Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2019, 17:09   #166
Team-BHP Support

Re: Confused among Rapid AT, Vento TSI DSG, Rapid DSG and Yaris CVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehacker View Post
But in such cases - T-bone or under-running a lorry or a roll over etc. - will Innova 'structurally' perform as good as(or be as safe as) Tiguan or Compass or Kodiaq? I know it won't, but what I am not able to figure out is, how much of a difference that would be?
Either an Innova Crysta or I would suggest move to D Segment sedan. An Octavia TSI/TDI or for that matter even a Petrol Altis given you are not looking for driving pleasure. In fact the Altis makes much more sense. But if you are looking for now, you need to check for BSVI engines.

Last edited by ampere : 13th November 2019 at 17:38.
Old 14th November 2019, 18:52   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Either an Innova Crysta or I would suggest move to D Segment sedan. An Octavia TSI/TDI or for that matter even a Petrol Altis given you are not looking for driving pleasure. In fact the Altis makes much more sense. But if you are looking for now, you need to check for BSVI engines.
Okay. I think in that case I should go with Innova Crysta and not think further. The only issue that now remains is, BS6 engines for Innova are not launched yet and as per the reports, BS6 compliance might increase the price by 3-5 lakhs.

If I go with the current engine, I am not sure if the RTO will renew its validity at the end of 10 years period in case I decide to keep it a little longer. Any idea on this?

Thanks!
thehacker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 14:01   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehacker View Post
Okay. I think in that case I should go with Innova Crysta and not think further.
Thanks!
Hello "TheHacker", if you are deciding Crysta, I would suggest you try out Hexa as well before you finalise and take the decision (or have you already signed the cheque?). I have a friend of mine with a Crysta back in Kerala and he says that (as you mentioned in your earlier post as well), every ding makes a dent.
Jakku is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2019, 10:49   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakku View Post
Hello "TheHacker", if you are deciding Crysta, I would suggest you try out Hexa as well before you finalise and take the decision (or have you already signed the cheque?). I have a friend of mine with a Crysta back in Kerala and he says that (as you mentioned in your earlier post as well), every ding makes a dent.
I haven't yet. The GX AT variant is not in stock as of now. Hence, thought of taking more time to decide.

As I have read that BS4 diesel engines will have shorter life span on BS6 diesel fuel, whereas BS6 diesel cars will have a clogged DPF on BS4 fuel, so I am skeptical of buying a diesel now. On highways, the availability of BS6 diesel might be scare for several more years till the commercial vehicles also move to BS6 compliance. Where in cities, BS4 availability might be scarce.

On petrols, there won't be much affect IMO.
Old 8th November 2020, 19:11   #170
BHPian

Suitable Automatic Petrol SUV under 13 Lacs On Road

Automatic Petrol SUV for my father who's going to drive it for the next 15 years so should be comfortable to drive considering age factor and have decent mileage.
Petrol Automatic only.
No Diesel.

Budget:
13 Lakhs (On Road)

Usage:
Majorly city usage-50 km (to and fro) commute during weekdays and 50 km during weekends.
So a total of 300km running in a week.

Requirements:
Good enough mileage, No DCT heating issues, Parking sensors, Infotainment Display and Rear AC Vents.

Main Priority on driving comfortability, ease of driving and mileage.

Last edited by MadAxe : 8th November 2020 at 19:38. Reason: Formatting
Old 8th November 2020, 19:22   #171
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suitable Automatic Petrol SUV under 13 Lacs On Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAxe View Post
Automatic Petrol SUV for my father who's going to drive it for atleast next 15 years...

Petrol Automatic only. No Diesel.
Budget: 13 Lakhs (On Road)

So a total of 300km running in a week.
Requirements: Good enough mileage, No DCT or AMT heating issues, Parking sensors, Infotainment Display and Rear AC Vents.
Main Priority on driving comfortability and mileage.
Only two options have TC or CVT among CSUVs.

Ford Ecosport (TC)
Nissan Magnite(CVT)

Ecosport is a proven workhorse but mileage in city traffic is 7-8kmpl as per ownership reports.
Magnite should ideally tick all boxes and return decent mileage. But its fresh out of the oven, so no track record to prove its reliability(or lack of it). But pricewise should be ~11L OTR delhi saving u a solid 2L

Last edited by SoumenD : 8th November 2020 at 19:23.
SoumenD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 19:28   #172
BHPian

@SoumenD Thank you for your prompt reply.
Ecosport feels outdated now and I don't wanna buy a Nissan.
Old 8th November 2020, 19:47   #173
Senior - BHPian

This is a a bit difficult to select in this budget.

You may have to compromise on one of the given aspect for sure.

If you are willing to compromise on fuel efficiency (300km/week is a lot, is it on open roads or bumper to bumper traffic?), Ford EcoSport is the best choice for you. I had opened this thread to recommend Venue/Sonet to be honest until I saw the words "petrol TC automatic". Would still recommend you to check their diesel variants as they are very refined and silent.

Lastly, I would recommend that you go and drive S-Cross 1.5 petrol automatic once. You will not understand this vehicle till you actually drive one. It fits all your requirements except rear AC vents, and has only 4 speed auto gearbox. It is comfortable, shall last 15+ years for you, spacious, good ground clearance and decent build (much better than typical Maruti). It is very fuel efficient too.

On road prices are given in the screenshot below.

Automatics between 10-17 Lakh OTR - A Comprehensive Guide-screenshot_20201108193748.png

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 8th November 2020 at 19:49.
PaddleShifter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 20:00   #174
BHPian

What about the Nexon? It is an AMT but it is by far the safest and one of the most comfortable cars in the segment. Only the Duster will outshine it in comfort. The AMT is not as bad as it is made out to be by media houses. Try it once.
Cessna182 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 20:27   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
This is a a bit difficult to select in this budget.

You may have to compromise on one of the given aspect for sure.

If you are willing to compromise on fuel efficiency (300km/week is a lot, is it on open roads or bumper to bumper traffic?), Ford EcoSport is the best choice for you. I had opened this thread to recommend Venue/Sonet to be honest until I saw the words "petrol TC automatic". Would still recommend you to check their diesel variants as they are very refined and silent.

Lastly, I would recommend that you go and drive S-Cross 1.5 petrol automatic once. You will not understand this vehicle till you actually drive one. It fits all your requirements except rear AC vents, and has only 4 speed auto gearbox. It is comfortable, shall last 15+ years for you, spacious, good ground clearance and decent build (much better than typical Maruti). It is very fuel efficient too.

On road prices are given in the screenshot below.

Attachment 2077935
90% of the usage is in bumper to bumper traffic.
TC is not a necessity if AMT or DCT meet my requirements.
Looking for Petrol options only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cessna182 View Post
What about the Nexon? It is an AMT but it is by far the safest and one of the most comfortable cars in the segment. Only the Duster will outshine it in comfort. The AMT is not as bad as it is made out to be by media houses. Try it once.
Made my father test drive the Nexon, he didn't like the gear shifting and throttle response of the AMT.

Last edited by Aditya : 9th November 2020 at 05:48. Reason: Back to back posts merged
MadAxe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 21:01   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ecosport feels outdated now and I don't wanna buy a Nissan.
Tata Nexon top-end automatic meets all your requirements. Petrol, automatic, compact SUV, infotainment system, rear AC vents, comfortable ride - all this under 13 lakhs on road. Regarding fuel economy, ~10 kmpl is the norm for petrol automatic cars in this segment.

AMT is a tad inferior as compared to what this segment offers. Let your Dad do a long TD and decide if he's comfortable with the shift times.

If not, I'm afraid you'll have to strike rear AC vents from your list and consider TC options such as Brezza and S-Cross. Ecosport isn't best in terms of ride comfort while others don't offer a proper TC/CVT box.

EDIT:

Quote:
Made my father test drive the Nexon, he didn't like the gear shifting and throttle response of the AMT
Leaves you with Brezza and S-Cross. That age old 4-speed TC is very smooth and reliable.

Last edited by self_driven : 8th November 2020 at 21:30.
self_driven is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 21:18   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Made my father test drive the Nexon, he didn't like the gear shifting and throttle response of the AMT.
What is your father's current ride?

If he's coming from an MT he will take time to adapt.

Let him do longish TD and then shortlist.
Old 8th November 2020, 21:31   #178

I would narrow this down into three paths

a) Strict budget cap of 13lakh

1. Suzuki Vitara Brezza/ Toyota Urban Cruiser
2. Suzuki S-cross

These cars fit your needs perfectly, although they've been in the market for a while now without any significant exterior updates.

b) Flexible budget cap

1. Renault Duster CVT
2. Nissan Kicks CVT

Although you mentioned earlier that you do not want to buy a Nissan, the Kicks is an extremely underrated vehicle. The Duster needs no intro either. With low sales, expect fat price cuts at the end of the year.

c) Wild car(d)s

1. Toyota Yaris CVT- More than enough ground clearance by sedan standards. She's not a charmer but she won't trouble you for a long time.
2. Pre worshipped Hyundai Creta Automatic

You would have a lot more (and contemporary) options if you consider diesel cars as well, especially since there is barely any price difference between turbo petrols and their fellow diesel siblings.
Old 8th November 2020, 21:33   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinod_nair View Post
What is your father's current ride?

If he's coming from an MT he will take time to adapt.

Let him do longish TD and then shortlist.
Yeah. He drives a Hyundai i10 Sportz which he has driven for 11 years.
I've made him test drive Kia Sonet, Hyundai Venue and Tata Nexon.
We've driven manuals all our lives so we couldn't differentiate between the performance of AMT and DCT. But he didn't like the gear shifting and throttle response of Nexon AMT.
Old 8th November 2020, 21:35   #180
BHPian

Ecosport AT is not very fuel efficient in the city.
Sonet/Venue are available with the DCT and Nexon AMT is a bit jerky with shifts and XUV 3oo is not available with a petrol automatic so the only car that might be suitable for your family considering your above requirements is the Brezza ZXI+AT/Urban Cruiser AT.
But then if you are willing to spend a little more than 16lacs then Seltos HTX CVT is a very good pick compared to any other Sub 4meter crossover.

Last edited by Sahilrai166 : 8th November 2020 at 21:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks