Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2016, 16:36   #106
BHPian

Re: Dependable pre-owned Barges & Luxury Cars for Rs. 10-15 Lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post

What is your budget and what are you looking for exactly if I may ask?
You know, I am actually a little confused. What I'm trying to replace is my SX4 and for the time being I don't want to invest a lot of money on a car, so my budget would be 4-5L tops. This car will be my daily driver with frequent (twice-thrice a month) Pune-Mumbai-Pune trips. The urge to replace a perfectly fine working car is, lack of safety features and boredom.
Old 1st February 2016, 22:18   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
You know, I am actually a little confused. What I'm trying to replace is my SX4 and for the time being I don't want to invest a lot of money on a car, so my budget would be 4-5L tops. This car will be my daily driver with frequent (twice-thrice a month) Pune-Mumbai-Pune trips. The urge to replace a perfectly fine working car is, lack of safety features and boredom.
Well if it is a D segment daily driver on a 5L budget, I'd say stick to something like the CRV or XTrail. Basically softroaders that will allow you to escape from the regular maintenance bills like suspension linkage bits and bobs that would come from owning most low slung sedan in India, namely the Accord, while at the same time offering you near similar levels of refinement and luxury. Besides, the Accord is no great handler so not really losing out on much
Old 14th May 2017, 22:19   #108

Hi

i am looking to buy D1/D2 sement sedan with a budget of 12-15 lac in Bangalore. Really struggling to find a Superb/CRV/Octavia (this is the current consideration set, not necessarily the final set) which is 2--3 years old with less than 30-40k driven.. Is it just me or there are a very few options avaialable in Bangalore? I have checked OLX, Gaddi, Carwale, BHP classifieds etc.. is there something missing

i am getting a couple of BMW options for 70k driven for 2010 model-- have not physically checked the car, and while BMW does seem like a good option in my budget is 7 years old a decent bet?

Also there are car lease companies which lease out to corporates for 3 years and post 3 years sell off the car. is there a way to approach them -- i am assuming can get a good deal from those people

Recommendations/suggestions?
Old 15th May 2017, 08:15   #109
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by atul.mehta View Post
Also there are car lease companies which lease out to corporates for 3 years and post 3 years sell off the car. is there a way to approach them -- i am assuming can get a good deal from those people

The answer is hidden above, the leasing companies might have an "understanding" with various car dealers who might already have willing buyers so it is a seamless processof disposing the same and maintaining cashflow.

For your budget, you might only find Superb's with 50k in Bangalore at least. As for 70K BMW's, it all depends how well it has been maintained and used. If used on mainly in town, it might be an avoidable option. You also need to develop some non franchised resources to service your car as the dealer prices and parts will be high.
Old 15th May 2017, 10:00   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Hi

i am looking to buy D1/D2 sement sedan with a budget of 12-15 lac in Bangalore. Really struggling to find a Superb/CRV/Octavia (this is the current consideration set, not necessarily the final set) which is 2--3 years old with less than 30-40k driven.. Is it just me or there are a very few options avaialable in Bangalore? I have checked OLX, Gaddi, Carwale, BHP classifieds etc.. is there something missing

i am getting a couple of BMW options for 70k driven for 2010 model-- have not physically checked the car, and while BMW does seem like a good option in my budget is 7 years old a decent bet?

Even I have noticed it. There is hardly any business going on in luxury car segment in Bangalore since demonetization.

I was looking for 2012 and above 3 series F30. Just no options available in sane prices. Ultimately found one 2013, which the broker said final price 20L, red sportline. I was thrilled, only until I test drove it. It had done 71K kms, was not feeling tight, was almost feeling used and abused. I would never suggest you to buy any luxury car that has run more than 35-45K kms, and really cared for, irrespective of the age of the car, but preferably not older than 4 yrs.
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2017, 11:11   #111
BHPian

I've been a silent lurker on this thread for a couple of years now.

Here are my observations on the large barges. (1) They are far and few between especially the likes of well maintained Camrys, Accords, Superbs, CRVs, etc. (2) Most of these barges are parked with dealers who have bought them so low that they hang on to them for a long time to make a killing, one such dealer I know told me about a 2011 Accord with 14k on the odo he bought for 3L and is in no pressure to sell it under 7-8L, which means that he will wait for a 'bakra' to make that killing. (3) The owners of such barges are either senior execs or are company owned cars in both cases there is little interest in mining a deal or doing market research hence the easiest way is for a dealer to walk in with a wad of notes and walk out with the car. The normal public (you and me) never get to know of it. (4) Almost all the barges on websites like olx and carwale are dealers and not owners.
duke is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2017, 11:14   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi

You don't have access to DM hence posting this here- I have a 2010 Superb in great condition with a new DSG transmission installed last month incase you want to look at it.

There is also a E60 which are currently using(not selling yet) that is over 7 years old and the car is rock solid. If you find a E60 5 series that is a bit less driven go for it, they are reliable machines.

Car leasing in India has just never made sense, I am yet to come across a leasing deal that makes no economical sense that buying on EMI or outright and selling the car yourself.
Old 15th May 2017, 11:16   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke View Post
I've been a silent lurker on this thread for a couple of years now.

Here are my observations on the large barges. (1) They are far and few between especially the likes of well maintained Camrys, Accords, Superbs, CRVs, etc. (2) Most of these barges are parked with dealers who have bought them so low that they hang on to them for a long time to make a killing
So true. Especially with Accords and Superbs and these other sedans, you will either find them with used car dealers, or some poor bloke who would have bought the car second hand himself privy to the maintenance costs that would have to be incurred and would now be trying to sell it for as much as he can, if not the same price he paid for it with the car being in a more worn out mechanical condition. Very hard to find a perfect example of these big cars in India.
IshaanIan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2017, 19:56   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
You don't have access to DM hence posting this here- I have a 2010 Superb in great condition with a new DSG transmission installed last month incase you want to look at it.

There is also a E60 which are currently using(not selling yet) that is over 7 years old and the car is rock solid. If you find a E60 5 series that is a bit less driven go for it, they are reliable machines.

Car leasing in India has just never made sense, I am yet to come across a leasing deal that makes no economical sense that buying on EMI or outright and selling the car yourself.
hi Sahil. i am new to the forum. how do i send a DM? will connect with you to check out the superb.
Old 16th May 2017, 10:03   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Off-topic:

Quote:
...i am new to the forum. how do i send a DM?..
You need to complete 25 posts for the DM (Private Message) to activate.
Old 2nd July 2017, 17:43   #116
BHPian

USED INR 15 lakhs connundrum

Guys looking for another addition to the fleet. Will be primarily driven by my wife and myself. Looking at used options.

Actually have the entire gamut under consideration. Some of the choices are

1. Mercedes - C/E Class
2. BMW -3/5 Series/ X1
3. Audi A4/A6
4. Any Volvo
5. Toyota Fortuner/ Camry
6. Honda CRV/ Accord
7. NISSAN X-Trail/ Teana

My budget is INR 15 lakhs (upper limit) and dont want to spend more than IN 30-40K a year in maintenance. Running is about 4-5K a year

My initial thoughts - A 4-6 year German would fit in the budget. However not sure on the reliability aspect

Volvo would be willing but not many examples out there

Toyota Fortuner holds its value rather too well. Would prefer the newer CAMRY Model

Honda CRV/ Accord- Safe but boring options

NISSAN Teana seems exciting and cheap. However no idea on the spare parts/ maintenance.

Please through light on the conundrum. Preferably looking for a car 2011 onwards. Needs to be automatic (Mumbai Traffic) and should be relatively easy to maintain.

Okay with a Sedan or an SUV.

Guys please help. Feel Free to add anything i missed out.
Old 2nd July 2017, 17:48   #117
BHPian

I think you should look for less used examples from the D segment the Octavia TSI from 2013 onwards or the new Corolla Altis 2014 onwards or maybe even the Fluidic Elantra or Sonata. These would be easy on the pocket and would give u a peaceful ownership experience. The only German I feel u can get is the X1 as you can get 2011-2012 models with low mileage in that budget considering cars were sold at a huge discount at that time and it does not hold on to its value too much.
ToyotaFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2017, 17:58   #118
BHPian

Re: USED INR 15 lakhs connundrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
I think you should look for less used examples from the D segment the Octavia TSI from 2013 onwards or the new Corolla Altis 2014 onwards or maybe even the Fluidic Elantra or Sonata. These would be easy on the pocket and would give u a peaceful ownership experience. The only German I feel u can get is the X1 as you can get 2011-2012 models with low mileage in that budget considering cars were sold at a huge discount at that time and it does not hold on to its value too much.
Well have used a SKODA and BE before. Haven't had great experience with Either. Well Sonata is something I can look at. However it sold in really low numbers. Spares could be an issue. I am preferably looking at D+ segment.
Old 2nd July 2017, 19:01   #119
BHPian

Re: USED INR 15 lakhs connundrum

Well since it's gonna be self driven (by you and your wife) I'd suggest the 3 series hands down. There's nothing that can beat the performance of one in that range and price and you should be able to find some good examples around. The E90s are mostly reliable as they have pretty simple tech and since your location shows Mumbai there are a few companies which provides "extended warranty" for these cars

Last edited by AdiSinghV12 : 2nd July 2017 at 19:03.
AdiSinghV12 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2017, 19:03   #120
BHPian

You can look at A4, pretty reliabile and smooth.
Should get a good one from 2011/12 in that budget.
Octavia tsi is a great option too, has good legroom and much lesser on the pocket
About the Fortuner, IMO it is the worst car to buy 2nd hand because of a very high resale value plus only 4 speed automatic that is aged.
X1 petrol would come with a low mileage, you can look at that too
Mercedes should largely be avoided due to the obscene prices of service parts and repairs
dhruvritzed is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks