Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2018, 05:30   #271
BHPian

Re: 2006 Maruti Baleno VXi - To sell or not to sell

There have been a lot of BHPians who have been maintaining their cars like new for even more than the timespan you have mentioned for your beloved Baleno.
Going through your post, ofcourse the car is more like a family member to you.
I am considering that this is the only car you are using right now. If your budget allows, why not replace the parts and maintain the car as a secondary vehicle if not primary? How much does the replacement of parts costing you?
If the replacement goes around a lakh, maybe go with it and get a hatchback like Tiago or Santro for the daily running.
Otherwise, if it is possible, find a person, probably a enthusiastic collector who can keep your car as good as you have kept it and give some frequent visits whenever you miss her.
Hoping this would help you!

Cheers!
DPetrolHead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2018, 07:25   #272
Senior - BHPian

If I was you, I would not sell it. 68k is hardly any mileage at all. Besides you would not get much selling it either so makes no financial sense either.
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2018, 12:01   #273
BHPian

@DPetrolHead I am sure considering the value of the SGP spares that comes for the old Baleno, the cost will be nearly there. Talking about hatchbacks, I have another M800 5-Speed which I use as a daily drive now. However there's catch the A/C doesn't work in it as the compressor is dead and then there's no power steering. But I don't really bother, the thing is a joy to drive in the traffic. May be I am an old soul with cars.

Finding an enthusiastic person or a collector is a challenge again because the car in question is not something a collector would aspire to own. So that puts me back to where I am right now.

God it is difficult when you get too attached to your wheels ain't it? If it was just me I would have sold it and would have thought I did something stupid as always. But now I have got my wife and kid to convince. And convincing 2 ladies is no joke!

Thank you so much for your suggestions my friend.
Old 10th December 2018, 14:15   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron_9191 View Post
I have another M800 5-Speed which I use as a daily drive now. However there's catch the A/C doesn't work in it as the compressor is dead and then there's no power steering. But I don't really bother, the thing is a joy to drive in the traffic. May be I am an old soul with cars.
Why not consider selling the M800 then? That money would be enough for the replacements in the baleno. Get a alto 800 for your daily, it won't be as good as your M800 considering the old soul factor but will be the closest to it. Get the K10 for a more powerful and FTD version and sort of an upgrade. With the year end discunts going on, you would get a great value for you M800, get a brand new car in a couple of lakhs(I hoping 3-3.5L max for the top model would do it), you keep your beloved baleno and no need for convincing the ladies!
Win win situation!

Always happy to help buddy

Cheers!
Old 2nd April 2019, 10:17   #275
BHPian

Systematic Car Acquisition Plan - Angel Advisor Needed

Friends ,

Indian Automotive scene has seen rapid strides over last decade and as a result we have a choice of car at every 25k price point starting from 3L and all the way upto 1 cr and beyond .

Despite the plethora of choice , one problem is always persisted and infact has grown multifold over the years .

It's nothing but The Problem Of Choice .

I have a 2010 Cruze AT which I won't be able to drive after 2020 in Delhi . Chevrolet's exit from India means that the resale value would at best be assessed on the basis of metal left in the car .

I also have 2007 Swift Lxi which is chauffer driven since inception and is used by my wife for her daily office commute .

We kept on postponing the decision to upgrade as we always thought the next launch would tick all the check boxes but it never happened .

Finally I have no choice left but to seek refuge into the Takshila of Automotive - Team BHP .

I need to buy two new cars in next two years and one car needs to be purchased immediately .
I would share some pointers for you to give me your advise on how to go about my Systematic Car Acquisition Plan .

So here we go :-

1. I love Sedan as I like the planted drive . My commute is not much hence a petrol sedan cannot be rules out . Having driven Cruze for last 8 years , I am used to linear power delivery and adrenalin rush . But having entered in 40's this can take a back seat but a more planted drive is preferred .

2. My wife loves SUV and she would not mind SUV as a family Car . Her monthly commute is 1400-1600 km in city . We would not mind a good match back or crossover that has a good back seat comfort with a planted drive . Good mileage and low cost of maintenance is must due to extensive driving .

3. Last week we sent to see few cars . Liked new XUV300, S cross , Baleno . S cross sales rep said that we get 15 years car registration for it as it's a Hybrid . We won't have to discard this car 10 years later even of govt phases out diesel car in India . This is yet to be varied .

4. My wife found back seat of S Cross more spacious then XUV 300 probably due to better under thigh support in the former .

5. We have just moved into our new house so most of the savings hav gone into it . Of course there is a big EMI burden that we already have and it would continue for next 10 years .

6. With reference to point 5 above , we can't go for both the purchase immediately . Swift needs immediate change while I have an year to wait . I can drive my Car in Gurgaon but can't take it to delhi after it turns 10 next year .

7.For Sedan/Suv max budget we have is 20L but can't do it immediately . A year later we should be able to take a call .

8. Hatchback we have a budget of 10L but if we add 3-4 L to it then we have a tempting option of S cross , XUV 300 etc .

9. With Kia and MG launched due on next few.months , we are again tempted to wait and then take a call . Loved Harrier as well .

10. We have done a test drive of any car yet and all the likings shared are on the basis of few minutes visit to each car showroom . I m sure there are more options but we didn't go to check them out . List of cars shared is on basis of random visits and we don't mind checking out more if suggested .

I am sure I am not alone and many would be going through this situation . Unfortunately most of the time we do not plan the next upgrade well in advance due to busy life and lure of next big launch .

Would like to seek your views and suggestion on how to go about my purchases starting from this month to next year .

Thanks for your patient reading .

Regards
i_nv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 10:57   #276
BHPian

Re: Systematic Car Acquisition Plan - Angel Advisor Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_nv View Post

Regards
May I suggest the following cars -

To replace the Swift as your wife’s chauffeur driven car - Maruti S-Cross, Honda Amaze Diesel CVT, Tata Nexon, or wait for the Hyundai Venue

To replace the Cruze as your sedan - Honda Civic, Skoda Octavia

Last edited by Aaron:) : 2nd April 2019 at 11:00.
Aaron:) is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 14:21   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I can drive my Car in Gurgaon but can't take it to delhi after it turns 10 next year .
Well, the 10 years diesel car rule is not just for Delhi but for whole NCR (including Gurgaon).

https://www.hindustantimes.com/gurug...nQmjWXgLK.html
Old 2nd April 2019, 17:18   #278
BHPian

Quote:

I have a 2010 Cruze AT which I won't be able to drive after 2020 in Delhi . Chevrolet's exit from India means that the resale value would at best be assessed on the basis of metal left in the car .

I also have 2007 Swift Lxi which is chauffer driven since inception and is used by my wife for her daily office commute .

I need to buy two new cars in next two years and one car needs to be purchased immediately .

Regards
Since you love Sedans and your wife is interested in a Suv/Crossover, your ideal upgrades should be a D segment sedan for your Cruze and a Suv/ Crossover for your wife's Swift.

Since the Cruze's upgrade will/can take place after around a year, lets wait for new launches and then get the best option available. Do remember though launches like the new Toyota (and Maruti hopefully) Corolla Altis will be launched soon and can be a strong contender to the Cruze's replacement. Also, since you are going through a little cash crunch, get the best bang for the buck but getting a BS IV car just before the BS VI emission norms are effective. March 2020 will be the best time I guess for that.

Coming to the car for your wife, since you want a car with good FE and low maintenance, I would suggest you to avoid the XUV as it is new car with a new engine. As far as S-cross is concerned, wait for the 1.5L engine and its reviews and then make a decision. Also, do consider the Brezza, Ecosport Nexon. All are great cars with Brezza excelling in FE and reliabilty, Ecosport in good dynamics and build quality and Nexon as a overall VFM package.If you can wait a little, Hyundai Venue looks like a very promising product too.

If you are interested in the Brezza or S-cross, PM me for my sales guy's number. He might help you in giving better discounts!

Happy Shopping!

Cheers!
Old 2nd April 2019, 18:37   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPetrolHead View Post
Also, since you are going through a little cash crunch, get the best bang for the buck but getting a BS IV car just before the BS VI emission norms are effective. March 2020 will be the best time I guess for that.
What is the point in buying a new BS IV? Buy a lightly used one - under 4 years, under 40k km, for half the cost. Keep it for 4-5 years till BS VI engines are matured and clean BS VI fuel becomes widely available.

If you can register your Cruze in PB / HR eg by having a house in your native there, then do so by all means. It won't be easy to continue to use it in Gurgaon but I am sure it should be possible.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 19:31   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Buy a lightly used one - under 4 years, under 40k km, for half the cost.
I am trying to get a 4year/40k old Petrol i20/Jazz/Baleno/Grand i10 but not getting at 50% or close to that.

Is that a well known and practiced formula? Any tips on how to find such cars?

Last edited by mukeshgoel : 2nd April 2019 at 19:34.
Old 2nd April 2019, 20:08   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
I am trying to get a 4year/40k old Petrol i20/Jazz/Baleno/Grand i10 but not getting at 50% or close to that.

Is that a well known and practiced formula? Any tips on how to find such cars?
I didn't mean literally 50%. You will get a substantial reduction on the purchase price, which may vary city to city. Also, people will routinely quote a lakh or so above whatever price they expect, to account for bargaining. Anyway you will get a like new car for far less than a new one, this way.
Old 3rd April 2019, 01:21   #282
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 'Garage dilemma' thread : Buy / sell / keep / shuffle my cars

Guys, I have a question. After buying my dad a 2009 Ford Fiesta, I now have two cars and need to sell one. 2007 Esteem or 2009 Alto. The Alto has done less 42K versus 88K. Also, it will get me more money if I sell it now.

My dilemna is do I sell the Alto or Esteem. The Esteem is no doubt more comfortable, but I am concerned about spares in the future. The reason I bought dad the Fiesta was because of an accident that took 2 months to repair. Original Maruti parts took 1.5 months to arrive and I assume it will get worse in the future. However, I have heard there are various other manufacturers who make parts for the Esteem. The other issue is that the Alto is easier in town because of its dimensions.
Old 3rd April 2019, 07:50   #283
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The 'Garage dilemma' thread : Buy / sell / keep / shuffle my cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
The Alto has done less 42K versus 88K. Also, it will get me more money if I sell it now.

Esteem is no doubt more comfortable, but I am concerned about spares in the future. The reason I bought dad the Fiesta was because of an accident that took 2 months to repair.

The other issue is that the Alto is easier in town because of its dimensions.
I think you should sell the Alto. Both cars are now a decade old and hence reliability would be quite similar for both. The Esteem is an iconic car (I dreamt of owning one some day when I was a kid), more comfortable as you have said already and I doubt if regular spares will be an issue. After all Maruti is our national brand and I don't believe spares will be an issue. Ofcourse such advice will only be offered on Tbhp from a BHPian to another BHPian. In the normal world, it would be a non issue and the Alto would stay.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2019, 07:53   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Look for a diesel one maybe. Due to the NGT rule they are depreciating faster than the Petrol variants. In the end it is a game of patience, just keep looking.
Old 9th June 2019, 11:28   #285
BHPian

Dear Friends ,

Here is an update on our quest for next change . Ending of this saga was the most unpredictable one . Though definitely on a happy note . Infact very happy indeed .

So here it goes ...

After going through multiple visits to many showrooms , we decided to wait for Hyundai Venue as well .

After its launch we went to check it out . My wife was super impressed with the looks but the moment we checked into the rear seat , all the excitement vanished due to cramped space . Cabin didn't look airy at all .

So Venue was also ruled out .

We also went to check out Nissan Kicks . We liked the space inside but interiors were very disappointing .

Next we went to check out Honda WRV . Ruled out due to rear space and interiors .
Loved the space inside Honda Amaze and especially the rear look . In 10L top end petrol AT was fitting perfectly in our budget . But the front look was a downer .

Offcourse we checked out City but the variant we liked was out of our budget .

Then we went for the test ride or XUV300 . My wife loved the space , looks and ride was very comfortable .

However , the test drive vehicle already was showing the interiors prone to dirt and loosing it's bright white glam looks due to it rough usage . Which got us to the question of maintenance of inferior . In India and especially in Gurgaon dust will kill all your good looks in no time .

Confused again we walked into the Nexa showroom and agreed to finalize on Baleno as it was turning out to be a no brainer .

1. Beautiful looks . The looks grow on you . Everytime we visited the showroom , it pulled us towards her again and again .

2. Really spacious . Something that she always wanted . Oodles of rear seat space and confort . Amongst all hatchbacks we had seen so far , baleno looked very airy and spacious.

3. Good interiors . Especially the top Alpha variant .

4. Low cost of maintenance . Trust of Maruti .

5. New BS VI variant that gives us peace to mind .

We decided to pay the advance and take delivery on the coming Thursday .

While I was about to swipe my card , a thought came in my mind . Top end Alpha Variant with New Engine was coming at 8.80 L on road in Gurgaon and S cross Delta was costing approx 11.40 .
If I increase my budget by another 2.5 L , I could get S Cross which I always liked because of its premium interiors , space and most importantly sturdy body . S cross no where gives you an impression of maruti .

So I decided to give myself one more day and think it through before making a final decision .

Did a quick check on Team Bhp on S cross and got to know that new petrol engine of S cross is coming in July . That meant another 2 months without a new car .

Did some comparison between Delta , Zeta and Alpha .
Alpha was I wanted but the budget was going upto 13.60.

Finally decided to control the urge and go ahead with Delta .

We went to the showroom next day to do the booking for S cross Delta .

But there was one thought that was bothering me all this while . We had loved S Cross by looking at Alpha model that was displayed in showroom . And we were going ahead with Delta purely by imagining the features that won't be there in the car .

So we decided to check out Delta model before making the payment.
Problem was that Delta model wasn't displayed at the showroom .
Our SR suggested to take us to his stock yard and show the model there and we quickly agreed.

If you thought all the twists and turns were over then hang on . It ain't over yet . The biggest twist is about to come .

Our SR took us in the latest Ciaz Alpha test drive vehicle . I was sitting in the front seat and my wife sat on the back seat .
The moment she stepped in the car , she asked me why we haven't figured this car yet and why didn't I consider this car ?

She loved the space at back . It almost felt like sitting on a couch, interirors were nice . In a nutshell she loved every thing about Ciaz .

She said that I had been giving gyan to her about all the cars and models (of course after reading on Team Bhp) but never found the right car for her . What's the point of reading so much and not choosing the right car for her .

I told her that I didn't consider it because I read about its poor ride quality , and poor quality interior etc etc . I didn't remember I read anything great about this car neither anyone in Team Bhp suggested me to look at Ciaz .

While we were having this conversation , our SR got of the main road and said that there is a 400 mtr of kaccha road that leads to the stock yard and it was in a really bad shape .

Having heard our conversation he said , just focus on the ride when he drives on those potholes .
Honestly I was also pleasantly surprised how Ciaz handled those bumps with ease .

Couldn't dare to look at my wife as she was almost going to roast me with all my borrowed gyan .
Before I could say anything , here came the command .

"This is it . I am not checking our anymore car . Let's go back as I have finalized car for myself . This car has got everything I want and you had been complicating things for last so many months unnecessarily. I don't know why you guys waste so much of your time in doing research when all that you have to do is to go to showrooms and checkout car yourselves " .

I had no answer to this . But feebly I could muster enougb courage to ask just one last favour . Can I check it's review on Team Bhp ?
She said you have 10 minutes to read as much as you want as that was time time it would take us to reach the Nexa showroom .

So we took a U turn right in front of the stock yard and headed back to the showroom .
I quickly pulled out my mobile praying for enough battery and good network to access it's review .

The moment I searched for Ciaz , there were many pages that came in search query . There was one Ciaz petrol update TBHP offical review and there was an ownership review of SS traveller who had recently bought a Ciazz .

In 10 minutes I could have not read TBhp review for sure so decided to read SS travellers ownership thread.
By the time we reached the showroom , his review had given point by point rebuttal to every wrong notion I was carrying in my mind about Ciazz .

It was definitely very reassuring . I was so engrossed in reading it that I couldn't hear my SR's voice saying that we have arrived at the showroom . Please step out .
When I looked up , I saw my wife already inside the showroom giving a final glance to Ciazz .

So Ciazz it is ...

I couldnt believe that I was charging my CC for 5L in next 10 min for a car which was not in my radar and I hadn't read it's review ever .

But let me confess , it was the best decision we took .
We just loved the car especially when you get a top end manual at 11.30 with so many bells and whistles .

Had it not been SS Travellers ownership review , I would have again delayed my decision citing one or the other reason .

At the end we are very happy with our new Nexa Blue Ciazz.
Took it's delivery on this Thursday and drove to Chandigarh next morning .

Drive was awesome , rear seat comfort unbeatable and icing on the cake 20KMPL mileage during my trip and all this in 11.40 L .
Nexa offered me 80k for 2006 Swift Lxi and 20K exchange bonus .
So the final cost was 10.40 to us .

I added rear spoiler + sunshades that costed me 9K approx.
Didn't like the sound quality of music system so took the Hertz package of amp+speakers at 18K from the showroom.
Not happy with the decision though. Sound quality hasnt changed remarkably .

Will look for better options in sometime .

Finally Blue Ciazz has arrived in our lives . We like to hold vehicle for long and I am sure this car is going to outlast the Swift in our garage .

We couldn't have asked for more . God is really kind .

Many thanks to all Bhpians for responding to my query and special thanks to SS Traveller for his ownership these that helped me sealing the deal in 10 min .

Quote:
Friends ,

Indian Automotive scene has seen rapid strides over last decade and as a result we have a choice of car at every 25k price point starting from 3L and all the way upto 1 cr and beyond .

Despite the plethora of choice , one problem is always persisted and infact has grown multifold over the years .

We kept on postponing the decision to upgrade as we always thought the next launch would tick all the check boxes but it never happened .

Finally I have no choice left but to seek refuge into the Takshila of Automotive - Team BHP .

I would share some pointers for you to give me your advise on how to go about my Systematic Car Acquisition Plan .

So here we go :-

1. I love Sedan as I like the planted drive . My commute is not much hence a petrol sedan cannot be rules out . Having driven Cruze for last 8 years , I am used to linear power delivery and adrenalin rush . But having entered in 40's this can take a back seat but a more planted drive is preferred .

2. My wife loves SUV and she would not mind SUV as a family Car . Her monthly commute is 1400-1600 km in city . We would not mind a good match back or crossover that has a good back seat comfort with a planted drive . Good mileage and low cost of maintenance is must due to extensive driving .

3. Last week we sent to see few cars . Liked new XUV300, S cross , Baleno . S cross sales rep said that we get 15 years car registration for it as it's a Hybrid . We won't have to discard this car 10 years later even of govt phases out diesel car in India . This is yet to be varied .

4. My wife found back seat of S Cross more spacious then XUV 300 probably due to better under thigh support in the former .

5. We have just moved into our new house so most of the savings hav gone into it . Of course there is a big EMI burden that we already have and it would continue for next 10 years .

6. With reference to point 5 above , we can't go for both the purchase immediately . Swift needs immediate change while I have an year to wait . I can drive my Car in Gurgaon but can't take it to delhi after it turns 10 next year .

7.For Sedan/Suv max budget we have is 20L but can't do it immediately . A year later we should be able to take a call .

8. Hatchback we have a budget of 10L but if we add 3-4 L to it then we have a tempting option of S cross , XUV 300 etc .

9. With Kia and MG launched due on next few.months , we are again tempted to wait and then take a call . Loved Harrier as well .

10. We have done a test drive of any car yet and all the likings shared are on the basis of few minutes visit to each car showroom . I m sure there are more options but we didn't go to check them out . List of cars shared is on basis of random visits and we don't mind checking out more if suggested .

I am sure I am not alone and many would be going through this situation . Unfortunately most of the time we do not plan the next upgrade well in advance due to busy life and lure of next big launch .

Would like to seek your views and suggestion on how to go about my purchases starting from this month to next year .

Thanks for your patient reading .

Regards

Last edited by i_nv : 9th June 2019 at 11:32.
i_nv is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks