Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2011, 12:09   #46
BHPian

Re: BMW 530d versus Audi A6

Hi Gurpartap,

Thanks... This one does not have the navigation. That is why they gave me a huge discount on the car. I'll try and post pictures next week.

Manvir
Old 2nd October 2011, 21:49   #47
BHPian

Re: Buying BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike89 View Post
Runflats by itsleft is not an issue but when you have no spare in ur trunk, it may cause problem. Bmw suggests that you throw the tire if it has a puncture in it but i have fixed the flat and never had any problem with it. I would not know the life of run flats but i would assume its more or less the same as the regular tubeless. And this is the only negative aspect of the 5er. The performance is more or less the same among these cars. Audi may be a tenth of a second faster to 100. But the bimmer makes up for it in handling and breaking.
Both the cars are so competitive it comes down to your personal preference and the aesthetics of the cars. Personally i have never liked the profile of a6. but i have to admit that they have up ed their game with this new a6. The rear is still dull and boring though. The 5er is a more conservative of the two.

Keeping the badges aside, i would go for the 5er simply because its much more fun to drive a rear wheel drive car.

I too strongly suggest you go to the dealerships and test drive em for yourself.
1) Take test drive
2) Do not worry about the new looks run flat. They are softer & have very short run flat life. I guess 80 Kms only. ie you can drive it with flat only for 80 Kms @ speed not exceeding 80 Kmph. Please check it with the BMW dealer.
3) You MUST buy a spare tyre. Which will cost you about 32 K. Unfortunately there is no proper space to keep that.
4) And yes you can repair the run flat and use it if you do not run the flat tyre. my friend has done that.
all the best.
Old 21st October 2011, 23:56   #48
BHPian

Thanks bikefreak,

Bought the car 2 months back. Run flats can be repaired just like any other tubeless tyre as long as the tyre has totally deflated and one runs the car (80 kms at 80 km/h) on this flat tyre. That is what BMW claims.

The ride quality is very good. No complaints there. The car is a lot more fun to drive than the Audi A6. And I test drove the A6 3.0 Quattro. To me the 5er is more appealing esthetically and has a lot more character than the A6. Moreover, I was really annoyed with the way sales people treated me at the Audi showroom. They came out a bit too rude. BMW on the other hand was a very different story. I loved the environment the minute I walked into the showroom.

Cheers
Manvir
Old 1st November 2011, 18:12   #49
BHPian

[quote=manvirr;2554093]Thanks bikefreak,

Congratulations.
&
All the best

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks