Used Skoda Yeti 19 14.96%
Wait for Hyundai ix25 29 22.83%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2013, 20:58   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Both these cars make a amazing long distance tourers and also make a good driver's car.
I think he had mentioned that resale value is a very big factor for him and that is the reason he rejected vento and rapid.

Both Linea and Punto have terrible resale so i dont think he can go for it.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 22nd July 2013 at 20:59.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 16:02   #32
BHPian

Re: EcoSport VS the Rest of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
I think he had mentioned that resale value is a very big factor for him and that is the reason he rejected vento and rapid.

Both Linea and Punto have terrible resale so i dont think he can go for it.
In that case, the only options left (other than Ecosport) are Honda City and Hyundai Verna. My vote goes for City. It will be much more desirable in the used car market than Verna.

Last edited by Tats07 : 23rd July 2013 at 16:03.
Tats07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 16:15   #33
Senior - BHPian

Between the Verna and City, my vote goes for the City as well. Has a refined peppy engine, good handler, honda reliability, a little short on features but more than makes up for it.

Why dont you just stick with the Ecosport, its a good car, new on the block, looks flashy, tons of features and perfect for our congested cities.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 23rd July 2013 at 16:17.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 21:57   #34
BHPian

Like I suggested to another friend and fellow bhpian, if you already own a Figo, it's not an 'upgrade' to purchase the Ecosport. The cabin would feel too familiar, especially the size of it.

If you have zeroed in on the Verna and City, buy the City if you want only Petrol. The Fluidic Verna is an extremely bad handler and that's an understatement.
Old 25th July 2013, 13:32   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Between the Verna and City, my vote goes for the City as well. Has a refined peppy engine, good handler, honda reliability, a little short on features but more than makes up for it.

Why dont you just stick with the Ecosport, its a good car, new on the block, looks flashy, tons of features and perfect for our congested cities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post
Like I suggested to another friend and fellow bhpian, if you already own a Figo, it's not an 'upgrade' to purchase the Ecosport. The cabin would feel too familiar, especially the size of it.

If you have zeroed in on the Verna and City, buy the City if you want only Petrol. The Fluidic Verna is an extremely bad handler and that's an understatement.
Thanks for your inputs guys, I had the chance to drive a friends Verna yesterday and took it on the Delhi Jaipur highway. One word NO. I had no idea the car was that bad at handling and my GOD the steering, is it connected is it loose, you just can't tell. I guess Figo has spoiled me a lot.

I did take my friends view as well who uses the Verna as a city car and for that he finds it great, well I concur with that statement but sadly for the highway it's no no.

I guess I should stick with the Ecosport only. I will learn to love it one day. On another note a birdy just told me that the Octavia will be launching next month. Worth a wait and watch, the bottom petrol or diesel variants should be in my budget. A new car should have good resale too.
Old 25th July 2013, 14:09   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
I guess I should stick with the Ecosport only. I will learn to love it one day. On another note a birdy just told me that the Octavia will be launching next month. Worth a wait and watch, the bottom petrol or diesel variants should be in my budget.
Sorry if you have mentioned this before but why had you ruled out the Vento/Rapid from your list?
Secondly isn't the Octavia supposed to replace the Laura and in which case would cost much more than 10L?
Old 25th July 2013, 14:34   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Sorry if you have mentioned this before but why had you ruled out the Vento/Rapid from your list?
Secondly isn't the Octavia supposed to replace the Laura and in which case would cost much more than 10L?
Lack of resale really and in case of the Vento it is an old car now.

I am not tied to the 10 lakh price point. If I get a good buy, I might go up to 14 tops. I know it is a Skoda and if Yes to Octavia then why NO to the Rapid. I am hoping being a new product they might just put the extra effort. I am also banking on the Octavia name.

See this is a problem when you have time from the booking to delivery. Had I been given the car sooner a lot of questions could have been subdued and if the car was really good it would have started growing on me. But here I am analysing and over analysing every minute detail.

I guess after I found the resale cost of my Figo my whole approach to buying cars has shifted. On the other end my January Fortuner for 26 Lakh and I just spoke to a buyer ready to offer 25.5. Now that is resale.
Old 25th July 2013, 17:50   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I guess I should stick with the Ecosport only. I will learn to love it one day. On another note a birdy just told me that the Octavia will be launching next month. Worth a wait and watch, the bottom petrol or diesel variants should be in my budget. A new car should have good resale too.
Quote:
I am not tied to the 10 lakh price point. If I get a good buy, I might go up to 14 tops. I know it is a Skoda and if Yes to Octavia then why NO to the Rapid. I am hoping being a new product they might just put the extra effort. I am also banking on the Octavia name.
The problem is, even if you go upto 14 lakhs, the Octavia may not get in that range. From what I read around, they will launch only the top engine variants first, and the lesser variants (1.4 TSI / 1.6 TDI), could come in 2014 (or probably when they clear off the Laura inventory).
Old 25th July 2013, 20:10   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I guess after I found the resale cost of my Figo my whole approach to buying cars has shifted. On the other end my January Fortuner for 26 Lakh and I just spoke to a buyer ready to offer 25.5. Now that is resale.
You will not be able to replicate the Toyota resale value of Forutner and Innova on any other car. Your Fortuner is still relatively new. I bought my Innova back in 2007 with 30k kms for around 7.5 L. 5 years of ownership and the Odo at 1.2L kms currently, I have buyers ready to take the car at 5.7-6L. Now that is what I call resale.
Old 25th July 2013, 20:36   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is what I found out, at the lower variants the Ecosport is a good buy but at the top end variants it is quite an expensive car compared to what is being offered.

Have you considered the Euro sedans in the D segment: Jetta and the upcoming Octavia? The reason I say this is you may go for the Verna/Vento and feel that you have jumped sideways rather than getting something that is more aspirational.

With the euro sedans you'll get the feel that you've got something completely different from an entire segment above. So, there is very little chance that you'll miss no buying Ecosport. The reason I recommend having a look at these is because you mentioned Elantra a couple of times.

Of course, you spend a lot more too but according to me its money worth spent.

BTW, I think Ecosport is a cool 'vehicle' (whatever you categorize it as), despite its size.

Last edited by theMAG : 28th July 2013 at 08:11. Reason: Please avoid quoting entire large posts in the interests of readability
Old 30th July 2013, 22:30   #41
BHPian

So after extensive testing and TD's of the Verna, I have to say as fine as this car is. driving wise it is pure suicide. It takes everything that is good and holy about a drive and literally throws it in the back seat. So with much remorse the Verna is out. For all its goodies and a very commendable engine I would applaud Hyundai, but sadly life is too short and I don't want to be biting my nails every time I corner a mountainous road at 70.

I would like to point that due to the kind of work I am in I have a monthly driving of about 2000 + km. Although it is done in different cars, still highway travel is equally important and hailing from Himachal, mountains are in my blood. So a handler is also some what a requirement.

Note to Hyundai - Please work on the handling, you can literally wash this segment then.

Now coming back to the Ecosport, I was not made aware of a very very useful feature till only a few days ago. Tilt and Telescopic steering. What an invention, I made some adjustments on the tilt and pulled out the telescope all the way and now I can push the seat a lot further creating enough space for me to fit behind me. I am 6'2'' so that is quite a thing.
I even tried driving this way and felt it very natural. One thing the Ecosport is made with a driver in mind and honestly the amount of adjustment options you have is simply marvelous.

So has the tide turned?. Well not quite, the wait is still long and the impending Octavia launch is such a brain wrench.

Still Ecosport is bridging the gap, one telescopic adjustment at a time .
Old 19th August 2013, 20:09   #42
BHPian

New Ecosport Titanium Diesel vs 2nd Hand XUV W6

Hey Guys,

Looking to buy a car and previously I thought of getting a second hand Civic but dumped that and thinking of buying a MUV. The three good options within my budget are Duster,Ecosport and 2nd Hand XUV.

Ruling out Duster cause of missing features and high price and thinking out getting either a new Ecosport or 2nd hand XUV. The XUV in question is of my real close friend's and he has maintained it really well. He is selling it off as he is a lawyer and he is considering a D segment sedan. The car has done about 21K Kms and is 2 Yrs. old. Asking price is 10 Big ones and I have good relaxation in mode of payment. Hopefully won't require a finance option. I am also getting a W8 about 1.5 Yrs. old 42K driven for the same price. But since it coming from a dealer and is 42K old I would try to avoid that. I won't really ask my friend to reduce the price as we are good pals and both for him and me another 10K-25K between us is unreasonable. I know the in and outs of the car has a zero depreciation insurance and I don't really need to transfer the car in my name for the reasons mentioned above. So in future won't really have a big depreciation dent when I plan to sell this car.

Now to the questions:

1. I havent driven a Ecosport but have sat in one. How is the drive compared to XUV as I find XUV a bit sluggish(I drive a Swift D) ?

2. How are the two cars compared feature wise ?

3. Lastly is 2nd hand XUV worth considering over Ecosport at the same price point as I am not really a huge fan of the Ecosport looks and waiting period of the same is a big dampener ?

Hopefully somebody out there can compare the two as both are relatively new and finding someone with first hand experience with both would be quite difficult

Thanks in Advance
Old 19th August 2013, 20:55   #43
Senior - BHPian

re: New Ecosport Titanium Diesel vs 2nd Hand XUV W6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post

Now to the questions:

1. I havent driven a Ecosport but have sat in one. How is the drive compared to XUV as I find XUV a bit sluggish(I drive a Swift D) ?
I think most of the members will ask you to buy the Ecosport since it is a "new" car and that XUV is prone to niggles etc. etc.

If I were in your place, I would get the XUV. Since you know the car inside out, there is no problems with service history and all. Most of the niggles in the XUV are over hyped to be honest. I have a W8 and have absolutely no niggles with it, except a fused headlamp bulb.

XUV has a 0-100 kmph timing of 12.8 seconds which is on par/faster when compared to a Swift diesel. So it cannot be termed as sluggish. The engine is not as free revving as the Swift's and hence you may need time to adjust with it.

Quote:
2. How are the two cars compared feature wise ?
The W6 has all the features you need except the extras like 4 additional airbags, tyre pressure monitoring system, in built GPS, etc. But even the ES does not have them. If you buy the top end ES, you will get 4 additional airbags and alloys over the W6 XUV.

Quote:
3. Lastly is 2nd hand XUV worth considering over Ecosport at the same price point as I am not really a huge fan of the Ecosport looks and waiting period of the same is a big dampener ?
As I said, XUV is bigger and more comfortable. It certainly is more VFM than the ES at this price, in my own personal opinion.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2013, 21:03   #44
Senior - BHPian

I had posted the same question too but my usage was different. If you can mention your requirements it'll be easier to suggest a car.

I'd get the Ecosport if I predominantly drive within the city with occasional highway trips and ES is a second car at home. The ratio will be 70:30 or so between city and highway.
If its the only car at home then definitely the XUV. Its more powerful,spacious and in your case will require the same investment too. So if you're usage ratio is 60:40 or 50:50 get the XUV without a second thought if you can live with the niggles.

Whichever car you pick you can't go wrong with either! All the best
Old 19th August 2013, 21:12   #45
Senior - BHPian

re: New Ecosport Titanium Diesel vs 2nd Hand XUV W6

I agree with 2 gentlemen here. It depends on your usage, if more of highway and need space for family = XUV. If not and more of city use = Ecosport.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks