Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2020, 17:29   #46
BHPian

Re: Which new car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjnnbagal View Post
Which new car (and not pre owned) with a much refined petrol engine under 15 lakhs in today's Indian market?
My suggestion would be the Yaris. The top spec is just over 15L OTR but I expect there would be big discounts all year round. It is a well built sedan with superb NVH and safety features.

However any Hyundai/Kia would be a better overall product with refinement as one of its strengths.

Last edited by PetrolheadRup : 11th April 2020 at 17:37.
Old 11th April 2020, 17:43   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: Most refined vehicle

I think 'refined' is a relative term. When I got married in 1989, I was ferried to my reception venue in a souped up Amby with Koya seats and a Matador engine that pulled like a locomotive and was absolutely silent. Tell me what was the last vehicle you traveled you consider refined and suggesting would be easy. Someone graduating from diesel to petrol would be stunned by the silence. Someone graduating from a Ciaz>Corolla>Camry>C Class>S Class>Maybach>RR....list goes on...
Old 11th April 2020, 18:01   #48
Senior - BHPian

I think there is a good misunderstanding here. Not all refined engines are silent. Or to put in the other way, if engine makes more sound, it doesn't mean it is NOT refined.

Example, Toyota vehicles are not silent but yet most refined engines come from Toyota.

On contrary, Some silent engines show up roughness after few KMS and are considered unrefined

But, in general, Japanese engines are most refined engines is my view irrespective of whether they are silent or not.

On ligher side, if car ignition is off, ALL Cars engines are silent.

Last edited by gkveda : 11th April 2020 at 18:02.
gkveda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2020, 20:16   #49
BHPian

Why have an engine at all? Nexon EV or MG ZS EV if higher budget are my recommendations.

Under 15 lacs you have to compromise to a certain extent. Electric vehicles are most suited for his topmost priority that is NVH.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks