Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2012, 21:36   #31
BHPian

Re: Outgoing BMW 320d vs New Audi A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by swopsk293 View Post

I will be getting the delivery on saturday evening or monday at the latest.
Will post as many pictures as I can at the earliest.
We are waiting for your pictures buddy.

Put them up when you get some time and also about your delivery experience.

pEaCe
Old 3rd August 2012, 00:00   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusA340 View Post
We are waiting for your pictures buddy.

Put them up when you get some time and also about your delivery experience.

pEaCe
Hey man! I posted the pictures and my experience in a different thread a long time ago.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...avigation.html

Do let me know if you want any more info or pictures!
Old 3rd August 2012, 00:52   #33
BHPian

Oops! Cool man. I'll check it out.

pEaCe
Old 7th August 2012, 23:15   #34
BHPian

Does a c 250 cdi avant garde , with the anatomical roof and all the goodies make sense at 30 lac vs the new BMW 320 lux plus at 38 , the test drive vehicle I drove had some steering wheel issues and made a lot of screeking sounds
Old 8th August 2012, 00:02   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlcarrera View Post
Does a c 250 cdi avant garde , with the anatomical roof and all the goodies make sense at 30 lac vs the new BMW 320 lux plus at 38 , the test drive vehicle I drove had some steering wheel issues and made a lot of screeking sounds
Depends what you want it for. Also how are you getting a C250 at 30? Some discount? The difference is big, but if its self driven makes sense checking out the C class performance edition. The 3 is a better car to drive, but with such a big difference in price the C class makes a compelling case for itself.
Akshay1234 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2012, 00:03   #36
BHPian

ML bhai, drive the new 3 series and take a call.

I think it's worth the premium. Plus with BSI, you cant go wrong on the service front.

Also, new C should be out in a year or so.

Best,
NK

BTW, Chennai formal launch party at the dealership is on Thu (9th). Let me know if you want to attend.

Last edited by ecclipse78 : 8th August 2012 at 00:05.
ecclipse78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2012, 09:21   #37
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language or using any other Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Technocrat : 7th September 2012 at 00:41. Reason: Please read the note in your Post, thanks
Aroongupta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2012, 10:11   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroongupta View Post
Folks,

I am glad I found this review and the other one here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-bmw-320d.html

Had a test drive of the outgoing 320D yesterday and am slated for an Audi A4 today. Was wondering which one to go for...but it seems I don't even want to try the Audi A4 now.
Without going into suggesting alternatives models, pls suggest what i should be careful about? what things to consider. Any further discounts i can draw? By the way I am buying a corporate edition. Bare essentials!

Let me be the first to congragulate you! I know how good it feels when you are getting what your heart wants the most. One day even i dream of owning a 3 series. Hope that dream comes true some time down the line!

Put up a ownership thread once you get the car! Drive safe!

Last edited by Technocrat : 7th September 2012 at 00:45. Reason: Edited the Quoted post
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2012, 10:28   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Folks,

I am glad I found this review and the other one here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-bmw-320d.html

Had a test drive of the outgoing 320D yesterday and am slated for an Audi A4 today. Was wondering which one to go for...but it seems I don't even want to try the Audi A4 now.

She will not get to know about it for atleast an year. Else I wud be a dead man tomorrow. I have arranged with a friend to rent his parking space. Arrangement is that my driver will reach his place everyday on his Enfield Classic 500 which I bought him an year back. I will reach in my Safari. We will park both and then my driver will carry the Safari to the Office and I will take the BMW.
Without going into suggesting alternatives models, pls suggest what i should be careful about? what things to consider. Any further discounts i can draw? By the way I am buying a corporate edition. Bare essentials!
Congratulations Man. way to go ..

Are you really not going to tell your wife ? for a year ? BMW lene ka himmath hay but bhivi se Dar . himmath lo or bol do bhabi ko " Dear this is a dream of my life and i want you to be with me at this moment" i think she will understand .

What is the fun in owning a dream when you can't reach your home, proudely park it in your garage and see your neighbors peeking through your window's .

i think this has to be a new thread. Mods?

cheers .

Last edited by Technocrat : 7th September 2012 at 00:46. Reason: edited quoted post
toms_2191 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2012, 11:34   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

You haven't mentioned anything about BSI. Do take BSI, since I assume you plan on keeping the car for a couple of years? The money you spend on it will be well worth it, and will make your first German car experience troublefree.
Akshay1234 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2012, 18:25   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Folks,

Congrats Dude, these decisions are taken by heart and trust me God helps who help themselves. PM me, I may be able to help you with more discount (will try). All the best. Dont hide from wife, let her be part of your success and achievement, she will understand and will be happy for you. Cheers! Await your ownership thread now.

PS: Dont worry about CorpEd, I-drive is something that you grow over very soon and should not be a deciding factor. A Bimmer is a Bimmer, Period.

Last edited by Technocrat : 7th September 2012 at 00:46. Reason: edited quoted post
rishi_kapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2012, 22:57   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
You haven't mentioned anything about BSI. Do take BSI, since I assume you plan on keeping the car for a couple of years? The money you spend on it will be well worth it, and will make your first German car experience troublefree.
Absolutely sir!

And I promise I will take care of this new German Girlfriend. The last GF - Tata Safari - i don't know she could not take care of me or I could not take care of her. But we had a miserable love life. One of us would always be upset with the other on one thing or the other. Phew - Happy riddance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toms_2191 View Post
Congratulations Man. way to go ..

Are you really not going to tell your wife ? for a year ? BMW lene ka himmath hay but bhivi se Dar . himmath lo or bol do bhabi ko " Dear this is a dream of my life and i want you to be with me at this moment" i think she will understand .

What is the fun in owning a dream when you can't reach your home, proudely park it in your garage and see your neighbors peeking through your window's .

i think this has to be a new thread. Mods?

cheers .
Yes sir, howsoever ridiculous it may sound, but I am telling her nothing. She believes in appreciating assets not depreciating. She would get a heart attack. I love her, Can't take that risk.

Note from the Team-BHP Support: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread.

Last edited by Technocrat : 7th September 2012 at 00:48. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 6th September 2012, 23:42   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroongupta

Yes sir, howsoever ridiculous it may sound, but I am telling her nothing. She believes in appreciating assets not depreciating. She would get a heart attack. I love her, Can't take that risk.
Dude you are being seriously ridiculous. I might sound offensive but it is either you don't love your wife or you are so much in love with a non living thing that you can't comprehend reality. She is your wife. Do you really think she will not have a heart attack if she gets to know that her husbands been owning a BMW for a year. Just tell her. She may be upset for a week a month or even 6 months. After that things will be fine. Please think about it. She is a living creature with a heart.
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2012, 12:13   #44
BHPian

Just tell her. Don't have any regrets in the future that you should have bought it etc., It may be a 'depreciating asset' as per many but it works on a different equation. No matter how many assets you have, the one which makes you smile the most is important. That includes your wife. She's an invaluable asset & the bimmer would sort of complete your personal life as a guy who always has 50% of its brain allocated permanently for cars, gadgets, planes, locomotives, girls, etc., Can't help it. Just tell her and drive it with pleasure, not like a thief!

good luck
Old 7th September 2012, 23:42   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Dude you are being seriously ridiculous. I might sound offensive but it is either you don't love your wife or you are so much in love with a non living thing that you can't comprehend reality. She is your wife. Do you really think she will not have a heart attack if she gets to know that her husbands been owning a BMW for a year. Just tell her. She may be upset for a week a month or even 6 months. After that things will be fine. Please think about it. She is a living creature with a heart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusA340 View Post
Just tell her. Don't have any regrets in the future that you should have bought it etc., It may be a 'depreciating asset' as per many but it works on a different equation. No matter how many assets you have, the one which makes you smile the most is important. That includes your wife. She's an invaluable asset & the bimmer would sort of complete your personal life as a guy who always has 50% of its brain allocated permanently for cars, gadgets, planes, locomotives, girls, etc., Can't help it. Just tell her and drive it with pleasure, not like a thief!

good luck
Guys Guys Guys!

My fault. I should have used some smileys. I was intentionally playing but hardly expected to evoke fury

Anyhow, be assured, my wife, my both daughters as well as couple of friends were all there all the time. The only point of contention 'in the family' was - while I and my elder daughter went mad about the Bimmer, it took a lot to pull the lady of the house away from the Audi. She gave in in the end but a bit grudgingly...

So I booked the Corp 320D today. Delivery expected on Monday/Wednesday.

I would like to thank Rishi Kapoor, the fellow Team BHPian you all know, all ends. He helped me all along with his wonderful inputs, discount haggling, etc. to such an extent that we were all very pleasantly surprised. It would not be an exaggeration to mention that he touched hearts of each one of us. By the end of the day, till the time we decided to sign on the dotted line, it came to a level that my wife was not willing to let me sign without 'My friend Rishi Jee's permission.

Rishi - Salute to you bro and salute to this wonderful forum! Love you all guys!

It was a strange feeling after I booked. I was nervous. I was all sweaty and fidgety and a lot distracted. I don't know why. May be its a fear of failure. Whether I will be able to do justice to the machine. I have always loved my cars but strangely never bothered about the fine maintenance. If you will hit me from behind on a signal, I will get down, smile and ask you - yaar aapki gaadi ko zyada to nahin lagi. But here I am worried about the first scratch. I don't want any. And on the all black, I dread the the dust. How much i hate dust.

Can I drive with the car cover on?

He he.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks