Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2015, 11:55   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Automatics under 10 Lakh OTR - A Comprehensive Guide (now with the Baleno & Ertiga)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishsingh View Post
Looks like all variants of TUV 300 with an AMT option will be below 10 lacs and thus in this list.
The T6 AMT at 8.56 Lakhs is in Polo GT TSI territory and will be around 10L OTR in most places. Will include that in the list. The top variant looks on par with the Ecosport (11-12L OTR). Will add that as part of the 10-15L list

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
Not sure whether this has been pointed out but the Nissan Micra X-shift actually comes with 4 Airbags and is the only car in this line up to have more than 2 airbags.
After reading this elsewhere, I had checked when preparing this. 4 airbags are available only in the XVP Variant which is available only in a diesel manual variant (As per website brochure). Have they introduced this recently in petrol AT?
Old 10th September 2015, 11:55   #32
BHPian

re: Automatics under 10 Lakh OTR - A Comprehensive Guide (now with the Baleno & Ertiga)

Adding the technical details of the Jazz CVT Manual vs Auto Tranny, This could help understand the ratios better.

Manual Transmission
1st 3.142
2nd 1.750
3rd 1.166
4th 0.857
5th 0.710
Reverse 3.230
Final Ratio 4.294

CVT
Low-High 2.367-0.407
Reverse 2.367-1.326
Gear ratio 4.333

For all considering the Jazz CVT, please read the kick back section.

Automatics under 10 Lakh OTR - A Comprehensive Guide (now with the Baleno & Ertiga)-jazz_cvt.png

Automatics under 10 Lakh OTR - A Comprehensive Guide (now with the Baleno & Ertiga)-jazz_cvt_1.png

Automatics under 10 Lakh OTR - A Comprehensive Guide (now with the Baleno & Ertiga)-jazz_cvt_2.png

Name:  Jazz_CVT_3.png
Views: 3528
Size:  19.4 KB

there is also a fantastic written article on CVT at the location in VTEC NET
http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=20071

Last edited by groom : 10th September 2015 at 11:57. Reason: added link
groom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 12:00   #33
BHPian

Wow Awesome information. I'm actually in market for a AT car below 10L. This has helped me a lot.

However I'm bit disappointed to see only 2 Diesel ATs. The Torque of all other ATs are so less. I guess from Enthusiast point of view I only have 3 options Zest, Polo and Aspire. Isn't it?
Very disappointing looking at the torque figures.
chaith.turbo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 12:47   #34

Superb review Rajeev....

This is the most awaited thread I have been longing for a while. I was actually thinking to ask the forum to suggest me on <10 Automatics.

I have been waiting for TUV 300 launch until today.... which falls under <10 but I am not sure if the 80BHP engine will give the punch.... They should have considered Quanto's engine.
shiva_s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 20:41   #35
BHPian

Excellent thread and very helpful. I own Nissan Micra and the observations are spot on. We bought this around 1.5 years back and no issues so far. Had a tough time when choosing the car back then and finally it came down to decide between the then newly launched Grandi10 and Micra. Honda was ruled out as the wife did not like the overall looks and I was never a big fan of AMT. Polo was ruled out due to the cost. Finally, we had to drop Grandi10 as well as it had no airbags and this was an area where we were not willing to compromise.

It was/is a stupid decision by Hyundai to not offer airbags for auto variants. Not sure what they were thinking.
skotha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 21:52   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaith.turbo View Post
Wow Awesome information. I'm actually in market for a AT car below 10L. This has helped me a lot.

However I'm bit disappointed to see only 2 Diesel ATs. The Torque of all other ATs are so less. I guess from Enthusiast point of view I only have 3 options Zest, Polo and Aspire. Isn't it?
Well, from a purely enthusiast point of view, you have only the Polo TSI. The Aspire is let down a bit by the 1.5 Engine (Still much better compared to the other 1.2 options) and the Zest would be let down by the AMT box which while good for convenience, is not a performance gearbox.

Some additional updates done. I had missed the Mahindra E20 in the list and with today's launch of the TUV 300, we get one more Diesel AT around the 10L mark. The T6+ variant will fall around 10L in most places.

The 1st page now contains the updated compare charts with these two added, and also have corrected a couple of errors pointed out.

Details on the Mahindra E20 (which was missed earlier) have been added too!

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th September 2015 at 15:36. Reason: Mentioning that the first page has been updated :)
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 23:36   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skotha View Post
Excellent thread and very helpful. I own Nissan Micra and the observations are spot on. We bought this around 1.5 years back and no issues so far.
How would you rate the servicing aspect. Considering that they now have only one center. Hope I have my facts right.

Last edited by krackr : 10th September 2015 at 23:42. Reason: Grammatical error in the last sentence.
Old 11th September 2015, 13:34   #38
BHPian

Great Compilation Rajeev! Impeccable details and information.

Just a few thoughts:

One of the main reasons the Automatics are not getting enough support in Indian market are Pricing and in some cases a lack of extended warranty.

By Pricing them about 1 - 1.5 lakhs above Top-end Manual variant, works against the mind of an average Indian customer. One would then put Money over Convenience when the decision comes down to Manual vs Automatic. I also see quite a number of manufacturers not very confident in giving Extended Warranty.

For instance, I did ask my salesperson from Hyundai on why an Extended Warranty is not offered for Hyundai Xcent AT? while its available on all Manual variants, mostly across all models available.

The Response: Sir, Hyundai is confident that AT Engines will not have any problems after the initial 2 years.

Well, I didn't buy it, that was quite a lame excuse for me. If they were so confident, wouldn't they still offer an extended warranty and try to make additional revenues out of it?

Well, Extended Warranty apart, I still went with the Xcent AT because of its Brand, Service Center (which are close to home), features offered on the car, AT's convenience over its Manual counterpart. Given that, I commute to office by the Office Cabs, my driving is mostly during the weekends which doesn't amount to more than 1000kms a month.

For many others though, these are deterrents and may push them away from ATs. Personally, Buying an AT has been a life-changer for me. Traffic situations are way more easier to handle and stress free.
vincyf1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 14:15   #39
BHPian

Awesome compilation Rajeevraj! I wish this was available to me 2 months back, although the end result would have been the same - with me going for the Polo DSG TSI combo. Mine cost below 10L - UP registration. So on an average, I think the Polo will be below 10L.

The only other contender for me was then Jazz, but the DSG took the cake!
prateekswarup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 15:40   #40
BHPian

Thanks for the compilation Raveejraj. With the affordable AT cars market picking up, this was a much needed thread.

Shouldn't the Polo GT TDI also fall into this list? In my knowledge, it's the same cost as the GT TSI. This will add another diesel 'fun to drive' car in the list.
anshumandun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 15:56   #41
Team-BHP Support

What an awesome thread and super detail. A fantastic ready reckoner on the captioned.

We've been loosely toying with the idea of replacing our 2009 City A/T with an A/T hatch (consciously want a hatch not sedan). The contenders are Grand i10 / Jazz / Polo.

Heart says Polo ... head says Jazz. Fiscal prudence says - chill bro and use your Honda a bit longer. Aaaarrrghhh !!

Last edited by Axe77 : 11th September 2015 at 15:58.
Axe77 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 16:29   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshumandun View Post
Shouldn't the Polo GT TDI also fall into this list? In my knowledge, it's the same cost as the GT TSI. This will add another diesel 'fun to drive' car in the list.
The Polo GT TDI costs the same as TSI and makes the same amount of power. But it is a 5 speed manual, hence it did not make the list.

Besides, it is tough to find the petrol and diesel version being priced the same. The diesel is the more expensive one all the time except if it is a special petrol engine (ford's ecoboost for example). The DSG gearbox in the TSI is what takes its price at par with the TDI.
srinitdas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2015, 19:46   #43
Team-BHP Support

Has the polo information been removed from the list? Please don't do that. Even with the new prices it's 10.03 lakh on road in bbay for example. There'll always be outlier cities where it'll be more expensive but I really think it's useful to retain the polo information in this thread. Thanks
Old 12th September 2015, 22:15   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Has the polo information been removed from the list? Please don't do that. Even with the new prices it's 10.03 lakh on road in bbay for example. There'll always be outlier cities where it'll be more expensive but I really think it's useful to retain the polo information in this thread. Thanks
No, it has not be removed. The TUV300 has been added. So the polo is no longer the last one on the list. Maybe that's why you missed it.
Old 13th September 2015, 14:50   #45
BHPian

E2O has been added twice. Once after Ritz and then again after Zest. Kindly remove the duplication. Wonderful compilation Rajeevraj.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks