Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2015, 06:41   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Automatics under 10 Lakh OTR - A Comprehensive Guide (now with the Baleno & Ertiga)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetans View Post
Went to Mahalaxmi - maruti sales and service center at mundwa. the salesman said that ertiga vxi AT variant is not in production although he mentioned it was launched on 17th nov

Now, i am planning to test ride baleno cvt just for the reason that its mentioned here on this thread.
That's disappointing that they do not have a TD vehicle of a car launched a month back. Did you check with other dealers?

You can also do a TD of the Ciaz just to get a feel of the engine and gear box since the Ertiga uses the same combination. ( But the Ciaz is 150kg lighter than the Ertiga). I am also a little skeptical as to how the AT will perform with a full load of 7. The TUV may be slightly better as it has better low end torque being a diesel.

Is your requirement of 4 adults and a kid including the person driving? If not the premium hatches and compact sedans are worth considering. Baleno, Jazz,Ford Aspire, xcent,amaze and even the Ciaz.
Old 14th December 2015, 11:03   #137
BHPian

Re: Automatics under 10 Lakh OTR - A Comprehensive Guide (now with the Baleno & Ertiga)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
That's disappointing that they do not have a TD vehicle of a car launched a month back. Did you check with other dealers?
went to ace kudale at manjari just to confirm if they have the new ertiga in stock. They did have it on display however still no luck with test drive.
The salesman was offering 30k discount on older version of ertiga + (10k for petrol or 25k additionally for diesel loyalty bonus or something) discount.

Quote:
You can also do a TD of the Ciaz just to get a feel of the engine and gear box since the Ertiga uses the same combination. ( But the Ciaz is 150kg lighter than the Ertiga). I am also a little skeptical as to how the AT will perform with a full load of 7. The TUV may be slightly better as it has better low end torque being a diesel.
Agree - for the same reason wanted a test drive but looks like neither mahindra nor maruti will be having a those test cars with AMT/AT

If anyone has been lucky with these in pune, please let me know.

Quote:
Is your requirement of 4 adults and a kid including the person driving? If not the premium hatches and compact sedans are worth considering. Baleno, Jazz,Ford Aspire, xcent,amaze and even the Ciaz.
Yes- either me or wifey will be driving.
Will checkout Baleno and Ford Aspire.
Old 17th December 2015, 15:57   #138
BHPian

I did get a test drive of AMT and now happy to say that will be bringing it home asap
Old 12th January 2016, 12:56   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
Wagon R - 5.85 L (air bags + abs) - actual OTR :- 6.10 ( 2 months waiting )
Grand i10 - 6.70 (no air bags no abs) - actual OTR :- 7.22
Brio - 7.10 (all features of grand i10 - push button start + abs + ebd = airbags) surprisingly neither brio nor gi10 have auto locks - actual OTR :- 7.45
Micra - 7.80 (all features of i10 + airbags + abs + ebd + ba) - actual OTR :- 8.36
figo - 8.05 ( the dealer is having a sunset orange at his show room ready delivery claimed, but i think he is also using that as a TD car) No discounts
Baleno - 8.11 (has most of the features) No discounts 4 months waiting
Wth to do - I have never been so confused or spoilt for choices.

stick to wagon r, with abs and keep the 2L saved for another day.

The car that I will buy will be kept atleast for 6-7 years maybe more. (I kept my Palio for 13 before gifting it) - taking that into consideration is wagon r structurally a safe car or should honda/nissan be it.
You have listed down all possible options.

With Figo and Baleno, you can't expect discounts.
Grand i10 @ 7.2 Lacs OTR without airbags and ABS is sheer nonsense, don't even consider that.
Brio and Micra, both make sense as you can bargain hard and they come with most features.
Wagon R is VFM buy which will save you 1.5 - 2 lacs.
But you intend to keep the car 6 - 7 years, buy the best car so that you don't find the need to replace after say 3 or 4 years.
If I were you, would have chosen between Micra and Brio and bargained hard. If the budget is 8 lacs and the Micra doesn't get OTR below say 7.5 lacs, pick the Figo @ 8.05 lacs, newer model, the DCT is better than CVT, more power, better livability

BTW have you made your choice? if not

Happy shopping

Quote:
Follow-up thread for the 10 - 17 lakh price bracket - link
Wow!!!

A comprehensive analysis of the AT segment.

Great job Rajeevraj. I'm forwarding this thread to 2 of my friends who are planning to buy an AT. If one wants an AT, need not check beyond this thread for the best option.

Hats off to the effort

BTW the Dzire ZDi, AMT isn't added yet.

Last edited by ampere : 27th January 2016 at 18:30. Reason: Merged back to back posts
Karthik Chandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2016, 18:16   #140
BHPian

Re: Automatics under 10 Lakh OTR- A Comprehensive guide

Quote:
[center]
Honda Jazz

Ownership Reviews
  • None available at this time
Dear Rajeevraj,

Just for your information, I have put a Ownership Review online.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...automatic.html

I think someone else has put up a Review of the manual version - sorry - not sure!

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 01:10   #141

Request to validate my shortlist for a petrol AT car

Folks,

I have been driving a Swift Vxi (ABS) in Bengaluru for the last 11 years and have 1L+ kms and have been thinking of buying a new car. I live closer to work now (one way 7 kms) and the car will be used primarily for the office commute. Will also be used during the weekends (100kms) in the city with family (wife + son), 2-3 times a year with family for longer drives (300 kms one way) and a few times a year with colleagues from the office or extended family (one way 20 kms) for railway station, airport drops etc.

Prior to driving the swift, I have driven a Corolla AT for 6+ years and another 1L+ kms and as I grow older, traffic in Bengaluru gets more unruly and to encourage my wife to drive, I'm keen on a car with automatic transmission.

Also I prefer a compact, fill-it, shut-it, forget-it (until its time to fill or carry out preventive maintenance) high-seating, good handling & ride, decent acceleration, safe car. I'd like to buy in the next 1-3 months and have a budget of Rs 15L.

From Rajeevraj's excellent compilation and my requirements, this is my current state: I've test driven the Ecosport Petrol AT, Baleno Petrol AT, Polo Petrol AT so far. Ertiga Petrol AT is another contender but I haven't found a vehicle to test drive. I have been waiting for the Vitara Brezza but looks like the Petrol AT won't show up in the next few months.

After my test drives, here's how things look to me
Ecosport :
+ High seating stance and the 6 airbags and the solidity/no rattling
+ Good handling
- Harsh ride on broken / pot-holed roads
- Concerns on the reliability of the auto transmission

Baleno:
+ Like the fact that it is from Maruti-Suzuki for the usual reasons
- Seemed to me I sat lower in the Baleno than the Swift and extra effort was required for egress

Ertiga: (didn't drive)
+ Another Maruti-Suzuki product
- Prefer a more compact vehicle
- Newly launched -- solitary ownership experience (with all thanks to niranjanprabhu's summary)

Polo:
+ Good driving experience - handling & ride & solidity & acceleration
- Low seating
- Intrusive tunnel in the rear seat
- Concerns on reliability of the auto transmission

Head says wait some more - there's nothing I care about that's missing in my swift except the automatic & lack of airbags ..
Heart & Wife (and sometimes the head) say buy a new car to give the knees a break

Appreciate your input
(A slightly or massively confused)swiftdriver
Old 29th January 2016, 01:42   #142
Senior - BHPian

Re: Request to validate my shortlist for a petrol AT car

It is ideal that you wait till the Auto Expo opens, as things would be much more vivid on the variant front of all new cars that are expected or likely to be unveiled.
Meanwhile test drive the Honda City CVT also.

Last edited by rajeev k : 29th January 2016 at 01:46.
Old 29th January 2016, 07:02   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

I would drop the Baleno. AT comes only in Delta and loses a lot of the goodies that make it a premium car. Will not be a good enough upgrade over the swift.

The Ecosport seems to meet your criteria best. Also, Did you check the Aspire? I don't think Ford's DCT has any reliability concerns.

I assume you do not want to get into the C segmenters due to your compact size requirement. If that is OK, you should check out the Ciaz, City and Vento Tsi. Rapid diesel dsg has big discounts running so you may get a diesel AT at the price of a Vento Tsi. On the down side a Skoda or VW may not be fill it shut it forget it kind of vehicles.

2 cars expected to be showcased in the auto expo that may suit your need are the duster AMT and the VW Ameo compact sedan. Worth waiting for details on these two.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 29th January 2016 at 07:08.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 07:51   #144
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdriver View Post
I've test driven the Ecosport Petrol AT, Baleno Petrol AT, Polo Petrol AT so far. Ertiga Petrol AT is another contender but I haven't found a vehicle to test drive. I have been waiting for the Vitara Brezza but looks like the Petrol AT won't show up in the next few months.
I would suggest to go with either the Ecosport or the Polo; the former gives you more on safety equipment and the latter gives you some bit of driving thrills.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 09:29   #145
Senior - BHPian

You should seriously consider the Honda Jazz CVT. It offers the best interior and boot space in its class(Heck! it might put some sedans to shame). The 1.2L i-Vtec has decent power and the CVT helps in improving fuel economy. It is offered in the VX trim which offers you magic seats. Overall the Jazz is the perfect family hatchback under 10L. Do consider it.

Asit
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 09:37   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
You should seriously consider the Honda Jazz CVT. It offers the best interior and boot space in its class(Heck! it might put some sedans to shame). The 1.2L i-Vtec has decent power and the CVT helps in improving fuel economy. It is offered in the VX trim which offers you magic seats. Overall the Jazz is the perfect family hatchback under 10L. Do consider it.

Asit

Asit sir, Jazz comes in the S and V trims only for the CVT.

Yes, Jazz has best in class space, has the V CVT in the family. Fuel economy is also very good for an AT, for the first time I've seen double digits on a petrol AT! It is not an insane performer, but is the perfect option if you want the space of a sedan in the size of a hatch. Compact and spacious.

Last edited by GTO : 29th January 2016 at 11:27. Reason: Poorly typed post
kkkkkaran is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 29th January 2016, 09:59   #147
BHPian

Honda Jazz CVT fits perfectly with all your requirements.
Auto Expo is about to start, but most of the announcements would take atleast couple of months to hit the road.

Listen to your heart, and more importantly, to your wife!
Old 29th January 2016, 11:01   #148
Senior - BHPian

You have a pretty healthy budget and I completely understand if C segment products like the Jazz/Ecosport etc. don't impress or entice you. Perhaps you ought to look into the used market for D segment options. If not, then play it smart; Chevrolet is offering massive discounts on the Cruze so you could pick up a Cruze AT within your budget. Toyota is soon going to introduce the facelifted Corolla so you could extract discounts on the current version then Both cars that are guaranteed to feel like an upgrade in every manner which is what you deserve when you're willing to pay more than double what you did for your Swift, for a new car
Old 29th January 2016, 11:10   #149
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdriver View Post
- Seemed to me I sat lower in the Baleno than the Swift and extra effort was required for egress
On the Baleno - did you try the seat height adjustment and still felt that it is lower ?

As others have said, I'd say wait for another month, more launches (or announcements of launches) will be underway and more news forthcoming post the Auto Expo which means more options, so hold your horses

Last edited by NPV : 29th January 2016 at 11:12.
Old 29th January 2016, 21:12   #150

Thanks! for all input.
Will try out the suggestions and wait the next few days to checkout products introduced in the Expo.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks