Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2016, 09:55   #61

Re: Automatics between 10-17 Lakh OTR - A Comprehensive Guide

Thanks @sidparekh and @Rajeevraj - the Vento seems like an ideal choice. I should just think of the price as higher by maybe 1.5 L and live with it.

Quote:
Maybe worthwhile looking at the newly launched Creta Petrol AT. Misses out on some features as it comes only in the SX+ variant.
The Creta AT on road is out of my budget and while it does look good, it feels too large. I wish there was a hot and fast 2 seater :(

Quote:
If you do take another TD of the VW, try redlining in S2. Then make your choice.
This weekend I will try out the Ciaz AT and the Vento AT again. Hopefully early on Sunday with less traffic I can try redlining in S
Old 18th June 2016, 12:09   #62
BHPian

Quite a few new cars have been added.
Guys - can you take out some time and give the latest summary?

Thanking you in advance,

Girish Mahajan
Old 20th June 2016, 15:51   #63
BANNED

Hi

Have booked an Ecosport AT
Thx for all help and advice.

As an aside, now that the XUV AT has been launched in Delhi/NCR , am thinking of replacing the second car !
the hunt continues ....

cheers
Old 21st June 2016, 22:30   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta1017 View Post
Hi

Have booked an Ecosport AT

Thx for all help and advice.

As an aside, now that the XUV AT has been launched in Delhi/NCR , am thinking of replacing the second car !

the hunt continues ....

cheers

Congrats! What's he on road price for an Ecosport AT? Have they plopped in the Ecoboost engine on the Indian AT model yet?
Old 21st June 2016, 23:07   #65
BANNED

Hi
No ecoboost with AT. It's the naturally aspirated one.
After negotiating etc, I got mine for 10.8 l all inclusive.
Old 28th August 2016, 19:54   #66
BHPian

Just came back from a back to back test drive of 3 AT sedans i.e., Vento TSI, City CVT & the Ciaz AT. The confusion between these three seems like a never ending one and is driving me crazy literally. Here's what i and my wife and lil one felt about the cars:

1. Vento TSI: An amazing car to drive which is simply head & shoulders above the remaining two cars as far as the drive and engine are concerned. However, iffy VW after sales and a rather rudimentary interiors ensured that no one except me liked the car. Will most probably be vetoed by wifey.

2. City CVT: Straight after the Vento we came to the city. The car looks eons ahead of the Vento as far the interiors are concerned, while the sunroof just adds to the class the car exudes. Engine was no where as good as the Vento but was a fair one which was not bad to drive by any means, but oh boy, pedal to the metal makes the car scream biggg time.

3. Ciaz AT: The smallest of the engine and cheapest of the 3 by a fair distance. The interiors were pretty good and did make me feel comfortable. The space at the back seat was generous too, a lil more than the city as per wifey (I'm a tall man at 6'1" & hence need a lot of space at the front). The engine is just about average, though thanks to the TC the car does not seem to be underpowered, however I'm rather sure that it would come up short on the highways.

I've now taken 3 test drives of the vento and each time I've been convinced more than the previous time that Vento TSI is the best driving experience that my money can buy in an automatic transmission car. Though, with my greying hair i now know how to control my heart's horses and buy something with which everyone can be happy in the family .

This pretty much rules out vento for me and leaves me with Ciaz & City to chose from. We're all obviously liking the City more, but, that difference of 1.75 lakhs is a big difference & is causing great confusion to my mind.

Anyone here has an idea how to Ciaz fares on the highways ?? 90% of my use will be within the confines of the city, but would still like to have an able car for that 10% of my highway rides.
Old 12th February 2017, 09:56   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Hi,

Many thanks for this excellent thread. Could you update the image with the bottom two rows unobstructed by the logo? Which is the last car? XUV W6?
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2017, 10:26   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigyy View Post
Anyone here has an idea how to Ciaz fares on the highways ?? 90% of my use will be within the confines of the city, but would still like to have an able car for that 10% of my highway rides.
I am guessing that you must have bought a car by now. Which one did you go for? Since I have a TSI myself, my opinion will be quite biased. But would be interested to know in your case what finally won, heart or brain.
Old 12th February 2017, 10:50   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Hi,

Many thanks for this excellent thread. Could you update the image with the bottom two rows unobstructed by the logo? Which is the last car? XUV W6?
The last one is Scorpio W10 AWD. Xuv AT had not been launched at the time this was written. I will be doing a follow up thread to cover all the missing vehicles. An update has been pending for some time from my side. The BRV, Duster AMT, Creta Petrol, XUV W6, are the main ones missing from here.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 09:20   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
I am guessing that you must have bought a car by now. Which one did you go for? Since I have a TSI myself, my opinion will be quite biased. But would be interested to know in your case what finally won, heart or brain.
I finally bit the bullet for the Honda City. Despite all its shortcomings, it still looked a much better package to me as compared to the Ciaz. Couple that to the fact that i got a significant discount due to the new City being around the corner, the price difference between the City & the Ciaz diminished for me.

Ciaz nonetheless remains a very well rounded package and a very decent car for sure, however, its drive was simply too boring for it to be my daily drive. City with its brilliant engine, even with the no scorcher CVT manages to satiate my needs !!

Wanted to keep away from the VAG stable as a very close friend of mine (Not on TBHP) had a horrid tale to share with his Polo TSI and its DSG issues.
Prodigyy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 21:10   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigyy View Post
I finally bit the bullet for the Honda City. Despite all its shortcomings, it still looked a much better package to me as compared to the Ciaz.

Congrats Prodigyy! Which model in CVT did you opt for?
Old 14th February 2017, 11:15   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
Congrats Prodigyy! Which model in CVT did you opt for?
Thanks sir !! Went in for the VX model. The Paddle Shift provided make the life a tad bit easier
Old 27th February 2017, 08:18   #73
BHPian

I am looking to buy a safe, luxurious and not too complicated to drive automatic car for my wife. It would be used for both city and highway runs (50-50).

Since the usage will be minimal - around 300 to 400 km a month, I would be retaining the car for at least 7 to 8 years if not more. We felt that the interiors weren't up to the mark in Ford Figo/Ecosport and ruled them out. I already have a Jazz In the family and I don't want another one. I am seriously considering either Creta automatic or Polo GT TSI.

Is a Creta petrol automatic worth buying over Polo GT TSI? I know they belong to different segments, but I can stretch my budget if Creta is a better buy from a long term perspective. Also, how easy is it to drive/park a Creta in real time city conditions for a lady driver?
Old 27th February 2017, 09:03   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post

Is a Creta petrol automatic worth buying over Polo GT TSI? I know they belong to different segments, but I can stretch my budget if Creta is a better buy from a long term perspective. Also, how easy is it to drive/park a Creta in real time city conditions for a lady driver?
I have a creta petrol automatic, in my opinion it's very easy to drive/park in city conditions. Very good visibility ( you can see the full bonnet if it counts) and light controls. Since the automatic comes only in sx+ you'll also have sensors and reverse camera.

If you have the budget and don't mind the difference in performance then go for the creta, it is a better choice from a long term perspective ( reliability). The car gives about 9-9.5kmpl in 100% city conditions.

You may also consider Honda city CVT
rayjaycleoful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2017, 09:20   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
I have a creta petrol automatic, in my opinion it's very easy to drive/park in city conditions. Very good visibility ( you can see the full bonnet if it counts) and light controls. Since the automatic comes only in sx+ you'll also have sensors and reverse camera.

If you have the budget and don't mind the difference in performance then go for the creta, it is a better choice from a long term perspective ( reliability). The car gives about 9-9.5kmpl in 100% city conditions.

You may also consider Honda city CVT
Thanks!

I was considering the new City with 6 airbags, but I decided to skip it as I already have a jazz cvt which is nearly a City IMO. Also, I thought Creta will be comparatively easier to drive being a crossover - I may be wrong though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks