Team-BHP > What Car?

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2014, 23:53   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
@iliketurtles

If Honda City (or for that matter any car in AT), how much back in terms of years should I consider ? And what about the Kilometers done ?
I really do not want to buy old 2005 and such Honda City cars

To give you an idea, I picked up a 2009 Honda City S automatic for 6.5 lakhs in 2011. It had run just 18,000 kms, which is nothing for a Honda. Now that that generation of the City is outdated, the prices on it will be even better.

Take a look around, I'm pretty certain that you won't be shopping for 2005 model City's!
Old 20th August 2014, 08:45   #92
BHPian

Re: Used Automatic Under 5 Lakh. Which Ones To Consider?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
To give you an idea, I picked up a 2009 Honda City S automatic for 6.5 lakhs in 2011. It had run just 18,000 kms, which is nothing for a Honda. Now that that generation of the City is outdated, the prices on it will be even better.

Take a look around, I'm pretty certain that you won't be shopping for 2005 model City's!
I was at one point actually tempted to see the 2005 and such Honda City ATs but then with 9/10 year old cars, I am very reluctant so as to not have surprises later.
Old 20th August 2014, 10:31   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Coincidentally, all of them are Hyundais.
Is high mileage a concern with automatics ?
You should give the 2011 i10 automatics a miss. I drove one of those for a few months. The biggest issue is the archaic 4speed Auto Transmission coupled with very poor fuel economy, hovering between 8/10 kmpl in the city. Then again, your running is going to be pretty low and you are going to use it as a city runabout so these things don't matter. Test drive one and see if you like it.

I would look at at a car with a better automatic transmission. The Micra and the Brio are the ones to go for. Nothing beats an AT hatchback for convenience in the city.
Old 20th August 2014, 10:32   #94
BHPian

I recently picked up a used i10 autobox (not grand), which had run for a year and 8000 kms on the odo. The mileage is nothing great, just about 9 KMS in the city. However my reasons were
a. Wifey wanted an auto for driving comfort
b. City use
c. Small car so that parking is easy, (Important in Bangalore)

I already have a Honda City - 3rd Gen. Overall, I am happy with the car except for its mileage. It has enough boot space, parking is a breeze and although not a driver's car, still packs decent enough punch for the local school and market trips plus moving around in the city. Also Hyundai service in Bangalore is excellent, so no problems there too! The last but not the least reason was, it was available as a company lease transfer.
Old 20th August 2014, 10:58   #95
BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to buy an automatic and in new cars I am considering Grand i10 Sportz/Asta. But simultaneously I am also checking older cars, may be get a decent deal and save some money too.
I keep searching for cars on carwale, cartrade, olx, quikr and such. I am not really keen on getting a sedan as it will be city only car.
Also I am considering the "famous" pre-owned car dealers like Mahindra First choice and such.
I am located in Mumbai and as of today, some of the used automatic options I have seen on sale are as follows...

2011 Hyundai i10 Sportz 1.2 AT Kappa2 -> http://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-...i-i10-d614210/

2010 Hyundai i20 Asta 1.4 (AT) -> http://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-...-2010-d607637/

2010 Hyundai i10 Sportz 1.2 AT -> http://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-...-2010-d593445/

2011 Hyundai i10 Sportz 1.2 AT Kappa2 -> http://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-...i-i10-d612913/

2010 Hyundai i10 Sportz 1.2 AT Kappa2 -> http://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-...i-i10-d609099/

Coincidentally, all of them are Hyundais.
Is it worth going with dealers like Mahindra First choice etc which provide warranty ? Are the prices high and if yes how much percentage of the listed price is a good price to pay ?
Is high mileage a concern with automatics ?
Wow, there must be a huge margin being pocketed. My wife drives an i10 AT 2011, 18000 km, still within extended warranty. When I enquired with a used car agency, I got a sense I would'nt get a penny above 3.5 lacs. So, using it for a year more.

BTW, lower the mileage, the better it usually is like any wear-and-tear item.
Old 20th August 2014, 13:08   #96
Senior - BHPian

A colleague of mine has got a 2007 Corolla AT at just shy of 4 lacs.

The car was in good condition and mechanically solid. Run about 58K.
If you are ok with a sedan with some mileage on the odo, Corolla could be a good choice. He converted it into a CNG and gets 15 km/kg on gas and about 10 kmpl on petrol.

Be wary of expensive repairs though.
Old 20th August 2014, 13:49   #97
BHPian

Just FYI, the rates on the links you have provided are atrocious, ensure you negotiate well. You are looking at price points of 3.5 Lacs for a 2011 Sportz AT. Asta, while rare would not command much of a premium as well.

I got a 2011 i10 Sportz AT earlier this year as well. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...hp-mumbai.html
Old 20th August 2014, 14:27   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
Just FYI, the rates on the links you have provided are atrocious, ensure you negotiate well. You are looking at price points of 3.5 Lacs for a 2011 Sportz AT. Asta, while rare would not command much of a premium as well.

I got a 2011 i10 Sportz AT earlier this year as well. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...hp-mumbai.html
You are actually right. The rates are infact very atrocious and I too thought that 4.45 Lakh and such for used i10 AT is just too much. I shall look if I can score any (from individual buyer) in the range you mentioned.
Dropping plan of visiting the dealer for the i10 (broker dalal).

And yes it will be city car only and if you can call it highway then it will be driven on WEH in Mumbai.

Thanks for all the inputs people and telling me what a proper price would be. I am a gullible buyer (since never owned car) so for me to judge appropriate price is almost impossible. I will keep all the points mentioned here in mind when checking deals.

Found one more 2013 i10 AT Sportz - 4.85 Lakh

http://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-...i-i10-d614884/

Last edited by raksrules : 20th August 2014 at 14:55.
Old 20th August 2014, 17:15   #99
cnu
BHPian

Quote:
Found one more 2013 i10 AT Sportz - 4.85 Lakh

http://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-...i-i10-d614884/
Filter out on dealer posted ads and you should see some close to realistic prices.
Old 20th August 2014, 18:17   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnu View Post
Filter out on dealer posted ads and you should see some close to realistic prices.

How how would you say is a good price for this 2013 version with 8K on ODO ?

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 20th August 2014, 20:03   #101
BHPian

Sorry cannot update my last post hence this new post. Mods may merge with earlier post if needed.

Individual seller in Kandivali, Mumbai

i10 AT - 2010 model - 3.25L (before bargains). - 39K on the ODO

http://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-...i-i10-s542808/

ODO Reading is pretty high right ? I contacted the owner on whatsapp and she says it is her personal car and kept in best condition and servicing done every 3 months (??). Basically convincing statements. Bad part is there are no pics on the listing.

One more..

i10 AT - 2009 - 40K+ On ODO - 3.5L

http://www.cartrade.com/buy-used-car...AT/702394.html

Last edited by raksrules : 20th August 2014 at 20:06.
Old 20th August 2014, 21:06   #102
Senior - BHPian

That 2010 car looks like the better of the two deals, but there's scope to drive it further down since it's reasonably highly run.

Get the service history of the car from Hyundai, or show it to a trusted mechanic and let them check it out thoroughly if you're happy with a first drive/look of the car.
Old 20th August 2014, 21:16   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
That 2010 car looks like the better of the two deals, but there's scope to drive it further down since it's reasonably highly run.

Get the service history of the car from Hyundai, or show it to a trusted mechanic and let them check it out thoroughly if you're happy with a first drive/look of the car.
The lady actually gave me the car number on whatsapp and told me that I can check with Modi Hyundai in Mumbai (i guess Malad since her residence is in Kandivali). Can I put this car Number to any use before I plan to see the car?
Also how much is this bargainable ? Like till what price max is a decent price to pay.
Old 20th August 2014, 21:23   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The lady actually gave me the car number on whatsapp and told me that I can check with Modi Hyundai in Mumbai (i guess Malad since her residence is in Kandivali). Can I put this car Number to any use before I plan to see the car?
Also how much is this bargainable ? Like till what price max is a decent price to pay.
You can give Modi Hyundai a call and ask them for the service history. I reckon there shouldn't be any issue in them sharing it with you. You can do all this before you even see the car, you can even drop in and see the records for yourself since I doubt they'll email it to you. They can only tell so many details over the phone!

I reckon you can quote 2.5 lakhs as a start and go upwards to about 2.8. Resale on these cars are poor, I wouldn't be worried even if I missed out on this deal, there are plenty more in the market to see. If I were to pay a premium, it would be for a newer vintage of i10 that has run much less.
Old 21st August 2014, 13:26   #105
BHPian

iliketurtles and others

I called up Modi Hyundai today to ask for the car using the number provided by the lady. They mentioned that the front bumper was changed and windshield moulding was also changed.
They said they cannot send the report in email but i can come over to their place and check it. I plan to do so on saturday.
Also they quoted 400 + Tax for car health checkup. No idea what all they will check.
Front bumper change is a concern for me as it can point to accident. I am yet to ask the owner but I am hoping the service history may have mention of what happened.
Or is it a chance that the insurance allowed replacement so the lady must have opted for a complete change rather than fixing it ?
Also what does windshield moulding change signify ?
They did confirm that all servicing of the car has been done in their workshop (Goregaon west near Sarovar Hotel) and 3 more servicing are remaining (part of their AMC)

Last edited by raksrules : 21st August 2014 at 13:28.

Most Viewed