6 will be faster than jazz, but not significantly. Whether you need that extra power, you only have to decide.

You are right about the features except one thing - Jazz too has the remote boot release ( ANHC does not have it).

Few more which Jazz has but Polo does not have are -
Height adjustable seatbelts
Seatbelt pretensioners
Speed sensitive volume
Vanity mirrors- driver and passenger.

Plus do consider that Jazz comes with standard 4 year warranty + 4 years roadside assistance. (Don't know if Honda changed that policy now).
You should take that into account when comparing the prices (the same might cost you 10-15K for Polo)

Good that you are getting a TD of the Polo 1.6, I was not so lucky when I was searching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Agree that there are some shortcomings, but which cars do not have them? It is more like choosing the car which suits your preferences to the T. I immensely like Jazz - in fact, like it more than Honda City, and if there was a diesel version, the car could have made a strong contender when I was in market for a diesel hatch.

When it comes to diesel, I do not think there is any other hatch which can offer the unparalleled ride and handling offered by Punto, and the interiors may not be a match for Jazz, but certainly is much better than the likes of Etios.
Sorry, no offence - I agree that there are few rough edges but I certainly do not think the interiors are that bad that you will not consider sitting inside a Punto once you TD the Jazz\Polo.
Sorry if I hurt you. It is my own personal opinion. I did not get the premium feeling when I sat in the Punto.
Punto is an excellent car which could have been the segment benchmark if FIAT has paid little attention to detail and quality control,
When I was looking for a new car, I had my heart set on the Punto and I TD'ed the Punto at least 4 times (1.4 petrol and 1.3 MJD).
The pluses are - excellent looks,ride and handling, feature set.
The minues are - poor interior quality, niggling issues, rubbery gear shift, cramped foot well, huge turning radius, ergonomics,booming sound at 3 digit speeds and FIAT A.S.S. The heavy steering which gives excellent feedback but becomes a pain in city coupled with the huge turning radius (5.4 m, same as ANHC and Vento).
These are my opinion and you might not agree. Just giving the reasons why I did not go for Punto. No hard feelings please.
All said and done, of I would have gone for a diesel hatchback, I would have still gone for the Punto in spite of all the shortcomings.
See, I just recommended the Punto to @spindoc if he goes for a diesel.
In fact, if you see my previous posts in various other threads in the 'What car' section, I have recommended the Punto to many people looking for a diesel hatchback.

I love my Jazz very much but it too has some shortcomings which I have highlighted before.

Finally, as I said, when the choices are so closely matched, you should go with your heart.

Last edited by adimicra : 28th June 2011 at 23:29.
adimicra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2011, 16:55   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry if I hurt you. It is my own personal opinion. I did not get the premium feeling when I sat in the Punto.
Punto is an excellent car which could have been the segment benchmark if FIAT has paid little attention to detail and quality control,
When I was looking for a new car, I had my heart set on the Punto and I TD'ed the Punto at least 4 times (1.4 petrol and 1.3 MJD).
The pluses are - excellent looks,ride and handling, feature set.
The minues are - poor interior quality, niggling issues, rubbery gear shift, cramped foot well, huge turning radius, ergonomics,booming sound at 3 digit speeds and FIAT A.S.S. The heavy steering which gives excellent feedback but becomes a pain in city coupled with the huge turning radius (5.4 m, same as ANHC and Vento).
These are my opinion and you might not agree. Just giving the reasons why I did not go for Punto. No hard feelings please.
All said and done, of I would have gone for a diesel hatchback, I would have still gone for the Punto in spite of all the shortcomings.
See, I just recommended the Punto to @spindoc if he goes for a diesel.
In fact, if you see my previous posts in various other threads in the 'What car' section, I have recommended the Punto to many people looking for a diesel hatchback.

I love my Jazz very much but it too has some shortcomings which I have highlighted before.

Finally, as I said, when the choices are so closely matched, you should go with your heart.
No hard feelings at all. I agree more or less to many points you have outlined, and if I was looking for a petrol, at the end, my choice would have been between Jazz and Punto (and it would have been a very tough choice). Jazz is one car I love to own, and I too recommend it to many of my friends who are looking for a premium petrol hatch back. Wish they come with a diesel engine.

you said it right - Fiat could have made Punto a segment leader if they paid a little more attention, but they ruined an excellent opportunity. Agree that Punto

+1000 to what you have said last - when choices are so close, let the heart rule.
theexperthand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2011, 16:00   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Man, you are spot on with your analysis.
Just some confusion - are you considering the Polo diesel or 1.6?
I would not recommend the Polo diesel for sure.

It is difficult to get a test drive for Polo 1.6 but you can try the Vento petrol to get a feel.

I would not recommend the Punto, there are too many shortcomings. After sitting in the Jazz/Polo, I don't think you will like to sit in the Punto. Just my 2 cents. Best of luck!
I have thought long and hard over the petrol-diesel situation, and finally decided that for now it will have to be petrol. I don't see the number of kms increasing in the near future, plus I can afford to maintain one till the rates touch Rs. 100/ltr.

It's decided. I am striking off the diesels from my list for now.

Plus, I will be eligible for a new car in about 6-7 years' time. So, depending on the situation then, it would be feasible to go for a diesel/hybrid, if I decide to sell off my present car then.

So yes, if I choose then it will be the Polo 1.6, the more complete and proper Polo, instead of the diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Agree that there are some shortcomings, but which cars do not have them? It is more like choosing the car which suits your preferences to the T. I immensely like Jazz - in fact, like it more than Honda City, and if there was a diesel version, the car could have made a strong contender when I was in market for a diesel hatch.

When it comes to diesel, I do not think there is any other hatch which can offer the unparalleled ride and handling offered by Punto, and the interiors may not be a match for Jazz, but certainly is much better than the likes of Etios.
Sorry, no offence - I agree that there are few rough edges but I certainly do not think the interiors are that bad that you will not consider sitting inside a Punto once you TD the Jazz\Polo.
I am leaving tomorrow for the capital for the TDs of both Puntos. Most likely, I will drop into the VW showroom and the Honda showroom as well.

The Honda guys have called me 3-4 times, asking if I would want the TD. (desperate times for the Jazz I guess!)

VW hasn't bothered to call back yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocop View Post
I saw your dislike for Swift, hence thought RITZ would be the best choice given your constraints/criterion. Owning and Maintaining a diesel would be expensive and sheer waste of resources for the kind of running indicated. Suggest you look at Petrol only. Good luck!
Suggestion approved!

Seriously, thanks Autocop. Your post made me sit down and think long and hard over the petrol-diesel debate I was having, and so I finally decided that petrol is the way to go for now.

I just don't like the looks of the Swift or the Ritz for some reason. Maybe they are too boxy or something, I don't know. The looks give off a love-me-or-hate-me sort of vibe, like the Beat. In my case, it is the latter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post

Incidentally, the SP from the Volkswagen dealership has called me multiple times to schedule a TD of the 1.6! I am yet to find the time for it, though.
Not to mention the bigger picture - a Honda versus a VW! What does one pick?!

My conclusions - getting a new car and then changing it's footwear (tyres) for more comfortable ones (like Michelin or Bridgestone), or getting alloys fixed for a non-alloy model, other features such as reverse parking sensors, spoiler, seat covers, etc. - and the cost of a Punto or Polo easily stretches into Jazz territory.

Whereas, the Jazz already comes with alloys (Select and X versions), Michelin footwear (if insisted upon, like adimicra said), leather seat covers, and the dealer can be pressed/haggled into throwing at least the spoiler in, if not, the spoiler together with the fogs (if one is lucky!). It's pretty much a close battle between the 3.

I have one more experience to share, although it is a rather bad one. My friends know about my hunt for a new car and my requirements, and some of them adamantly insisted that I go check out the new Hyundai Verna Fluidic. Now, I have never been impressed by Hyundai cars although I found them very refined and easy to drive. My initial post had counted out all Hyundai and Tata cars, if you recall. So, finally, I relented.

Taking a friend in tow, I visited the Hyundai showroom yesterday afternoon. Even after entering the place, nobody came forward to ask us about our visit. 2 SPs,a guy and a lady, were busy talking with an older customer on the right, and 2 other SPs were busy chatting with each other. We looked around to see if a ANHV was in sight so we could check it out ourselves, but none were in sight. We both sat in front of the table, and the SP guy who was with the lady came to us after about 10 minutes had passed.

I told him we were interested in the ANHV, and he immediately put on a really busy tone, saying that there were an overwhelming number of bookings and they had sold even the TD car. If we wanted the diesel, we have to wait for 7-8 months! If it was petrol, he could arrange it in 10-12 days, depending on the model. He also said it was impossible to get a car for TD for the next 15-odd days (!). I casually asked for the 1.4 VTVT model (the least-loaded variant), and he promptly took out a paper from his pocket, a calculator, and said it would cost around 7.99L OTR. I asked about any company offers or discounts, and he immediately said that none were available, except for the assurance that he will get me the car in 2 weeks flat.

Then I enquired about the handling of the car, since I have heard that the ANHV floats beyond 120 kph and there is absolutely no feedback from the uber-light steering, much like the i20. He immediately went on the defensive and started on me, saying "aam public aesa sochti hai...etc" repeatedly. I told him calmly that I was speaking from experience, as I have TDed almost all of the hatches available with different companies till now. Plus I am a Team-BHP member and know a little bit about cars. I also told him that there were much better cars with steering feedback and road-handling manners in the market, and if ANHV stood up to the competition, specially with the ANHC. He ranted about how no car in the market had a perfect steering or suspension, and all cars had some negative points or the other. I told him that if a customer hears that the car he is paying 8L for is not perfect, why would he buy it? He wasn't ready to acknowledge, and went about his "high and mighty" discourse, referring to the ANHV as if it were a god amongst cars, despite it's (rather small list of) negatives, according to him.

("Ek baar andar baithoge to bahar nikalne ko man hi nahin karega aapka!" - His words)

I looked at my friend, then handed the SP my card, asking him to call me if a ANHV is available anytime soon for a TD. And we got up and walked out without waiting for his response.

Good cars or bad, such experiences really turn off the enthusiasm one feels for a new purchase. They need to change their attitude, seriously. If this is how they treat a potential 8L customer at the beginning, I wonder how they maintain the relationship with the customer every time he brings in his car for servicing. Pathetic...

Contrary to them, the Honda SPs are very polite, always ready to answer any query you throw at them, willing, co-operative and pleasant. Heck, even the Fiat guys were much better. Not to mention the huge, huge chasm of difference between Honda/Fiat and Hyundai.

The ANHV might be a stonker of a car, but the people at Hyundai might be the worst of the lot when it comes to treating customers. Or at least, the guys in my city are.

Anyway, I will put down my experience of Punto/Polo/Jazz when I return back from the capital in 2 days' time. Wish me luck, guys!

Last edited by RavenAvi : 1st July 2011 at 16:02.
Old 1st July 2011, 16:06   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

So yes, if I choose then it will be the Polo 1.6, the more complete and proper Polo, instead of the diesel.

Anyway, I will put down my experience of Punto/Polo/Jazz when I return back from the capital in 2 days' time. Wish me luck, guys!
All the best for the hunt. Waiting to see your feed back. After all the TDs are done, go with the one your heart wants - you will never regret it
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2011, 16:50   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have thought long and hard over the petrol-diesel situation, and finally decided that for now it will have to be petrol. I don't see the number of kms increasing in the near future, plus I can afford to maintain one till the rates touch Rs. 100/ltr.

Plus, I will be eligible for a new car in about 6-7 years' time. So, depending on the situation then, it would be feasible to go for a diesel/hybrid, if I decide to sell off my present car then.

I am leaving tomorrow for the capital for the TDs of both Puntos. Most likely, I will drop into the VW showroom and the Honda showroom as well.

Wish you best of luck!
I feel good when I see people spending so much time analyzing the various options available. After all, you do not buy a car every day, do you?

My guess is - it will be the Polo 1.6 or Jazz. (Punto petrol does not cut it for me compared to these two). And the final choice will boil down to the deal you get on the Jazz!

Both are very good cars and I am sure you will be happy with either of them. Will definitely look forward to your decision.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2011, 17:12   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

You sure are doing a lot of research on whom to give that cheque to

Well, all the petrols (Drivers cars) in this segment - i'm considering the Polo 1.6, Punto 1.4 & the Jazz - have got peaky engines with poor low end torque.

Since you are going to the Fiat showroom, TD the 1.4 as well, just for the feel of it (its significantly cheaper than the other 2 cars here). I somehow feel this engine has been overshadowed by the MJD's. It is a good performer (has to be revved) and i personally love the engine note.

On the other hand, since you have the budget for the Jazz and don't mind the petrol prices, it makes tremendous sense... but i don't think it will be as much fun as the Europeans
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2011, 18:17   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Back home after last weekend's trip to the capital to TD all cars in my final list. Not repeating the things I have already said about the cars, just the parameters by which I tried to compare them.

Started off with the Tata-Fiat dealer, Bhasin Motors -

Punto 1.3 75HP - Sluggish at low gears and rpms. Long clutch travel, needed downshifting plenty of times due to the horrible Capital traffic. Needed to be revved considerably to keep it moving. Fantastic suspension, the best in the business IMO. Conclusion - great for highways, not that great for stop-go traffic in crowded roads.

Punto 90HP - Almost eerily similar to the 75HP. Makes you scratch your head in confusion as to where did all the extra power, as promised on the badge, go? Only marginally better in pickup than the other sibling. Another worrying note - the TD car's right wheel nuts had started rusting! I asked the SP and he said it was because they had left the car outside in the rain many a time! Talk about irresponsible dealer behaviour!

(Didn't TD the 1.2 or the 1.4 Petrol variants because I hadn't shortlisted them)

The SPs explained in detail about Fiat's July offer, and I must say it is a very innovative and alluring initiative by Fiat to improve sales. Going by the numbers Linea and Punto are registering, this month should see some improvement in their monthly numbers, although the offer of getting a diesel car at the rate of a petrol car is largely dependent on your luck. Also, a year's worth of free fuel if you are lucky, again. Regardless of the above 2 offers, all customers this month get 3 months worth of free fuel, and that is noteworthy.

Next stop :- Varda Project Volkswagen.

Polo 1.6 - Whew, what a stonker! If there is any car in our country which gives you a real adrenaline rush, it has to be this one. Very proper and refined engine with minimal noise, it just purred to life as soon as I turned the key. One tap at the accelerator pedal and we were off the blocks in a hurry! Pulls effortlessly from any gear you throw at it, and also glides through the city without too many downshifts. A real driver's car, with ample scope for improvements. Backseat space lesser than the Punto. Alas, if only the price was a tad lower for all the features it is missing. Great car, fantastic looker but over-priced.

Looked at a Vento but the lowest variant comes to around 8.15L on-road which is beyond my budget. They have a good offer going for the Vento at 6.99% interest if you get it financed from VW, but in the end it would amount to a lot more than one would want to pay, plus I don't want to get any loan for my car's purchase. I'd rather wait till I can accumulate the entire sum and pay for the car outright, than get it financed.

Last stop - Shubh Honda.

Jazz - I purposefully kept the Jazz visit for the last, because I didn't want to be overawed by the car if I had TDed it first. As soon as I walked in, my eyes fell on a red Jazz X and it made me stop breathing for a second! Whoa, what a fantastic shade that is!

The showroom people were very courteous at first. The SP assigned to me was very knowledgeable and we were off in a white Jazz for the TD. The initial pickup was slightly sluggish, as if the baby was just waking up and warming to the task ahead. Once the rpm meter touched 1500, the car roared to life and was at 4K in a matter of seconds! That's the beauty of the iVTEC.

And this was the first car in which I had so much visibility on all sides. I felt so confident after 5 minutes that I stopped checking the ORVMs and the rest of my TD was done with glances at the rearview mirror only. The suspension was a bit hard initially, and made me wince once or twice, maybe because I didn't feel too confident about the low GC. Once the car sailed past 40 kph, the suspension smoothed out a lot more.

Btw, I noticed that the boot light was present. Contrary to many previous Jazz owners who have complained about the absence of this, I think Honda has started to fit one in all these later versions of the Jazz (maybe only 2011 models?). Space, space everywhere! I need not elaborate on that.

Just out of curiosity and because I had a little bit of time in hand, I asked for a TD of the Honda City. (okay, okay, I wanted to do it! ) I don't like the looks of this particular ANHC for some reason - the front grille is too full-in-your-face type. I preferred the more Civic-ness front of the older City. The space inside was almost similar to the Jazz, and the ride was smooth. The suspension was again on the stiffer side on lower speeds ala Jazz, and improved considerably once it went past 40 kph. Visibility was considerably lesser than the Jazz though.

Then came the talks with the SP and the manager regarding the price. I tried all sorts of hard-pressing, even telling them that the Fiat guys are offering me 7.32L for the Diesel Emotion Pack model plus throwing in plenty of accessories, and if they could beat that they will have me, even though Jazz is petrol. I must say these Honda people are the most stubborn guys I ever met. They stood by their initial offer which they had offered over the phone - 55K discount, Rs.1/- insurance, 10K corporate discount, standard accessories and the rear spoiler (which I had haggled for and had made them agree to). That's it. No fogs, despite my repeated persistence that I didn't want anything else, not even the parcel tray which they could keep in exchange for the fogs.

So now, all said and done, I sit down to ponder and decide.

First question - With the new Swift and Brio looming over the horizon, should I wait for a few more months? Or go for what I am getting now?

Second question - Heart is sold on the Jazz, now that I had a chance to check out all the cars in complete and exhaustive detail. But mind is saying to wait for a few more months, just in case Honda throws out a better offer in the days to come. Team-BHPians are of the opinion that the present offers on the Jazz now might be actually better than the post price-cut offers in the future, but will it really be?

A dilemma. Even as I wait to see if the Honda guys call me back in the days to come.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 8th July 2011 at 18:18.
Old 8th July 2011, 18:32   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
First question - With the new Swift and Brio looming over the horizon, should I wait for a few more months? Or go for what I am getting now?

Second question - Heart is sold on the Jazz, now that I had a chance to check out all the cars in complete and exhaustive detail. But mind is saying to wait for a few more months, just in case Honda throws out a better offer in the days to come. Team-BHPians are of the opinion that the present offers on the Jazz now might be actually better than the post price-cut offers in the future, but will it really be?

A dilemma. Even as I wait to see if the Honda guys call me back in the days to come.
I will try to tell you my buying experience if you can relate to it.
When I bought my preowned Jazz, the dealer refused to budge and I thought I was paying 25K more than I should. I almost pulled out of the deal, but for one thought when I left the car. What if I buy a Punto or a SX4, will I be happy in it if a Jazz passes by? In the end, I decided the 25K is worth it.
Translating that in your situation, what is the extra discount you expect and are you willing to pay that little bit extra. I guess that is the question all Jazz owners are forced to answer by Honda's ridiculous pricing strategy.
Unless you can find another Honda dealer in the same city with a lower price and then get them to compete. Unfortunate but this has been the Jazz story from day one.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2011, 19:01   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I will try to tell you my buying experience if you can relate to it.
When I bought my preowned Jazz, the dealer refused to budge and I thought I was paying 25K more than I should. I almost pulled out of the deal, but for one thought when I left the car. What if I buy a Punto or a SX4, will I be happy in it if a Jazz passes by? In the end, I decided the 25K is worth it.
Translating that in your situation, what is the extra discount you expect and are you willing to pay that little bit extra. I guess that is the question all Jazz owners are forced to answer by Honda's ridiculous pricing strategy.
Unless you can find another Honda dealer in the same city with a lower price and then get them to compete. Unfortunate but this has been the Jazz story from day one.
Completely agree, selfdrive. And I am willing to pay a bit extra if it was within reasonable limits.

But the final OTR price of 7.89L is a bit steep, IMO.

If it was anywhere near 7.4ish and I had to pay 20-25K more I would gladly do it, even though I am extending my initial budget of 6.5L by quite a margin already. I might manage a lakh more to my initial budget, but any more and I have to think in terms of loan/finance, which I don't want to.

Not to mention, adding 10K more to the OTR of Jazz Select and I can get a new Fluidic Verna 1.4 VTVT at 7.99L!
Old 8th July 2011, 22:17   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Completely agree, selfdrive. And I am willing to pay a bit extra if it was within reasonable limits.

But the final OTR price of 7.89L is a bit steep, IMO.

If it was anywhere near 7.4ish and I had to pay 20-25K more I would gladly do it, even though I am extending my initial budget of 6.5L by quite a margin already. I might manage a lakh more to my initial budget, but any more and I have to think in terms of loan/finance, which I don't want to.

Not to mention, adding 10K more to the OTR of Jazz Select and I can get a new Fluidic Verna 1.4 VTVT at 7.99L!
I have posted a doubt on the new car prices thread about your deal.
Finally, as @selfdrive said, I guess every Jazz owner goes through the same feeling...it is not an easy decision. Even my initial budget was 6.5L

Best of luck man! It is a decision you only have to make.
Old 8th July 2011, 23:37   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have posted a doubt on the new car prices thread about your deal.
Finally, as @selfdrive said, I guess every Jazz owner goes through the same feeling...it is not an easy decision. Even my initial budget was 6.5L

Best of luck man! It is a decision you only have to make.

Just saw it, and replied.

Sorry about the confusion - RT is 92K, not 52K. My mistake!
Old 8th July 2011, 23:54   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just saw it, and replied.

Sorry about the confusion - RT is 92K, not 52K. My mistake!
Ok, got it. the RT is a killer, more than Hyd'bad. I thought only Bangalore has higher RT than Hyd'bad.

So, you are actually getting 90-100K discount. Not sure if the dealer is going to budge any more.
Or else, you can ask the dealer to give the 30K insurance as a cash discount and you can go for separate insurance which will save you around 13K.

I would say just wait for a few days, cool your mind and think whether you are willing to spend the extra 20K odd for the Jazz. And you never know, the Honda dealer might call you if lucky!

Last edited by adimicra : 8th July 2011 at 23:56.
Old 9th July 2011, 00:17   #74
BHPian

Road tax in CG is 92k??

In KL I was quoted 44k or something!
7.89 lac OTR for Jazz Select is still high. Haggle harder mate I'm sure you'll get a sweeter deal. Especially since you're not opting for finance.

I was quoted 7.57 lac OTR in Kerala. When I told him I wouldn't be making my booking for such an offer he was like he'll "definitely look into the Insuarance and Road Tax and see what he can do"!!
This is even before I have TD'd the Jazz.

@ adi - Regarding the separate insurance, I spoke to my SP guy about it. He said if its outside insurance, airbags and electricals will not be included in the unfortunate event of a crash. No reason to disbelieve him.
The cost or replacing released airbags was quoted 60k - 100k! Thats no short change to take from your pocket!!

Last edited by Geo_Ipe : 9th July 2011 at 00:22.
Geo_Ipe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2011, 14:22   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

I have no idea about RT rates, actually.

Just went through the Punto quotation dated 30/05/11, and for 6.73L ex-showroom they have quoted around 70K as Registration Charges. (rate comes to about 10.4%?)

Going by that info, Jazz's registration charges should come to around 79K. That's a neat 13K difference!

Brokerage maybe? Or other margins?

I called up Shubh Honda a few minutes ago and asked them to send me a quotation through email, detailing everything in plain print so that my confusion is cleared up - RT rates, insurance, what kits are available and at what rates, what is their best offer, etc.

A point to note from my brief telephonic talk with the SP - Jazz X has been discontinued. Only the base and the Select models will be available from now on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks