Team-BHP > What Car?

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2014, 00:00   #16
BHPian

Re: Ford: Fiesta Classic or Figo?

Thanks a lot Zulfi.

Dear All,

I need your inputs again! Just when I finalised on the Fiesta Petrol, I got to know that I might have to drive 90 km/day for next 3 years!! (and not 1 year as previously said). Which means the Petrol Fiesta is almost out.
Between the Diesel Fiesta and Diesel Figo, how better is the ride and handling in Fiesta compared to Figo? Or, are they almost same, being based on similar platforms etc? Is the Fiesta Diesel's 2 lac extra price compared to Diesel Figo justified? Boot is not important for me. So I am only concerned about Ride and Handling, coz the engines are same as well
Old 27th February 2014, 00:08   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageshgr View Post
Thanks a lot Zulfi.

Dear All,

I need your inputs again! Just when I finalised on the Fiesta Petrol, I got to know that I might have to drive 90 km/day for next 3 years!! (and not 1 year as previously said). Which means the Petrol Fiesta is almost out.
Between the Diesel Fiesta and Diesel Figo, how better is the ride and handling in Fiesta compared to Figo? Or, are they almost same, being based on similar platforms etc? Is the Fiesta Diesel's 2 lac extra price compared to Diesel Figo justified? Boot is not important for me. So I am only concerned about Ride and Handling, coz the engines are same as well
Sorry to know that you have to miss out on the 1.6.

The Classic now more or less have its parts from the Figo bin.
Therefore, the handling should be the same on both the cars. The Figo would be slightly better and more fun due to it being smaller.
Ride will be the same again.

If the boot is not important to you, I would suggest the Figo. You can upgrade the tires as well to 185/65 14 which will improve the handling and ride a bit.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 00:29   #18
BHPian

Thank you very much @Tharian.

So the Figo it is then. Also, is there any other Diesel option I can consider ~6 lacs on-road? Ride and handling and driving pleasure is still a priority. The Polo, Punto and even Swift are too costly, compared to Figo. And Chevy Beat albeit cheap, I am sure is dull to drive.

So regarding Value for Money and Ride, handling, steering feedback etc, I don't think Figo Diesel can be beat by any other car. Please correct me if I am wrong guys

Last edited by rageshgr : 27th February 2014 at 00:39.
Old 27th February 2014, 01:28   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Handling is quite different on both cars. The figo feels much nippier, but you feel much much more planted in the fiesta.
However, since the fiesta has already been eliminated, you really don't have anything right now in the market that can compare to the figo. Very safe bet that she'll keep you happy.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 04:11   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesc View Post
+1. Checkout the second hand cars. Ford doesn't have much resale value. Checkout this 1.6S with a decent kms run in Team-bhp classifieds itself. The advt has been active since 2 months and looks like not yet sold, so give it a shot with your quote highlighting the recent price corrections and try your luck.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...d/Fiesta.html/
If at all you are going for a used Fiesta Petrol, by all means I would urge you to go for this one. It is probably one of the best kept 1.6S in the country. The owner is also a gem of a person and has done some very sensible mods on the car to make it a true petrolhead drool material.
swarnava.m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 08:19   #21
Senior - BHPian

The Figo does feel a little more chuckable, but you feel like you are sitting right where you ought to in the Fiesta and that weight distribution helps you feel a little more integral to the cars handling capabilities. I cannot explain this, but it is something only a sedan can give you over a hatchback. Slap on some S.Drives and better brake pads and even in the diesel, I guarantee you will have a blast round bendy roads

Does it justify the difference in price, well mate we could have bought a lovely automatic diesel car when we were in the market and considering we did 25000km in a year, it does make sense. However, I still told my dad that we ought to go for a car with a good chassis, a lovely naturally aspirated petrol heart and a good old manual gearbox. Even if it is only once a year that we do a road trip which covers twisty mountain roads, even if it is only once in a quarter where I truly get to flex the cars muscles and show some toff in a diesel 3 series why petrol is the way to go, even if it is only once in a while when roads are clear and I get to enter a round-a-bout at something like 80, drop the car into 3rd attack the circle and exit it gracefully, even if only 150 of those 25000 kilometers were soulful, I'm the kind of guy who lives for that one percent. So don't ask me

Last edited by IshaanIan : 27th February 2014 at 08:24.
IshaanIan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 09:35   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you very much @Tharian.

So the Figo it is then. Also,
Go for the Titanium version apart from the safety kit - Airbags, ABS, EBD - i have heard that brakes on the Titanium version are from the Fiesta with larger front rotors and drums at the rear with more stopping power. The brakes on the lesser variants i have heard comes from the Ikon with smaller rotors and drums.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 19:32   #23
BHPian

Thanks Shankar, Titanium may be too out of my budget I am afraid. My budget will fit only LXI or EXI at t max
Old 27th February 2014, 20:37   #24
Senior - BHPian

Never compromise on safety mate, I think you should stretch a little and get the one that comes with the basic safety features of the ABS/Airbags.

Quote:
Thanks Shankar, Titanium may be too out of my budget I am afraid. My budget will fit only LXI or EXI at t max
anachronix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 22:22   #25
BHPian

Quote:
I don't know your driving style but please go in for the Titanium version . If not for the safety features , at least for the brakes the car deserves .

Even i had similar budget constraints during my purchase and ABS+EBD has saved my life once on the highway . Life is priceless . Your call .

Cheers
icyspikey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 22:35   #26
Senior - BHPian

Between the Figo and the Classic, I'd choose the latter, if budget was not a constraint. Further, there are good discounts on the Classic. I read somewhere on this forum that someone got a Classic Titanium diesel for around 8 lakhs OTR. This is merely a lakh more than the top end Figo diesel.

I own both Fiesta and Figo, but the former is a petrol. I find the qualtiy is top notch in the former, while the Figo is so so. My service advisor told me before buying the Figo that I should lower my expectations, and not go by my Fiesta experience. He frankly said that for a difference of 2 lakhs, there is indeed a drop in quality. He also said I should expect niggles very often, which they would fix, but would recur in a few weeks.

Despite that, I bought the Figo as budget was a constraint. Though the Figo drives and handles well, the odd creaks from the rear over bumps and the squeak when releasing the brake pedal are proof of drop in quality. The rear left mud flap has fallen off twice! My Fiesta still runs on the 7-year old mud flaps.My SA's words keep echoing in my thoughts when I hear those niggles.

The only items where the Figo scores are the ICE that plays mp3, usb, etc and has a bluetooth connection. Auto-locking doors is another plus. But I think the new Classic has these features, at least on the top end version.

Best of luck in your decision making.
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 22:40   #27
BHPian

Thanks guys, ah:( now I would be so guilty if I don't buy ABS EBD. But it is 1.2 lacs above my budget and I am not going for loan either. Even the chevy beat diesel with abs is 6.9 otr. Time for some rumination. My driving style is fast yet smooth. Mostly highways around >100 kph. So of course brakes are important
Old 2nd March 2014, 21:12   #28
BHPian

Guys,

It seems my long travel will be for only 1 year after all. And, I considered your concerns around safety. Hence, I have two questions. My Budget is around 6 lacs OTR.

1. Will buying a Ford classic 1.6 LXi be too dangerous as it is a fast car with no ABS/EBD/Airbag

If you think that Ford Classic 1.6 LXi is too poor in the safety department, then, which of the following hatches will meet my criteria of good ride and handling while being fun to drive with safety features
1. Ford Figo Petrol Titanium (Petrol engine too under-powered?)
2. A-Star ZXI Opt (Interiors too small?)
3. Nissan Micra XV Safety ( Is the setup too dull to drive?)
4. Chevy Sail U-VA 1.2 Petrol LS ABS (Again too dull to drive?)
5. Honda Brio VX (Read ride too choppy?)

Is there any other options I can consider?

Last edited by rageshgr : 2nd March 2014 at 21:24.
Old 2nd March 2014, 21:57   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

It seems my long travel will be for only 1 year after all. And, I considered your concerns around safety. Hence, I have two questions. My Budget is around 6 lacs OTR.

1. Will buying a Ford classic 1.6 LXi be too dangerous as it is a fast car with no ABS/EBD/Airbag

If you think that Ford Classic 1.6 LXi is too poor in the safety department, then, which of the following hatches will meet my criteria of good ride and handling while being fun to drive with safety features
1. Ford Figo Petrol Titanium (Petrol engine too under-powered?)
2. A-Star ZXI Opt (Interiors too small?)
3. Nissan Micra XV Safety ( Is the setup too dull to drive?)
4. Chevy Sail U-VA 1.2 Petrol LS ABS (Again too dull to drive?)
5. Honda Brio VX (Read ride too choppy?)

Is there any other options I can consider?
Well it's good to know that the champagne of the motoring world is back on the cards I love the Fiesta, but honestly I really cannot recommend something that expensive without atleast ABS.

Figo is brilliant but that weeny motor will make you curse your way through every journey and actually make you consider running over people instead of having to break and accelerate all over again

A-Star while good, is small and if you can afford better, why be so harsh on yourself mate?

Micra is the safest out there but why loose out on the fun to drive factor?

Chevy Sail, err... how about no.

Brio, Bingo! if you can live with the poor low-end torque, go for it. It seems to me like the perfect alternative or rather the only alternative (which really isn't a bad thing at all) given all the facts now. Cute, chuck-able car with loads of personality which is hard to come by in modern Hondas (no offense meant to anyone) please tell me you're getting one in blue, just love that colour.

Cheers!

Last edited by IshaanIan : 2nd March 2014 at 21:59.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2014, 23:32   #30
BHPian

Thank you very much Ishaanlaan. If only the Figo had the Brio engine :/

Most Viewed