Team-BHP > What Car?

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2020, 15:12   #196
BHPian

Re: Automatics between 10-17 Lakh OTR - A Comprehensive Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
The only other option that I see is an S-Cross AT top variant. Agree that it is not an SUV but neither is the Creta. S-Cross has good GC and a good seating position. Rest all cars will be a compromise on either space Or ride stiffness.

I would prefer the S-Cross over the Creta simply for looks and your intention to keep it for 15 years (meaning Resale Value won't matter much).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
For fuss free long term ownership...go for S cross. Hyundai/Kia are just feature full products, good on books, good to show off like a youngster...but neither reliable nor safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam264_2000 View Post
If fancy features and 6 airbags is not a criteria and you are okay with a 4 speed TC, I would highly recommend getting the S-Cross over Creta and save a good 5 lakh INR. Mileage is better. Driving manners are more or less the same. Covers all your requirements.
Thank you guys for your recommendations.
My father keeps his cars for longer. The 4 Speed TC of S Cross is outdated now and won't age well with time.
Hence no S Cross.
What about the Automatic Petrol counterparts of Tata Harrier, XUV 500,Skoda Vision IN and VW Taigun? Would they be launched before March and under my budget?
What significant improvement would the Germans have over the Koreans?
MadAxe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 19:07   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
For fuss free long term ownership...go for S cross. Hyundai/Kia are just feature full products, good on books, good to show off like a youngster...but neither reliable nor safe.
Booked an Scross Alpha AT on 22nd and Car delivered on 25th. Santa gifted a car to us i guess, however took cash for it

Still the PR is to come, hence only in campus driving! fund it solid and planted and substantial less Cabin noise than my erstwhile Jazz which i shall sell soon. AT not for the enthusiast but definitely refined and efficient. No decipherable lags unless involved in some spirited driving

Intend to put out an ownership experience soon! thanks to many a forum member for helping me make an informed decision
wizkid is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 19:58   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizkid View Post
Booked an Scross Alpha AT on 22nd and Car delivered on 25th. Santa gifted a car to us i guess, however took cash for it
Congrats!
S cross is a very competent car, the best Maruti Suzuki product on sale perhaps. Wish you many happy miles.

I too got delivery of 5th gen city CVT, a day before Christmas.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed