Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2014, 09:15   #31
BHPian

And my driving will be 75 percent highway and 25 percent town so low end torque may not be a deal breaker
Old 3rd March 2014, 09:42   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford: Fiesta Classic or Figo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageshgr View Post
Thank you very much Ishaanlaan. If only the Figo had the Brio engine :/
Quote:
And my driving will be 75 percent highway and 25 percent town so low end torque may not be a deal breaker
It isn't bad at all. The Brio is my favorite looking hatch, comes with pedigree too in the form of the i-VTEC motor, is incredibly light, well equipped in terms of safety, extremely eager to dive into the corners (it reminded me of the swift when I drove it), and is still a Honda so you just can't go wrong here
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2014, 10:56   #33
BHPian

Buy the Fiesta Classic, thats where your heart is. Every time you will sit in your car, ignite it, drive it, watch it parked in your driveway, the smile that you will have on your face will be from the heart and not economical / practical smile from the mind. In the long run all this debate about petrol vs. diesel, kms to drive daily, maintenance etc wont matter.

Jazz it up and make sure it stands out.

Still regret selling my 13 year old 1.3 L Esteem (heart) that my dad gifted to me the day i got my engineering college seat for a 2011 Wagon R (mind). Yes Yes I know
garyag79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2014, 21:18   #34
BHPian

Thanks Ishaanlan. Actually I regularly travel in my friends Brio these days. I find Brio's suspension floaty. Not boaty. But vague. I almost feel vertigo. Is it just me?

Thanks garyag79, yes Fiesta is my dream car. Either have to stretch my budget for the ABS EBD version or go for a pretty owned Top end one
Old 5th March 2014, 08:15   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Ishaanlan. Actually I regularly travel in my friends Brio these days. I find Brio's suspension floaty. Not boaty. But vague. I almost feel vertigo. Is it just me?

Thanks garyag79, yes Fiesta is my dream car. Either have to stretch my budget for the ABS EBD version or go for a pretty owned Top end one
It certainly isn't floaty. Just a little unsettled on the bumps. You need to drive this car sometime. The suspension holds up pretty darn well in the corners. According to me if you are still buying a brand new car with your budget, this is the only one out there for you

Now that you mention pre-owned, GO FOR IT! you will save a lot more cash and you can even walk away with a 1.6s with the stiffer damper settings and crisper throttle response (also apparently the old fiestas have better quality than the ones being sold under the classic moniker) If you do go down the pre-owned route, do remember not to ever rush things. Take your time testing the cars out there, have them all checked by a trusted mechanic and if something seems better than the rest, don't buy it. Wait for the one that is simply perfect

Last edited by IshaanIan : 5th March 2014 at 08:17.
Old 8th March 2014, 23:39   #36
BHPian

Thanks for all the input so far, Guys,

Sorry for coming back to this again and again but my mind is a tempest now. I forgot to throw in the heavy weight in this category. The Swift ZXI, at almost same price as the Top end Brio, is n't this a really competitive contender?

The engine, the ride, the handling, the feedback (to some extent), the highway manners, all are pretty strong is n't it?

Last edited by rageshgr : 8th March 2014 at 23:40.
Old 9th March 2014, 00:43   #37
BHPian

You cannot go wrong with a Swift, it has a lot of potential for performance upgrades too. Looks like you need to start a new thread or change the name of this one with your max budget and what you expect from the car.
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2014, 11:13   #38
Senior - BHPian

Swift ZXI in torque blue There will be a facelift coming soon with new alloys (supposedly a 16 inch option too), cruise control, day time running LEDs, bluetooth, keyless entry and go, among other updates being speculated. So waiting for that if you have the budget or even waiting for that and buying the current (will then be the old) one at discounts makes sense. The car really is my pick in the segment and you really cannot go wrong with it. Well balanced ride for a light hatchback, oh so chuck-able nature, rev happy petrol unit, impressive 0-100 times because of its power to weight ratio, all black interiors, the uni-directional alloys, just the looks overall, never gets old

Had booked a torque blue Swift as a fail-safe back in 2012 when we were on the lookout for a car that could impress us. HOWEVER, the only issue I had with the 1.2K-series motor in the Swift, was its poor low end grunt which made city driving a bit of a pain (perhaps I'm used to better? idk) So I'd suggest waiting for the facelift, (due sometime this summer) buying a Swift from existing stocks that dealers will try to push with big discounts, fitting a cold air intake, and ringing up the guys at tune-o-tronics for a remap, with the change (either save the rest of the money for petrol cause with a remap it will take a while to get over how nice the performs, or get some good speakers and an amp installed)

Cheers!

Last edited by IshaanIan : 9th March 2014 at 11:15.
Old 9th March 2014, 16:31   #39
BHPian

Thanks a lot Zulfi and Ishaan,

Yes Swift is a no-brainer and I actually like the looks of that car too. If only it was closer to 6 lacs, than 7 lacs. Also I won't be doing much of city driving so low end torque should not be a problem I hope
Old 10th June 2014, 17:01   #40
BHPian

Dear Bhpian's, Need your help in resolving my purchase decision:
I have seen a used Fiesta 1.6 SXI 2007 model; run 65k kms, have negotiated the deal to 2.25 lakh. Is this is a good deal?

The car has a scratch on the left door. My mechanic gave a green signal after inspecting under the hood.

Having owned a Ford Ikon in the past and issues faced (Fuel pump kaput,AC malfunction, unpredictable electric problems) am a little finicky in proceeding with this deal.
My Requirements:
- Used Sedan - Preferably petrol considering the distance of 20 to 25 kms per day and occasional highway driving with family of 5
- In city FE is not really a concern;
- Car should be reliable
- Max budget - 2.3 to 2.5 lakh

Would the Fiesta be a good buy?
Old 10th June 2014, 19:06   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikoner_03 View Post

I have seen a used Fiesta 1.6 SXI 2007 model; run 65k kms, have negotiated the deal to 2.25 lakh. Is this is a good deal?

The car has a scratch on the left door. My mechanic gave a green signal after inspecting under the hood.

Having owned a Ford Ikon in the past and issues faced (Fuel pump kaput,AC malfunction, unpredictable electric problems) am a little finicky in proceeding with this deal.

My Requirements:

- Used Sedan - Preferably petrol considering the distance of 20 to 25 kms per day and occasional highway driving with family of 5

- Car should be reliable

The Fiesta Classic is a really good car. In fact I still own the 2006 model petrol and has done 1.1K Kms. It has seldom given me any issues unroll last month when it's fan motor gave way. It seems to be a known issue as my friend's car had a similar issue.

The price point seems to be fine for the SXI variant. Does it have ABS and airbags? Check for tyres. At 65000 Kms it probably is on it's first set. I changed mine at 63000 Kms. It could require a replacement an will cost you around 15 K.

I would recommend you to ask for the service history or better still get it from Ford service centres.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 00:04   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

My Requirements:
- Car should be reliable

I picked up a 2006 sxi, no airbags, abs,done 46k (not true, as I now believe) in 2010 for 2.6.
By the math, the price seems way too much, unless, somehow, fords, that too petrol, have really started holding value.
But as a good car, I'm still struggling to find anything that I would want to replace it with.

Last edited by mayankk : 11th June 2014 at 00:05.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 11:36   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The price seems good, going by Bangalore rates. Delhi rates are lower for all used cars because their Road Tax is way lesser than Karnataka or AP.

Carwale lists a price of 2.57 to 3.08 lakhs for a March 2007 sxi 1.6 with ABS. Do check if the car has ABS on it, as that came as standard only from end of Feb 2007.
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 12:56   #44
BHPian

@ Arjun: Thanks for the inputs bro.

Does it have ABS and airbags?
ABS yes. Thats what the badge at the rear says. Haven't had a chance to check in detail.

Check for tyres. At 65000 Kms it probably is on it's first set. I changed mine at 63000 Kms. It could require a replacement an will cost you around 15 K.

Tyres look new. OEM sized tyres have been added.

I would recommend you to ask for the service history or better still get it from Ford service centres.

Would be checking with Lathangi today on the service history. Thanks to their sticker.

@Mayankk: Can you believe I sold my Zen (Picked up after loss of Ikon) to get back to another Ford! I loved flooring the pedal on this one. Loved the monstrous pick up.

Vnabhi: The car in question is an August 2007 mfg car, am assuming its got ABS. I would be visiting the dealer today to cross verify this and also investigate on service history from lathangi.

There is some connect with Ford cars, I don't find these in other brands. Having owned 2 Maruti's in the past, you dont get that feel/feedback that Ikon or Fiesta provides.
Ikoner_03 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 13:10   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is some connect with Ford cars, I don't find these in other brands.
That 'connect' prevails only in Ford cars that came from the European continent; the perfect balance of chassis weight, handling and ride.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks