Team-BHP > What Car?

View Poll Results: Which is a better car for Rs 5.5 to Rs 6.6 Lacs ( ex Showroom)
Toyota Etios 10 4.07%
Honda Jazz 236 95.93%
Voters: 246. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2011, 15:44   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz or Toyota Etios

I always liked the Jazz and with the price revision, it's a no brainer.

It's like a 'eat all you can' so-so restaurant's buffet vs chef's special in a gourmet restaurant. To each his own. Some might wanna fill their stomach while some might wanna taste something they can't forget.
kiku007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2011, 17:38   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
That settles it then. The Jazz it will be.
Congratulations rajneeesh! So in the Boot or No Boot contest, you went with No Boot. And look at the astounding public opinion .
It was really between a premium hatch, and entry sedan. So I guess the choice is spot on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrade View Post
Here is an Etios owner voting for Jazz. Call me a traitor if you want, but Toyota Etios has lot of quality issues which you won't notice in test drives.
Kudos to your honesty. Unbiased comments like this are something which makes this forum really rocking. Thanks!
Old 21st August 2011, 17:56   #48
Senior - BHPian

a) Passenger space - Etios
b) Good fuel efficiency - Jazz
c) Low maintenance costs - May be Etios
d) Comfort - Depends how you define it. But ride of Etios is slightly better than Jazz
e) Boot Space - Offcourse Etios
f) Prestige - Similar I guess
g) Resale - Etios
h) After Sales Service.- Etios

Etios is a very good allrounder. It has space, power, handling. And most importanly it is a sedan. But I would never touch a car like Etios which looks cheap from all angles. Calling the interior of Etios is just as bad as Alto is nothing but humiliation to Alto. Even the NVH is very bad inside the cabin. Hopeless insulation!
What I am trying to say is, if you are okay with the crappy interior design and quality for Etios look no further. Or else it is the much more premium Jazz.

No offense Etios owners.

Last edited by oxyzen : 21st August 2011 at 17:57.
oxyzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2011, 17:56   #49
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I believe that it's only the initial performance of the Toyota's engine that gives it the edge over the Jazz.
As much as I love high-revving, I have to admit : The average car spends 99% of its life below 3,000 rpm. Therefore, we cannot stress on that initial performance / driveability enough.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2011, 18:46   #50
BHPian

After the price drop by Honda, buying Jazz is a no brainer. I just wish they would have reduced the price last year when I was shopping for car. The price was the only thing which kept me away from Jazz and I got a i20.
Old 21st August 2011, 19:03   #51
BHPian

Ok Mods!! Lets close this poll n' thread. I cant see the Etios take more beating. But deservedly so.

Especially wid the new water seepage problems being reported from more than jus one or two users, Toyota has a pretty strong migraine now to take care of!
Old 21st August 2011, 20:09   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Ok Mods!! Lets close this poll n' thread.
Hey hold it! Let me have my pie too! First of all, congratulations to Rajneeesh. It's an eminently clear decision for his priorities. Etios would be in contention only if very large boot & cabin space, driveability and ground clearance were significant priorities. (One might want to confirm though that the facelifted Jazz retains magic split rear seats). While Toyota A.S.S. is considered to be superior, I do not think this would be a deal breaker, as Honda seems to have improved considerably under intense competitive pressure. Also, the increasing quality concern on Toyota Etios sure puts it in a negative light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
As much as I love high-revving, I have to admit : The average car spends 99% of its life below 3,000 rpm. Therefore, we cannot stress on that initial performance / driveability enough.
Spot on! One gotta drive enough with this phenomenal low-end torque and comfort, ergonomics, gear shift, clutch - just about everything in place, to know its true worth! This aspect of Etios performance - effortless enhilaration - is almost nirvana! But for the day, I have voted for Jazz!
Old 21st August 2011, 20:57   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here is an Etios owner voting for Jazz. Call me a traitor if you want, but Toyota Etios has lot of quality issues which you won't notice in test drives.
Wow! That's some honesty you displayed there, Upgrade! If only we had more and more people like you. Most carowners go to ridiculous lengths to defend their cars. They can learn a thing or two from you. Keep it up.
Old 21st August 2011, 21:57   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay0612 View Post
Hmm. Another thing to consider is the terrain where the vehicle will be usually be driven. My choice (Etios) was dictated by that (i.e. mostly I drive on Hilly terrain). For driving on relatively plain city roads/ highways, Honda jazz is perfect VFM. In fact it is the best right now.
Our friend akp recently did a second tour of 1400 kms through Himachal Pradesh with 5 passengers, out of which 800 kms were in the hills. He had no complaints, and had only good things to say after his return.

His update - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ge-6-a-10.html

btw, for those who are wondering exactly how much space the boot of the Jazz holds, here's a snap from akp's thread -

And the rear seat isn't even folded in the Magic Seats style!
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2011, 22:16   #55
Senior - BHPian

Jazz any day. Somehow, the vermilion red interiors and centre console turn me off, every time I see the Etios. And, Honda makes some very addictive petrol engines and cars!
Old 21st August 2011, 23:13   #56
Senior - BHPian

Just to make your decision even more simple
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...omplaints.html
Old 21st August 2011, 23:26   #57
Senior - BHPian

Voted for Jazz. After the price cut it looks more attractive now. I went to a Honda showroom today to check out the new Jazz. And I have to admit that I simply loved it and I felt the interiors to be better than CITY.

Actually, the poll should have been between,
Jazz
Polo 1.6
Fabia 1.6
i20 1.2
GP 1.4

Again, I would vote for the Jazz. Its going to be the clear winner in Premium petrol hatch segment.
Old 22nd August 2011, 09:33   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Voted for Jazz. After the price cut it looks more attractive now. I went to a Honda showroom today to check out the new Jazz. And I have to admit that I simply loved it and I felt the interiors to be better than CITY.

Actually, the poll should have been between,
Jazz
Polo 1.6
Fabia 1.6
i20 1.2
GP 1.4

Again, I would vote for the Jazz. Its going to be the clear winner in Premium petrol hatch segment.

Ramesh, I did not include the Polos and GP as they are short on space. Fuel efficiency is also an important criterion and that excludes the I.6 litre vehicles.

The I 20 could have been an option but the Honda 1.2 litre is the best small displacement engine available today. I have a simple rule of the thumb. Go for a Japanese petrol engine as these guys are the best in gasolene engine technology ( excluding high priced european margues).

The Europeans are generally better with Diesel mills.
rajneeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2011, 10:07   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Upgrade, tell me more about it. I am all ears.
Old 22nd August 2011, 10:50   #60
BHPian

Not sure if this has been discussed, but has someone taken a look into the "price-cut" jazz? Just wondering if there's any evidence of major cost-cutting.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed