Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2011, 09:08   #61
BHPian

Re: Surplus cars for sale. Honda City V-AT for 8 Lacs?

The company is unknown and limited knowledge is available on the net. Plus why is the mileage 0, as every auto company test the car for atleast 2-5 kms.

I smell it suspicious, as they are providing no warranty and how can they not be registered for the last 5-6 months as even if you buy them directly from the company, then I guess they would not allow it to be unregistered. Plus if you would get it registered now, one would have to pay so much extra to the department.
Old 28th December 2011, 17:15   #62
BHPian

Hi All,

i just saw an video which tells that lots of Honda cars which were flood effected are scrapped by Honda and they are crushing them.

not sure if these are flood affected vehicles then how are they for sale.

Honda destroys flood-damaged cars - Yahoo!
Old 19th January 2012, 14:34   #63

Hey car watcher did you buy any of them ?
Old 30th January 2012, 21:00   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama View Post
Hey car watcher did you buy any of them ?
Sorry for replying late as watching this thread after so many days. If you quoted any of my previous posts, I'd got an email and would've replied earlier.
As I mentioned at so many places its my F-I-L who was looking to buy one and not me. He has participated in XUV draw and in case he didn't get to buy one, he will buy a 2012 City.
Did someone from T-BHP or persons known to them visited the yard and did someone actually bought one, requesting to share the experience.
Old 30th January 2012, 22:17   #65
Senior - BHPian

I wouldn't say stay away from the deal. It really suits as prices offered is much low than market price. If someone interested, one has to go there and inspect thoroughly. Of course test drive would not be possible because car is standing for many months. Also, whoever interested have to look for some more negotiations.

One thing is sure no bank would process loan on these cars as this is not purchased from dealer, if some bank process also interest rate would be tad high.

The main points for check would be:
  • Chasis inspection - However it is difficult to inspect in standing car.
  • Engine inspection
  • Body inspection for accidents
  • Leakage inspection inside the car
  • Manufacturing dates of some components (Battery, Alternator, Glass window etc.) to get the fair idea of original vs. replaced
  • Condition of tyres.
  • VIN number decoding (This can tell you clearly if it is manufactured in India or abroad)
  • etc.

People always be overcautious in many deals and many people want to stay away in such offers. What if such company's advertise is genuine.

If I have to buy these cars and have sufficient CASH then sure I would have looked at it seriously.

Last edited by anujmishra : 30th January 2012 at 22:18.
Old 30th January 2012, 22:52   #66
Senior - BHPian

I wouldn't buy cars at half the price let alone 8L. There is something real 'fishy' about the whole advt. Why is there no warranty? Would anyone fall for such ads? Oh, yes there are many who fall for "You won the British Lottery: 500,000 GBP" SMS emanating from Nigeria. I'd advise Mods to strike down threads such as these at inception itself. I see no point in continuing discussion.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2012, 23:32   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
I wouldn't buy cars at half the price let alone 8L. There is something real 'fishy' about the whole advt. Why is there no warranty? Would anyone fall for such ads? Oh, yes there are many who fall for "You won the British Lottery: 500,000 GBP" SMS emanating from Nigeria. I'd advise Mods to strike down threads such as these at inception itself. I see no point in continuing discussion.
I think we can't compare this with Nigerian fraud as this is not at all spread by sending emails and asking you to pay anything. Here they are giving contact nos., address, RTO support and most importantly, they have their office at Masjid Bunder in case one wishes to enquire before visiting JNPT or Vasai.
Infact, they are big exporters and just bought a lot of cars from manufacturers for a real good price. As regarding guarantee/warranty, they are doing it as their side business, and one can't expect them to provide after sales support for various manufacturer's cars where even the original manufacturers fail to provide it satisfactorily for their regular cars.
So my contention is that just simply someone is trying to do some business in most legal way why bash him for the sake of bashing. Can someone suggest how to sell these cars otherwise. I am pretty sure they are restricted by the manufacturers themselves as to they can't advertise loudly, can't sell in main city area, etc. as usually is the case with seconds showrooms.
If someone is not comfortable with the idea, please stay away, its as simple as that.
One important thing to be noted here is that anybody putting so much money into new venture must be smart enough to calculate beforehand that whether he will be able to sell such type of cars in our country or not and that says it all. We are not such a developed country that we will simply destroy the cars if they perform at 80%-90% of their actual capacity.
Now as regards us, we didn't go there afterwards and as mentioned earlier my F-I-L has taken part in a XUV 500 draw. One of our relative who went with us wanted to buy an i10 A/T but wasn't offered any more discount on the price quoted and has booked Eon from Hyundai dealer.

Last edited by carwatcher : 31st January 2012 at 23:35.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2012, 12:08   #68
BHPian

There is nothing like a free lunch.

Would never recommend anyone to buy a used car , for a song, without knowing the background !

No Go !!
Old 3rd March 2012, 15:46   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
As I mentioned at so many places its my F-I-L who was looking to buy one and not me. He has participated in XUV draw and in case he didn't get to buy one, he will buy a 2012 City.
Honda's Loss is Mahindra's gain. We are successful in XUV draw, delivery date promised is 22nd May. As regards me I've just bought a Fiat Linea T-Jet plus here in Goa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barua View Post
There is nothing like a free lunch.

Would never recommend anyone to buy a used car , for a song, without knowing the background !

No Go !!
No they are not used cars. ODO reading is less than 20 kms in majority of the cars.

Can anyone share his/her experience with the dealer.
Old 28th July 2012, 23:44   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
Honda's Loss is Mahindra's gain. We are successful in XUV draw, delivery date promised is 22nd May. As regards me I've just bought a Fiat Linea T-Jet plus here in Goa.

No they are not used cars. ODO reading is less than 20 kms in majority of the cars.

Can anyone share his/her experience with the dealer.
Hey carwatcher,

Any follow-ups? If possible, whenever you visit Mumbai next, go and have a look at these cars and post some pictures here. You may not be buying it, but just for kicks do pay them a visit. That is the only way this mystery will ever come to an end. I am sure all those who've seen this thread are equally curious.

P.S. - I know you're from Goa and its because of that I said 'if possible.'
Old 23rd September 2013, 17:59   #71
BHPian

Hello,

So what finally happened?

Any updates on this?
Old 22nd January 2015, 21:57   #72
BHPian

Transit damage vehicle at low price?

Hi,
Recently I have been seeing few posts on a facebook group like this
A Brand New Scorpio VLX 2.2 MHAWK FWD For Sale..
Color - White
Model - 2012
KMS Run - "0000"
"Slight Damage"
"Unregistered" - "You Will Be The First Owner"

The seller says it is "transit damage"

What exactly is this? How good / bad are these vehicles? Any info on such vehicles will be appreciated

NOte to admin: Not sure which forum to post this. Can this be moved to the right section?
Old 22nd January 2015, 22:13   #73
BHPian

Re: Transit damage vehicle at low price?

This post/offer is from the Mahindra Dealer or individual?

Scorpio is RWD not FWD.
Old 22nd January 2015, 22:18   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balan View Post
Hi,
The seller says it is "transit damage"

What exactly is this? How good / bad are these vehicles? Any info on such vehicles will be appreciated
Usual transit damages are nothing but overturned trucks which carry brand new vehicles. I know a person in Bangalore who buys them, repairs it and sell it a about 2 lakh less than new one. I have seen Honda Jazz, Honda City, Chevrolet Beat being sold like this after getting repaired. If the seller can share the pre and post repair photos then its good. Last time i saw a Honda Jazz which had pretty bad damages on A and B pillar. They replaced the entire piece with a new one but did welding by themselves. Don't think it will hold the same strength as compared to robotic arms in factory.
ameaa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2015, 22:20   #75
BHPian

It means exactly what it is. It may have been damaged en route to the dealership or during a test drive or whatever. Damage could be anything from as small as body dents to major dings like mechanical failure. Try to contact the seller for more details and post it here. I'm sure bhpians can help you find out if it indeed is salvageable or not.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks