Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2006, 11:21   #1
BHPian

Indica Xeta owners Help me!!

Hi all,
This is my first post here.I have been browsing this forum from quite some time now.I need help regarding the following.
It s been a while that the Xeta is out on roads.is there anyone here who has had issues with the Xeta .
I am almost final in my way towards the Xeta GLG but i heard from one of this friend mechanic of mine at one of the service centers that the Xeta has already started giving problems and they have around 2-3 xeta engines already opened for repairs. Also he mentioned something about the Xeta occassionally stopping/turning off automatically in 3rd gear.
Also refer this link: http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Indi...a-97675-1.html.
He suggested i go for an Indica LSI instead.But the LSI is an old model and does not appeal compared to the Xeta.

Is anyone facing such a problem or any other kind of problems with the Xeta? Pl let me know at the earliest.
I will be taking the car on loan and i dont want to repent my decision of buying the Xeta.So if any thing i mean absolutely anything to be pointed out pl let me know orelse PM me and help me out on this please as now i am thouroughly confused at what i should do.

Regards
Old 25th April 2006, 11:48   #2
Team-BHP Support

Tata cars have something called "R&D" period where customers provide the Research. Since Xeta is a new one(well almost new) expect problems till they sell about 20000 Xetas. After experimenting on 20000 cars they will learn.
Old 25th April 2006, 11:58   #3
BANNED

Never buy the first batch of any car from Tata, they will use you like a guinea pig. If you have to buy a Tata car, wait for the 3rd or 4th generation.
Old 25th April 2006, 12:12   #4
Senior - BHPian

Yes, i heard of similar problems from a relative of mine. Stay away from Xeta for the time being.. as TSK said, let the R&D period get over, or look for some other car.
Old 25th April 2006, 13:34   #5
BHPian

I do not have any idea abt Xeta problems but as tsk says its possible with a different and new product. As far as suggestion of going for normal petrol LSi, its not a bad suggestion,
The car is not old as such , only got a facelift 1.5 yrs back and and I can tell from personal experience that it is completly trouble free.
(I have a LGi and done abt 11,000 kms)
Old 25th April 2006, 13:48   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also he mentioned something about the Xeta occassionally stopping/turning off automatically in 3rd gear
This seems to be symptomatic of MPFi engines. My esteem lxi was also plagued with this problem. At times, when u touch the brakes hard, the engine would simply die.

O.T. The xeta has engine problems, the swift has rattling issues, teh santro has crap suspension....what does a buyer with a budget of 4-4.5 L buy? :(
Old 25th April 2006, 13:55   #7
Team-BHP Support

Nothing to do with MPFI. You brake hard in gear, dont press the clutch. The front(drive) wheels lock and your car will shut off. Its same as engaging 4th gear and then leaving the clutch with car standing still and not pressing the accelerator.
Old 25th April 2006, 13:57   #8
BNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami
This seems to be symptomatic of MPFi engines. My esteem lxi was also plagued with this problem. At times, when u touch the brakes hard, the engine would simply die.

O.T. The xeta has engine problems, the swift has rattling issues, teh santro has crap suspension....what does a buyer with a budget of 4-4.5 L buy? :(
Palio NV, fiat rules....
Old 25th April 2006, 14:06   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNB
Palio NV, fiat rules....
sorry! forgot about that one:
Fiat Palio- no a.s.s.- n please dont tell me about the fiat tata tie up. Tata dealers are pretty crap when it comes to their own cars, wonder what they will be like for the palio!
Old 25th April 2006, 14:07   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Tata cars have something called "R&D" period where customers provide the Research. Since Xeta is a new one(well almost new) expect problems till they sell about 20000 Xetas. After experimenting on 20000 cars they will learn.
I do not know abt XETA, but ALL vehicles launched in India have their final phase of RnD done by the buyers. That's something to be kept in mind while buying a newly launched car.
Old 25th April 2006, 14:10   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Nothing to do with MPFI. You brake hard in gear, dont press the clutch. The front(drive) wheels lock and your car will shut off. Its same as engaging 4th gear and then leaving the clutch with car standing still and not pressing the accelerator.
Bingo! Bilkul sahi... I was just wondering why nobody ever said this. Most people do not use the clutch while braking... not till it reaches the lowest possible RPM for that gear. Now if you do sudden braking the fast deceleration probably brings the engine to a point where it stalls and dies. If anything this probably suggests that Xeta has really good and effective brakes.
Old 25th April 2006, 14:14   #12
BHPian

My XETA has crossed over 1000kms so far, and no such issues. My folks are happy with it. In fact, it has one of the most forgiving engines as I have mentioned in my other posts.
Old 25th April 2006, 14:21   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami

...Suzuki WagonR..
No rattling issues
No crappy suspension...
Decent FE
the list goes on.......

Last edited by DCEite : 25th April 2006 at 14:23.
Old 25th April 2006, 14:26   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo
Bingo! Bilkul sahi... I was just wondering why nobody ever said this. Most people do not use the clutch while braking... not till it reaches the lowest possible RPM for that gear. Now if you do sudden braking the fast deceleration probably brings the engine to a point where it stalls and dies. If anything this probably suggests that Xeta has really good and effective brakes.
Zappo:

One possible reason for not using the clutch till the last moment is because if u use the clutch along with the brakes, you negate the 'engine braking' which is very vital in slowing down fast.

Thus using the clutch and brake toghether can be potentially dangerous, esp at high speeds.
Old 25th April 2006, 15:05   #15
Team-BHP Support

But if you are doing hard braking where wheels lock up, engine braking is of no use. Its used mostly downhill where you dont want to "cook" the brakes

Most Viewed