Team-BHP > What Car?

View Poll Results: EcoSport Titanium TDCI vs New Fiesta Style TDCI
EcoSport Titanium TDCI 71 52.21%
New Fiesta Style TDCI 65 47.79%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2013, 13:21   #16

re: Ford: EcoSport vs Fiesta

I guess the question is also of how long are you willing to wait? Is purchase of the car an urgent requirement or you can wait. If you can wait, then suggestion of sticking to your Ecosport booking while waiting for the face lifted fiesta comes up is good. If you cannot wait, I would suggest you go for the T/D and then decide.
kpraveenkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 15:19   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford: EcoSport vs Fiesta

Honestly, the only reason to choose the EcoSport over the Fiesta is the styling (subjective) and higher ground clearance.

In every other area, the Fiesta owns it. Some points from this thread are definitely applicable when comparing the two.

Considering they're from the same manufacturer & share mechanicals, I'd say go with the heart. Whichever you want more, go for that only (irrespective of price, waiting period etc.). You don't want to be turning your head around when the other passes, wishing you'd waited

Do keep in mind that the Fiesta is a market failure. It's resale will be poor in comparison to the hot EcoSport.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 15:46   #18
Senior - BHPian

If looks is concerned, then Ecosport loses because of its grumpy looks. If its utility, then both are comparable. If its features, then new Fiesta wins. If only Ford had got the pricing right in the first place, new Fiesta wiould have been a greater success.

My suggestion - go for the New Fiesta sedan (23+ kmpl is too hard to resist).
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 15:52   #19
BHPian

I just took the test drive of new Fiesta and liked every bit of it. The steering though is not as light as EcoSport but the feel was good. And the pull in 2nd gear in Fiesta is better than EcoSport, don't know why I felt that way.

Now negotiating on freebies and more discount. Final price offered is 9.4 OTR, Hyderabad. The SA offered pickup and drop from my office few minutes back to seal the deal. A whole world of difference when I booked EcoSport and SA never replied to my messages

Last edited by Apple : 5th December 2013 at 15:54. Reason: spell check
Apple is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 17:03   #20

Think scratch card offer ends today only. I was also in similar dilemma but liked Fiesta more than eco sport for what it offers. But I am still to decide between fiesta and linea 1.3 MJD.
Dhanan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 17:45   #21
BHPian

At the current discount price, one can go for Fiesta.

Between Ecosport and Fiesta, I ll chose the later,
I'am happy to have the high GC, but i'am not comfortable with that stance.

If you are someone who drove only sedans/hatchbacks in the past, and if high GC is not your top priority, then Fiesta is the better option. One should do long/extensive TD of Ecosport or any high GC vehicle before concluding a decision.

I was not very comfortable while I TD the Ecoport, Road undulation makes the car wobble a bit, coupled with light steering makes me felt nervous behind the wheel.

Reason, I have driven Zen, Alto, and Figo extensively on highways and occasionally few sedans like Old gen City, Sonata and A4. I have never driven any SUVs on highways in the past.
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 17:47   #22
BHPian

Personally from what I've seen from Hyderabad's roads, I would go go for an SUV. I'm not sure other big cities have such poor roads, so GC would be a big factor here. I think the Ecosport would be a be a better VFM proposition, as well as resale value when the time comes. Either way, that Ford marketing promotion expires in a few hours, so good luck if you're deciding to go either way today.
autonarr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 19:14   #23
BHPian

Wooh.. quite a day I can say. Showroom guys sent a car of pickup to finalize the deal. The final offer was:

OTR: 9.25 L + Scratch guard (TV/Fridge/Washing Machine/Micro-Oven).
Freebies: Leather seats, Reverse Parking Sensor, Mud flaps, Car cover, floor mats, Teflon coating

Almost at the final second of the deal got call from my uncle who is having good knowledge on second hand car market and asked me not to go ahead with new Fiesta considering its sub-par resale value, so had to back out. Now I'm in for 6 months waiting queue for EcoSport Titanium.

Thank you all for the inputs you have provided
Apple is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 20:49   #24
Senior - BHPian

How long do you plan on keeping this car? Also, is very good resale value a key criteria for you? According to me 9.25L for a Fiesta with the full safety kit, leather seats, parking sensors, teflon coating, mud flaps and mats, is a damn good steal. You are getting a car better than the Ecosport in nearly every area (better ride, better to drive, better handling, quicker, more mileage, more roomy interior, boot, safer, exclusivity factor) excluding the unnecessary 200mm GC, for around 1.5 L less.

Before you make your decision, think about whether you actually like the Fiesta and are willing to throw it away after such a deal just for better resale value? This is what you are going to drive everyday. It is a car. Not an investment, there are plenty of safe bets you can make on shares

Ofcourse if your heart was always set on the ES, then this post is redundant.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 5th December 2013 at 20:51.
IshaanIan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 20:50   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple View Post
Almost at the final second of the deal got call from my uncle who is having good knowledge on second hand car market and asked me not to go ahead with new Fiesta considering its sub-par resale value, so had to back out. Now I'm in for 6 months waiting queue for EcoSport Titanium.

Thank you all for the inputs you have provided
Cool. You can wait for the Fiesta facelift and make a decision then. All the best.
satan's_valet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 21:30   #26
BHPian

Are you sure that the resale value of new fiesta diesel is poor?

Firstly i hardly see any few fiesta for resale. Keep in mind that people who have purchased this car earlier have purchased it at a premium.

I would suggest you check the asking price for pre-owned 2 year old fiesta. I see dealer asking for 8.2L in Mumbai. i doubt if any other 2 year old sedan of the same category would command that price.
LoneWolf9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 22:41   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple View Post
I feel that the resale should be a factor only if the buying price is same for the options you are looking at. You are already getting more than 1.5L savings upfront vs the Ecosport so your resale value is already taken care of.
Also i feel the Fiesta Interiors are superior to that of Ecosport and the Fiesta looks amazing in blue color.
Lastly, leaving aside all other rationale given by your head, what does your heart say?
sharadmumbai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2013, 03:00   #28
BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 6th December 2013 at 15:31.
Passiautonate is offline   Received Infraction
Old 6th December 2013, 08:18   #29
BHPian

My vote for Fiesta.
Ecosport is a contraption and I will get bored of it soon. Fiesta looks and feels much better. The driver seat is extremely comfortable and interiors are well laid out.
harishpr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2013, 08:52   #30
BHPian

Fiesta is a market failure and moreover it is due for facelift. Though upcoming fiesta definitely looks lot better in terms of design with Aston Martin type grills in the front. But you can`t really wait for it as we all know how Ford plays around with releasing new products into market. They take there own sweet time before they release it and not to mention the pricing blunder which they did with the new fiesta.

So if I were in your place I would definitely pick ecosport
DragonHawk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed