Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2016, 15:36   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMD View Post
Hey Guys,

I am not sure if this question of mine even qualifies to be posted in this forum. If it doesn't kindly discard. I am actually faced with a BIG question on whether or not to buy a car which costs a premium. I'd be really grateful for an honest advice, like I said to put things in perspective.

I might be stupid , but really, is there a financial criteria one has to qualify to own a car of certain premium value. Regards,

Hello DMD,
Eager to know what have you decided ! Did you replace 17 Lakhs with a new car

Last edited by khan_sultan : 14th August 2020 at 07:40. Reason: edited quoted post
Accent Martin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2020, 03:57   #152
DMD

Re: 17.5 lakhs liquid cash: Save or spend on new car?

My Dear BHPians,

Hope all of you are safe and well in these uncertain times!

I have logged on to to Team BHP for the first time after 5 long years of self inflicted hiatus. It’s mainly because things took an ugly turn in my life. My dad fell ill and I had to fly back and forth numerous times from Europe to India with my family and in 2016, he passed away! I never had a more depressing phase in my life and I just couldn’t think of anything else other than getting on with my life. As with anyone else, I too moved on.

On personal front, I moved to Netherlands back in 2019 and as of last month I resigned from my company and currently have 2 local offers. While I am yet to choose which company to go for, guess what thought occurred again? Yes! “ What NEW Car?” A thought which hasn’t crossed my mind since a long time.

I then shortlisted the following cars and test drove all of them. Importantly, all of these costs less than half of my yearly pay and are quite affordable. Remember, I am 37 now! Not sure if I have grown any wiser though

1. Toyota Camry Hybrid
2. BMW 3 series
3. Mazda CX 5
4. Honda Civic 5 doors
5. Ford Mondeo
6. Tesla Model 3 (a bit above my budget but has tax relaxations here in the NL)

However, a certain car caught my eye and gave me sleepless nights ever since I visited the showroom. I did my financial discussions and calculated my EMIs. I’d be able to pay off the car in 4 years and hence decided to buy it and make my dream finally come true after all these years. Anyways, without much ado let me unveil my precious buy. A Mercedes A-Klasse Limousine 200 (Petrol) with a luxury business solution package. Totally loaded!

I really want to thank each one of you from the bottom of my heart for all your kind advices. It’s just that my personal situation made me to pause my dream for a while. But here I am again.

Stay Safe!

Kinda Regards,
DMD
DMD is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks