Team-BHP > What Car?

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2014, 13:50   #76

Re: Maruti Celerio AMT or Hyundai Grand i10 Automatic vs Others

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Sorry if I am going offtopic but while doing some research on AT cars, I was also appalled to see that in Hyundai for both the Grand i10 and i20, the AT models did not have 2 Airbags. Even when the AT commands higher prices.
Yes, it is indeed shocking. It should be provided atleast as an optional extra. Maruti should have also included it in Celerio. It is disappointing that we still dont have an AT car that is safe, fun to drive and affordable
Old 1st July 2014, 15:37   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvkrishnan View Post
Yes, it is indeed shocking. It should be provided atleast as an optional extra. Maruti should have also included it in Celerio. It is disappointing that we still dont have an AT car that is safe, fun to drive and affordable
Brio's VXAT trim certainly has ABS and Airbag and is supposed to be fun to drive. Whether it's affordable or not comes down to the individual but it certainly meets the other criteria.
Old 17th July 2014, 11:43   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
Brio's VXAT trim certainly has ABS and Airbag and is supposed to be fun to drive. Whether it's affordable or not comes down to the individual but it certainly meets the other criteria.
I have finally booked a MICRA yesterday! Test drove it and with the safety and other features packed, this car was the best choice for me. Hope the service levels improve!
Old 21st July 2014, 17:02   #79
BHPian

Quote:
I have finally booked a MICRA yesterday! Test drove it and with the safety and other features packed, this car was the best choice for me. Hope the service levels improve!
Would you mind sharing the OTR in Bangalore and the delivery timelines, please?
Old 21st July 2014, 17:38   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkuz View Post
Would you mind sharing the OTR in Bangalore and the delivery timelines, please?
Hi - I just moved to Chennai recently. Have booked it here - 7.45 OTR with max 1 month delivery time - am pushing them for something quicker
Old 25th July 2014, 19:14   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Hi - I just moved to Chennai recently. Have booked it here - 7.45 OTR with max 1 month delivery time - am pushing them for something quicker

Please try posting an Initial ownership review (with lots of pics :P). I am also at crossroads of which automatic hatchback to buy and am thoroughly confused. Mine is gonna be city driving but my heart doesn't want to exclude safety features from the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 12th August 2014, 19:48   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry if I am going offtopic but while doing some research on AT cars, I was also appalled to see that in Hyundai for both the Grand i10 and i20, the AT models did not have 2 Airbags. Even when the AT commands higher prices.

1.2 Kappa Dual VTVT 4-Speed Automatic Asta has optional abs + airbags as per hyundai website.

Last edited by subscrive : 12th August 2014 at 19:50.
Old 19th August 2014, 15:36   #83
BHPian

Used Automatic Under 5 Lakh. Which Ones To Consider?

I am planning to buy an automatic and in new cars I am considering Grand i10 Sportz/Asta. But simultaneously I am also checking older cars, may be get a decent deal and save some money too.
I keep searching for cars on carwale, cartrade, olx, quikr and such. I am not really keen on getting a sedan as it will be city only car.
Also I am considering the "famous" pre-owned car dealers like Mahindra First choice and such.
I am located in Mumbai and as of today, some of the used automatic options I have seen on sale are as follows...

2011 Hyundai i10 Sportz 1.2 AT Kappa2 -> http://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-...i-i10-d614210/

2010 Hyundai i20 Asta 1.4 (AT) -> http://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-...-2010-d607637/

2010 Hyundai i10 Sportz 1.2 AT -> http://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-...-2010-d593445/

2011 Hyundai i10 Sportz 1.2 AT Kappa2 -> http://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-...i-i10-d612913/

2010 Hyundai i10 Sportz 1.2 AT Kappa2 -> http://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-...i-i10-d609099/

Coincidentally, all of them are Hyundais.
Is it worth going with dealers like Mahindra First choice etc which provide warranty ? Are the prices high and if yes how much percentage of the listed price is a good price to pay ?
Is high mileage a concern with automatics ?
Old 19th August 2014, 16:06   #84
Team-BHP Support

Re: Used Automatic Under 5 Lakh. Which Ones To Consider?

Quote:
I am planning to buy an automatic and in new cars I am considering Grand i10 Sportz/Asta. But simultaneously I am also checking older cars, may be get a decent deal and save some money too.
I keep searching for cars on carwale, cartrade, olx, quikr and such. I am not really keen on getting a sedan as it will be city only car.
Also I am considering the "famous" pre-owned car dealers like Mahindra First choice and such.
I am located in Mumbai and as of today, some of the used automatic options I have seen on sale are as follows...

2011 Hyundai i10 Sportz 1.2 AT Kappa2 -> http://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-...i-i10-d614210/

2010 Hyundai i20 Asta 1.4 (AT) -> http://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-...-2010-d607637/

2010 Hyundai i10 Sportz 1.2 AT -> http://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-...-2010-d593445/

2011 Hyundai i10 Sportz 1.2 AT Kappa2 -> http://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-...i-i10-d612913/

2010 Hyundai i10 Sportz 1.2 AT Kappa2 -> http://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-...i-i10-d609099/

Coincidentally, all of them are Hyundais.
Is it worth going with dealers like Mahindra First choice etc which provide warranty ? Are the prices high and if yes how much percentage of the listed price is a good price to pay ?
For a used car, your first preference should always be an individual seller. There's hardly an organised used-car dealer (big names included) who has an unblemished reputation (horror stories on this very forum if you search a bit).

There are innumerable ways of tampering with a car to make it look better than it is (or mask its negatives), so keep your eyes and mind open and inspect everything minutely. Everything else offered (warranty, free services, free blah blah) is pointless if the car is no good, so don't fall for the 'organised dealer' tricks. Do your homework and pay a fair price (a small premium is justified if a certain car exceeds expectations).

Good luck with your purchase!

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 19th August 2014 at 16:09.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 16:19   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

If you are not really constrained by the budget, I would recommend going for a new car. In the ~7L Range you have the Grand i10, Brio, Micra and Celerio (which is the cheapest). In the used AT hatch market only i10 has been around long enough and also sold in decent numbers to be available in the used car market (Even that would be limited). Your other choice would be the A-Star AT.

If you are open to a sedan, then you should be able to get a 3-4 year old Honda City AT in the 5 L range. A honda AT should give you equal or better mileage than the i10AT

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 19th August 2014 at 16:20.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 16:30   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
If you are not really constrained by the budget, I would recommend going for a new car. In the ~7L Range you have the Grand i10, Brio, Micra and Celerio (which is the cheapest). In the used AT hatch market only i10 has been around long enough and also sold in decent numbers to be available in the used car market (Even that would be limited). Your other choice would be the A-Star AT.

If you are open to a sedan, then you should be able to get a 3-4 year old Honda City AT in the 5 L range. A honda AT should give you equal or better mileage than the i10AT
Since the car will be driven in Mumbai city, I am not really keen on a sedan, want to have a hatchback for easy(ier) parking and maneuverability.
I am not adamant on used cars. It is just an option I am considering. And yes you are right that most listings are of i10 AT and few of i20 AT.
In sedans, there are tons of Honda City everywhere.
A-star AT is a unicorn and have not really seen in used market much.

Grand i10 AT is being considered as of now but someone on this very forum mentioned in the official review thread about the AT being scrapped.

I have seen Brio but its simple dashboard and lack of adequate boot put us off.

Celerio I am not sure how much is the waiting times.
Old 19th August 2014, 17:11   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I would second rajeevraj and highly recommend the Honda City AT. It's a fantastic city car and utterly reliable. I owned own and would thoroughly recommend it, eyes wide shut. The i10/i20 might be easier to drive/park, but the City AT is better in every way imaginable, not least of all mileage. The 'i' siblings give terrible mileage. Ask me, I own an i20 AT

Quote:
Don't go with used car dealers, try and get it off an individual seller. You'll get a better price and more peace of mind as well. In particular, Mahindra First Choice can be quite the chors. Search for them on the forum and you'll see what I mean.

Quote:
Grand i10 AT is being considered as of now but someone on this very forum mentioned in the official review thread about the AT being scrapped.

I have seen Brio but its simple dashboard and lack of adequate boot put us off.

Celerio I am not sure how much is the waiting times.
Of the new lot of cars, I'd recommend the Celerio, but it's very austere and waiting periods are quite high, running into several months. The Brio is plain jane, I'd pick the Grand i10 over it any day, but it too will be a thirsty car, much like its siblings. All things said and done, I find myself turning to the City as my car of choice for the much money, and I really think you should take a look at it.
Old 19th August 2014, 17:14   #88
D4D
BHPian

Quote:

Firstly, if you can live with the i20, you can live with a compact sedan. Less than 50mm difference, I guarantee it.

Look at the Zest diesel.

First thing, it all depends on your use. Expect the pre-owned car to have bigger maintenance bills. High mileage is not a big concern. Something like a 40k km is ok.

Best bit about pre-owned automatics: you can bargain hard.

You can use the car for a maximum of 5-6 years and dispose it. And buy pre-owned if you plan to relocate elsewhere in a few years.

Buying a new model is better if usage is high. Buy a new AT car now and use it for the next 10-12 years.
Old 19th August 2014, 17:14   #89
BHPian

@iliketurtles

If Honda City (or for that matter any car in AT), how much back in terms of years should I consider ? And what about the Kilometers done ?
I really do not want to buy old 2005 and such Honda City cars.

@D4D

Usage will not be high. May be 1000 Kms or less per month. At least this is what I see currently.

Last edited by raksrules : 19th August 2014 at 17:15.
Old 19th August 2014, 23:34   #90
Senior - BHPian

If you can find any new Nissan Micra CVTs in the used car market, nothing like it. Easiest car to drive in cities IMO.

Most Viewed