Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2014, 11:12   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: CUV Wars: EcoSport vs Avventura vs Cross Polo vs Liva Cross vs Premier Rio

At 3985mm, shouldn't Mahindra Quanto also feature in this comparison?
  • I may never buy a CUV at all in my lifetime, but If I put myself in the shoes of a buyer, Ecosport will be the first priority purely because it was born as a CUV. All others were turned into a CUV.
  • The Avventura is the next best thing out there. The highest GC in this segment, the best driving experience, competitive pricing are all some nice things that work for it
  • If someone just loves Cubes, he can go for The Quanto. Whenever I see it, I feel as though a couple of 2mX2mX2m boxes are placed one beside the other.
  • Rio, for me, looks like a cheap vehicle built by students for their engineering project
  • The other 2 cross-vehicles doesn't make sense to me at all - their normal variants are way better choices.
Old 30th October 2014, 11:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quanto is a vehicle which should never have come into existence.

The market response agrees to my reaction. I have heard good things about the MCR100 engine though. It would be great if it is plonked in the Vibe and other CUV's coming from Mahindra (isnt that obvious!!!)
Old 4th November 2014, 18:04   #18
Senior - BHPian

Avventura and Ecosport compared. The video makes Avventura look like a shoddy job.
Old 5th November 2014, 08:04   #19
Team-BHP Support

CUV Wars: EcoSport vs Avventura vs Cross Polo vs Liva Cross vs Premier Rio

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
Avventura and Ecosport compared. The video makes Avventura look like a shoddy job.

And then they release the timing figures which tell a different story compared to what the lady says-

Acceleration timings- Avventura is faster till 80 kmph.

CUV Wars: EcoSport vs Avventura vs Cross Polo vs Liva Cross vs Premier Rio-imageuploadedbyteambhp1415154642.739606.jpg

Roll-on figures- Well ahead.

CUV Wars: EcoSport vs Avventura vs Cross Polo vs Liva Cross vs Premier Rio-imageuploadedbyteambhp1415154666.999031.jpg
* Note- Avventura on the left. Source- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3572287

At one place she says Avventura steering is nice and has a mechanical feel to it. And then she says it is inconsistent and Ecosport steering is better. We all know Ecosport has a Hyundai'ish steering unlike other Ford cars. She even found skid plates on the ford!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 5th November 2014 at 08:10.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2014, 03:25   #20
BHPian

I believe it has already been established that the competition is between the Ecosport and Avventura. Rest of them don't stand a chance , at least not as a CUV (Polo GT Tdi is in the same price bracket though)

Ecosport vs Avventura

Advantage of Ecosport over Avventura
  • Its a size bigger,better road presence
  • features
  • ICE
  • fuel economy and a slightly better engine (debatable)
  • variants and engine options
  • safety features

Advantage of Avventura over Ecosport
  • Ride quality and handling
  • turbo lag reduced (please correct me if am wrong in this aspect)
  • Priced 1 lac lesser
  • better build quality

Summary

Well its confusing. At first glance the Ecosport seems the better package , however once I analysed the pricing of the vehicles(there is a class difference) the Avventura is more VFM and it outshines the Ecosport in some departments too.
It also got me thinking ie for rupees 1 lac premium can I get all that is missing in the Avventura from the Ecosport?, I don't think so.(I maybe wrong)
One could argue about quality over quantity, however it may not be as good as Fiat but the Ecosport is also a solid build unlike the figo/fiesta.

So there it is , To each his own

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks