Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2014, 18:11   #121
BHPian

Re: Fiesta 1.6S...what next? Fun-to-drive car upto 10 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Good choice with the Fiesta1.6. Not many FTD cars available for that kind of money.
Why does the black color cost 30K more ? I thought all colors cost the same (unlike MSIL where non-mettalic colors are few thousands cheaper).

Guess this model does not have ABS, airbags, which would have been nice to have. Drive safe.
Thank You.
Sorry for the confusion. Black vehicle was with Dealer A and white with Dealer B. Dealer B was ready to give more discounts and final OTR was 6L. I could not get the same discounts from Dealer A and hence the higher price. All the colors cost the same.

BTW, got a reverse parking sensor, floor mats, underbody coating (with warranty) and teflon coating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Congrats! I can see that smile on your face whenever you are behind the wheel. I own a 1.6 sxi for the past 7 years, and I've been smiling all though!

Do take care while braking, as your car does not have ABS. Even with ABS and EBD, I sometimes feel the brakes lack bite, but they actually do even at high speeds. It is just the feeling, not the reality. This is accentuated by the 'drive by wire' technology that holds the revs for a few seconds even after you release the throttle.

I am not sure of the non-ABS models though.
Thank You.
I am getting used to the brake bite. So no spirited driving for the time being. Keeping the RPM <2.5K and speedo < 80 Km/Hr irrespective of how good the road is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
^^ Well said!

Being a hard core Fiat fan, I bought a Fiesta Classic clxi 1.6. Whatta fantastic car this is.. Smile while driving is guaranteed.

Congratulations!
Thank You. It was a smiling 2.5K Kms for the new vehicle.

I am waiting for more miles on odo so that I can assess the vehicle properly. Initial some miles will give me only positives since this is a heart over mind purchase. I will reserve my comments at least till 10K Kms so that the initial excitement is over and actual character is clear .
Old 8th February 2016, 07:42   #122
BHPian

Im in market for picking up a Fiesta 1.6 or 1.6S for weekend fun. Been told by many that Fiesta is too outdated and family is up in arms against Fiesta :( . Personally I love that Duratec engine and the way it handles. I should be able to pick up one in good nick for around 2L. Should I go ahead or check for some other car? I am hoping spares wouldnt be an issue since this model was produced until 2010 and then the classic trim till last year. Suggestions?
Old 8th February 2016, 09:32   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Im in market for picking up a Fiesta 1.6 or 1.6S for weekend fun. Been told by many that Fiesta is too outdated and family is up in arms against Fiesta :( . Personally I love that Duratec engine and the way it handles. I should be able to pick up one in good nick for around 2L. Should I go ahead or check for some other car? I am hoping spares wouldnt be an issue since this model was produced until 2010 and then the classic trim till last year. Suggestions?
You will easily get a 50-60k kms run car for 2-2.5 lacs. Check them out.
Drive and the control on the car is fantabluous.
Mileage in these cars would be 7-8kmpl, but given that you are going to have this as weekend fun car, you won't need to worry.
Also checkout on the spares since most of the Ford cars are famous for giving away mechanical parts like arm, steering rods/assembly, and they are indeed pricey at around 80k kms onwards.
anup7649 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 10:13   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anup7649 View Post
Mileage in these cars would be 7-8kmpl,
@anup7649, @akshay380

7-8 Kmpl would be the worst mileage that you can get in city, but in highways you will get something above 10 Kmpl even if you are pushing hard at 140+ throughout the trip. I drive a Fiesta Duratec 1.6 daily to my office and take it on highway trips whenever time permits and this is the real world mileage that I get, I used to worry about mileage till I started driving the car in the highways, after that I forgot about the mileage and till date I just fill up the car and use it, the way it handles will make you forget everything else.

Last edited by RajeswaranK7 : 8th February 2016 at 10:43. Reason: included the op
RajeswaranK7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 10:21   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeswaranK7 View Post
@anup7649

7-8 Kmpl would be the worst mileage that you can get in city, but in highways you will get something above 10 Kmpl even if you are pushing hard at 140+ throughout the trip. I drive a Fiesta Duratec 1.6 daily to my office and take it on highway trips whenever time permits and this is the real world mileage that I get, I used to worry about mileage till I started driving the car in the highways, after that I forgot about the mileage and till date I just fill up the car and use it, the way it handles will make you forget everything else.
Agreed, I am not debating on that. It's just an awareness that in city you get that mileage.
Old 8th February 2016, 10:47   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Agreed, I am not debating on that. It's just an awareness that in city you get that mileage.
@anup7649
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif even i am not debating your point, just added clarity around the city mileage, which most people tend to ignore initially, but may become a pain point during prolonged usage. What you have pointed out is a key are a in ownership and actually that post was intended to Akshay, but by mistake I quoted you, corrected it now.
RajeswaranK7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 11:23   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mileage in these cars would be 7-8kmpl, but given that you are going to have this as weekend fun car, you won't need to worry.
Are you sure that the F.E. is that pathetic? I do know Bangalore roads have horrid traffic, but in my case, the city FE ranges between 11 to 11.5, with AC on. You can refer to my LTO thread for details.

Highway drives give me an FE of 13 to 16, depending on how heavy the right foot is. All figures are with AC on.
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 12:19   #128
BHPian

Just back from driving 1500 kms on the weekend in my 1.6S on the western ghats.. Got a mileage of 15km/l with AC always ON and with a load of 5 people. I get 10-11 in the city with AC ON too.

Spares are not an issue at all because of the numbers sold in the market. My last 2 services have cost me 4-5k each.

Go for it if you can find a good one but it will cost between 3.5-4.5 depending on the condition. If you can find an aquarius blue color one, nothing like it. I stopped at a CCD in Hassan and one gentleman was casting admiring glances and then came over to have a chat about the same.

Attaching a pic for your reference:
Attached Thumbnails
Fiesta 1.6S...what next? Fun-to-drive car upto 10 lakhs-20141005_133901.png  

Avinash_R is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 22:34   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash_R View Post
Just back from driving 1500 kms on the weekend in my 1.6S on the western ghats.. Got a mileage of 15km/l with AC always ON and with a load of 5 people. I get 10-11 in the city with AC ON too.

Spares are not an issue at all because of the numbers sold in the market. My last 2 services have cost me 4-5k each.

Go for it if you can find a good one but it will cost between 3.5-4.5 depending on the condition. If you can find an aquarius blue color one, nothing like it. I stopped at a CCD in Hassan and one gentleman was casting admiring glances and then came over to have a chat about the same.

Attaching a pic for your reference:
Too tough to find S here in Goa. I found from ASS that only six were bought here. I plan to get stock 1.6 and then mod it as and when possible. Thanks guys.
Old 8th February 2016, 22:50   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Too tough to find S here in Goa. I found from ASS that only six were bought here. I plan to get stock 1.6 and then mod it as and when possible. Thanks guys.
Apparently the stock 1.6 is also quite tough to find as most people preferred the 1.4 because of milege.
pedrolourenco is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 09:35   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Apparently the stock 1.6 is also quite tough to find as most people preferred the 1.4 because of milege.
The funny part being the 1.2,1.4 and 1.6 has similar mileage figures in city.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 09:57   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The S is tough to find even in Delhi. With your roads and traffic and petrol prices, , I dont think any of the 6 owners will be looking to get rid of their S.
Specifically, what mods are you looking for? This car is not the best platform for performance mods. Superchipping is the most I have read about, that too in one car, here on the forum. And a suspension upgrade, but that was exorbitant, and frankly unnecessary for a daily driver.
If you get a clean fiesta, keep it as such, is my suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Really?
In delhi, they are a buck a plenty. In fact, I have not seen any 1.4s here at all. I know they were made, but more or less off the road, I suppose.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 10:42   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Really?
In delhi, they are a buck a plenty. In fact, I have not seen any 1.4s here at all. I know they were made, but more or less off the road, I suppose.
I agree. I have seen more 1.6s than 1.4s even way back in 2007 when I bought mine. Most people who were FE conscious looked elsewhere.
Old 9th February 2016, 16:59   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
The funny part being the 1.2,1.4 and 1.6 has similar mileage figures in city.
Maybe you and me and enthusiasts know that. In my experience the Palio/Petra 1.2 & 1.6 also gave similar milege. But try explaining that to a common man. For most people "Higher CC=Lower Milege".

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
The S is tough to find even in Delhi. With your roads and traffic and petrol prices, , I dont think any of the 6 owners will be looking to get rid of their S.
I agree.

Quote:
Specifically, what mods are you looking for? This car is not the best platform for performance mods. Superchipping is the most I have read about, that too in one car, here on the forum. And a suspension upgrade, but that was exorbitant, and frankly unnecessary for a daily driver.
If you get a clean fiesta, keep it as such, is my suggestion.
I have suggested to him to keep it simple. Maybe just a FFE and when the stock suspension comes for replacement then go for something better.

Quote:
Really?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I agree. I have seen more 1.6s than 1.4s even way back in 2007 when I bought mine. Most people who were FE conscious looked elsewhere.
My neighbour is a broker and he told me this.
Old 18th February 2016, 22:32   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I too have been looking for a 1.6S but without luck. I may just settle for a Baleno!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks