Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2016, 21:07   #136
BHPian

Re: Fiesta 1.6S...what next? Fun-to-drive car upto 10 lakhs

Each time I see such a thread and the discussions around the 1.6S, I am amazed by the love TBHP has for the Fiesta, especially the 1.6 and 1.6S. But then again, it is such a rewarding car to drive!
There are a few 1.6S' to be found in Delhi NCR still. There is a pretty good looking 1.6S in grey colour in my society and the owner wanted to sell it last time I spoke to him. In case anyone wants, I can try and check with him.

Edit: The car is listed in the classifieds here -> http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...d/Fiesta.html/

Last edited by toothless : 22nd February 2016 at 21:09. Reason: Added the link to the classified listing
Old 22nd February 2016, 21:57   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toothless View Post

Edit: The car is listed in the classifieds here -> http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...d/Fiesta.html/
The car is already sold. I was late in approaching him
Old 22nd February 2016, 23:05   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
The car is already sold. I was late in approaching him
Oh well, sorry for raising your hopes
Old 12th May 2016, 21:02   #139
BHPian

C2 segment + Petrol + Turbo charged engine

So I happen to land on this section of the forum!

Why?

I currently have a Figo 1.4 Titanium that I bought in 2011. It has served me well. Very well infact. However, my family has grown and I need a car that seats 5 comfortably.

The search started in last Aug/Sep.I was very keen on a 7-seater with a Petrol engine. My daily running has come down drastically from 70kms to 15kms. So diesel doesn't fit the bill. And I would prefer the refineness of a Petrol in the new car. I had two options then - Ertiga and Mobilio. Ertiga was good on pocket, but Missus didn't fall for it. Mobilio appeared good, but found it quite overpriced. I made up my mind to go for a Mobilio in Nov, but by then they had stopped production of Petrol Mobilio. So I stopped, and waited with bated breath for the BRV. And when BRV was announced last week, I found it quite overpriced. Hyundai has apparently shelved it's plan to launch the MUV and I don't want to wait for few more years. Hexa is another candidate, but that is diesel, and I have a feeling that it will be priced close to XUV which is way out of my budget.

So now I am back to sedans. And hence this section of the forum .

What's the point?

Below are my requirements -

Criteria that’s a must
ABS/EBD + 2 airbags - Ideally I would like the car to have 6 airbags.
Good front armrest - I got a after market fitted in my Figo and find it very convenient. But its not OEM and stands out.
Rear seat for 3 - I know that in the sedan in this segment (C2) this is hard to get. But reasonable comfort is important. That is where Ma, Missus and kid will sit most of the time.
Full MID - I can't survive without DTE (my main grouse with Mobilio). Deal breaker for me.
<12 lakhs - Slightly negotiable.

Criteria that’s negotiable
Automatic gearbox
Cruise Control
Auto Climate Control
Start/Stop button
Auto dimming IRVM
Auto folding orvms

I should also add, that I have 2 other cars along with the Figo. Polo (Petrol-2012) and Nano (2013).

What are my choices?

It appears that there are only two petrol sedans that have a turbo. Vento TSI and Linea T-Jet.

Vento TSI (12.8 lakhs on road, mileage ~11 kmpl in city)-

+ves
* Automatic! DSG is a boon. Super fun to drive (I drove the Polo GT though. The Vento should come for TD tomorrow).
* Feels very well built. And the current Highline comes with all gizoms that ticks the above criteria.

-ves
* The reliability of DSG.
* The H-U-G-E transmission tunnel means that the 5th occupant is not very comfortable. It should be ok for my son (4 year old), but still.
* The service experience for my Polo has been satisfactory. Not great, but not bad either.

Linea T-Jet (10.5 lakhs on road, mileage ~13 kmpl in city)-

+ves
* The price. It is about 2 lakhs cheaper than the Vento.
* Manual tranny. I *might* not need an automatic and the maintenance of the automatic gearbox can be an unscheduled expense.
* Hydraulic steering.
* Wider wheels.
* Fun to drive. I drove it only once and liked it. I need a bigger TD to make some more impressions. From the official review it sounds great.
* The rear seat is slightly better than Vento. Atleast the transmission hump is not huge.
* Ma loves the looks. She says that it looks like an imported car.

-ves
* A.S.S - Biggest drawback in my opinion. There are only 2 workshops in Hyd, and I have heard horror stories.
* Not as well put as the Vento. The build quality is lacking err...quality.
* Not as ergonomic as Vento. For example, the front arm rest is so tiny that it is almost not usable.
* The Polo has aged well. And I believe the Vento will also age well. I am not sure about Linea.

Now the questions

* Is there any other car that I am missing? The Linea sales advisor said that iVtec is also turbo charged. I don't think he knows what he is saying.
* In the above cars, am I missing anything obvious that you can think of? And what would be your choice?
* I have been looking at used cars as well for a lateral upgrade, but it just didn't make it. So that is out of the equation for now.

Thanks for helping!
Old 12th May 2016, 21:56   #140
BHPian

Given that you are driving a Figo currently, I feel Linea would better fit your requirements and if you go for Dynamic T-Jet you would get dual air bags and it is spacious in the second row. Added advantage is that you would feel home with the Hydraulic power steering. But I am not sure on the MID display though since it is one of your requirement.

I suggest you take a long test drive of C2 segment cars along all your family members so that you can check it first hand and decide.
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 09:30   #141
BHPian

Re: C2 segment + Petrol + Turbo charged engine

Yes, I too feel after the Figo, the Linea with its hydraulic power steering and its manual turbo motor would suit you better. Why not wait for the Linea 125S ?
Rohit_Quad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 13:07   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
* I have been looking at used cars as well for a lateral upgrade, but it just didn't make it. So that is out of the equation for now.
Having read your requirements and considering what you already have in garage, I'm kind of unable to understand the choice of Vento / Linea. Considering both are essentially sedan versions of hatchbacks and especially considering that you already have the Polo, moving to Vento / Linea is hardly an upgrade.

Considering that you are looking at Turbo Petrol, you might want to look at Laura / Octavia 1.8TSI. Petrol cars especially in Hyderabad market depreciate really quick and you will find low mileage cars. Don't look at the old Jetta as it came with 1.4TSI and its not as much fun to drive.
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 14:59   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohit_Quad View Post
Yes, I too feel after the Figo, the Linea with its hydraulic power steering and its manual turbo motor would suit you better. Why not wait for the Linea 125S ?
I didn't know about the 125S. Thank you. But I am not in the mood to wait for long. I have been waiting for about an year now.

Quote:
Having read your requirements and considering what you already have in garage, I'm kind of unable to understand the choice of Vento / Linea. Considering both are essentially sedan versions of hatchbacks and especially considering that you already have the Polo, moving to Vento / Linea is hardly an upgrade.
Sedan versions of hatchback is C1 segment (Dzire, Amaze, Aspire, etc). These are sub 4m. But these two cars are in C2 segment. I agree that it is not a leap jump upgrade, but it is a minutely small upgrade nevertheless.

Quote:
Considering that you are looking at Turbo Petrol, you might want to look at Laura / Octavia 1.8TSI. Petrol cars especially in Hyderabad market depreciate really quick and you will find low mileage cars. Don't look at the old Jetta as it came with 1.4TSI and its not as much fun to drive.
Since last year I am looking at the used car market as well. I have had few close calls -

* Toyota Corolla Altis - 2012 - 14k kms. The dealer was quoting 10 l. I was ready for 8 l. But when I took the car to a Toyota workshop, from the history they found that that car had been in a serious accident - everthing from the right front tyre to the steering cover was replaced. So backed out. I hear that he sold it for 9.2 l. Not sure if thats true.

* Skoda Superb - 2014 - 18k kms. The seller was quoting 16 l and I was okay with 13 l. As per the Team BHP used car prices tool, the car was worth around 11 l. So I was already way out of my comfort zone. The seller finally sold it for 15 l.

I think the used car market in Hyd is not very great for D1/D2 segment. And I am wary of approaching any random used car dealer, so that reduces my probability of finding a decent car.
Old 13th May 2016, 15:38   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So now I am back to sedans. And hence this section of the forum .
The Vento is a good car but I have issues with it ergonomically especially the center console digging into my knee, take a test drive and see if it suits you well. The light steering is not as well weighted but is very accurate so don't worry you'll get used to that pretty soon.

Linea is the better drivers car if you can get over the ergonomic hassles of mismatched steering/seat/pedal alignment. The car is very old though and its product lifecycle is way past expiry so I'm not sure I'd want to buy a new one for 12 large ones.

Why not look into the used market for a good D-Segment ride. Spend time, anywhere it will take time to find the right car. D-Segment sedans are proper sedans in nearly every sense and feel like a genuine upgrade. Civics are cheap and easy to source, so is the Mitsubishi Cedia with better space at the back, better handling, and better low-end pickup. At the other end of the spectrum you can pick up a Laura TSI with a manual box these would anyday outclass a brand new C2 segment sedan IMO
IshaanIan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 15:43   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
The Vento is a good car but I have issues with it ergonomically especially the center console digging into my knee, take a test drive and see if it suits you well. The light steering is not as well weighted but is very accurate so don't worry you'll get used to that pretty soon.

Linea is the better drivers car if you can get over the ergonomic hassles of mismatched steering/seat/pedal alignment. The car is very old though and its product lifecycle is way past expiry so I'm not sure I'd want to buy a new one for 12 large ones.

Why not look into the used market for a good D-Segment ride. Spend time, anywhere it will take time to find the right car. D-Segment sedans are proper sedans in nearly every sense and feel like a genuine upgrade. Civics are cheap and easy to source, so is the Mitsubishi Cedia with better space at the back, better handling, and better low-end pickup. At the other end of the spectrum you can pick up a Laura TSI with a manual box these would anyday outclass a brand new C2 segment sedan IMO
Thanks for your inputs. I did look at the used car market. But I have been looking for an year, and had only 2 or 3 close calls (mentioned above). A lateral upgrade makes a lot of sense, but I am now getting impatient.
Old 13th May 2016, 15:55   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think the used car market in Hyd is not very great for D1/D2 segment. And I am wary of approaching any random used car dealer, so that reduces my probability of finding a decent car.
I always believe in buying from the owner directly rather than the used car showroom. Cars that get sold to used car dealers are the always the one which have some serious fault or the other. twho sell to used car dealers generally.

All you need to do keep looking at OLX / Quikr/Carwale / TBHP and you will find something. Needs some effort on deep dive and talking to a whole lot of ppl

https://www.olx.in/all-results/q-laura-tsi/

http://www.carwale.com/used/skoda-la...=15.184&fuel=1

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...da/Laura.html/

That is how I found a 2005 RS with only 59K on clock with full service history in Feb this year.
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 20:23   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Given...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohit_Quad View Post
Yes,...
Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
The...
Quote:
I...
Just wanted to close the loop here. I have decided to go with the Vento. Linea is great, and the 1.4L TSI engine is super smooth. But somehow the time I spent sitting in traffic in the last few weeks has convinced me that I'll be better off buying a automatic. I hope the DSG won't make me repent this decision.

Thanks for your input guys..
shifu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 21:57   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Just wanted to close the loop here. I have decided to go with the Vento. Linea is great, and the 1.4L TSI engine is super smooth. But somehow the time I spent sitting in traffic in the last few weeks has convinced me that I'll be better off buying a automatic. I hope the DSG won't make me repent this decision.

Thanks for your input guys..
I think you should check out the Honda city CVT as well. It is more spacious easier to seat 5, more fuel efficient and does not have the DSG related problems having a proven reliability record. The vento is a great car but 6years is just too late in a cars life cycle to go for it. Just a thought.
Old 20th May 2016, 06:15   #149
BHPian

Just to update everyone here, I picked up a Fiesta 1.6, 2009 model with 59k on odo. Full service history available. Paid 2.1L.
Fiesta 1.6S...what next? Fun-to-drive car upto 10 lakhs-img_5820.jpg
akshay380 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 07:07   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Just to update everyone here, I picked up a Fiesta 1.6, 2009 model with 59k on odo. Full service history available. Paid 2.1L.
Attachment 1508920
Congrats. Think its a damn good price. Six months back I was looking at buying one, but the prices in Bangalore were all above 3.5. Finally I picked up 2006 Corolla for 3.1.
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks