Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2020, 17:11   #406
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Need Advice - 7+ year old XUV500 or 3+ years old Innova Crysta?

Depends on the condition of both vehicles to be honest.
While the Innova is bullet-proof, it has still been driven by the driver so could have seen a lot more abuse than the self driven XUV.

Just a side note: Have you thought of selling both & upgrading to one better vehicle?
lamborghini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 18:22   #407
Senior - BHPian

I have not driven both but I assume that the RWD Innova Crysta must be as 'fun to drive' as the XUV or more. I would vote to retain the Crysta as that is the newer and more reliable (and practical as well) option. Only problem could be 'image' here . Other option would be to sell both and buy a new SUV like Create/Seltos or even wait for the new XUV 500.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 18:27   #408
Senior - BHPian

It depends on your requirement actually. Do you have any use of the AWD or even if you don't always, will you have peace of mind if that is there ? Then keep the XUV but be prepared to shell out more in terms of niggles and maintenance soon. Else the Innova makes more sense, thanks to its bulletproof reliability and half the age. 95k in Innova is equal to 30k in XUV.

I would personally sell both and get a a new one which would better suit my requirements if you have that option.
Old 16th February 2021, 16:34   #409
BHPian

Planning to buy an SUV and confused on what car to sell, Verna or i20?

Hello,

I have been looking to upgrade to a decent SUV from last couple of years now. We are a family of 2 senior citizens, 3 working adults and 1 kid (2years) and my existing vehicles (Verna and i20) are not spacious enough to accommodate all of us with some basic luggage for a decent road trip.

After a lot of waiting and comparing, I feel the new Tata Safari 2021 (XZA, 7 seats) is a good match to all our needs. Idea is to utilize the lease option offered by employer to one of us by April 2021 (thus not considering new XUV 500 or Creta 7 seater option).

Question 1 - Is it a decent choice to go for the new Safari? Or am I missing to consider a good option. We have a hard limit on lease for 20L (ex-showroom)

Now, due to the COVID-19 situation, all of us are working from home from last 1 year and expected to return to offices in a flexible way (1 or 2 days per week) by April'2021. Due to this flexibility and parking constraints, we will not need 3 cars for next 2-3 years.

Question 2 - Which of the 2 cars should I consider to sell?

Both cars as per resale agencies (checked online) can return some value between 4.3L to 4.8L.

Car 1 - Hyundai Fluidic Verna
Variant - 1.4 VTVT (P)
Year - 2013, November
KMs - < 65,000
Condition - Excellent, well maintained
Pros - Spacious, Better looks
Cons - Low ground clearance, Tyre replacement due in next 5K KMs.

Car 2 - Hyundai Elite i20
Variant - 1.2 Magna (P)
Year - 2015, April
KMs - < 60,000
Condition - Good, well maintained, some scratches/ dents
Pros - Better features - Steering controls, Bluetooth connectivity, Small car - easy to drive/ park
Cons - Limited boot space, Low average

Thanks!
Old 16th February 2021, 18:46   #410
Senior - BHPian

Re: Planning to buy an SUV and confused on what car to sell, Verna or i20?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikas2211 View Post
I have been looking to upgrade to a decent SUV from last couple of years now.
Honestly, none of the other cars except the Safari will accommodate 7 people properly. Just know that if you do get all 7/8 seats up in the car, you'll be probably left without any boot space.
Regarding your current vehicles, until you do have any highway use for the Verna, I feel the i20 will be a much better option. It's newer, has run lesser kilo-meters, smaller thereby making it easier to handle.

Happy Shopping!
akash_v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 19:27   #411
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Planning to buy an SUV and confused on what car to sell, Verna or i20?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikas2211 View Post
Question 2 - Which of the 2 cars should I consider to sell?
If you consider restrictions in NCR, then the Verna better for a sale - possibly to outside NCR ? That will also leave you with one SUV and one hatch. A decent combination.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 21:29   #412
BHPian

Re: The 'Garage dilemma' thread : Buy / sell / keep / shuffle my cars

Hello everyone,

We have a 2011 Toyota Innova VX as well as 2014 Honda City iDTEC VMT at home and both were bought used when the Innova was just 75000 Kms on the odo in 2016 and now,it has run 1.75L Kms,in which we had clocked 1,00,000 Kms in 4.5 years while the Honda City was bought used in 2017 when the odo was at 35000 Kms and the present odo of the City is shade more than 1,05,000 Kms as of today.

Now,we are in the dilemma whether to let go off any of our 2 cars soon.

We felt that it is the time to let go off the Innova as it is a 10 year old and giving less FE,due to which the Diesel bills are pinching our pockets badly,especially after the increase in fuel rates.The Innova is reliable and we recently did a 1500 Kms trip to Tirupati and reached home safely without any issues.Now,the thing is,why we are planning to sell off the Innova as we felt expensive to maintain due to being a 10 year old car and despite it is aged well,still getting the service bills of Rs.15-20k for every 10K Kms intervals and had 2 accidents in recent times.

Thats the reason why we are planning to sell off our Innova.

Coming to Honda City,this one has few issues but not major though.Mine is a 2014 June manufactured car,which had QC issues and luckily,I don't have any QC issues in my car apart from ABS warning light,which I should get it replaced soon.This is the car which I prefer to drive in city due to its FE of 17-18 Kmpl in city(had achieved 21.3 Kmpl in city as well)and easy to drive nature and cheaper to maintain(we got the service bills of clost to Rs.10k but a major 1L Kms service costed us Rs.17.5k).Now,I've given this car for removal of dents and full body paint as a part of midlife makeover as it has scratches all over the car and few dents as well.

And,recently,got the tyres replaced to 195/60R15 Yoko Earth-1 before crossing 1L Kms on the odo.

Now,the plan is to replace the Innova with a Seltos or Creta(both Diesel AT)despite being aware of recent brake issues and Seltos crash test result,I'm still inclined towards the Seltos/Creta and as our running might get reduced,I feel that a crossover can fulfill our needs as we don't need a 7/8 seater car anymore and retain the City for sometime and will let the City go off after an year or two for Crysta only if dad doesn't get satisfied with 5 seater car.

Or,if the 7 seater is required,will replace the Innova with Crysta and later on,will replace the City with Sonet Diesel AT or Seltos Diesel AT or Thar Diesel AT if all goes well.

Had considered the Harrier/Safari but my dad being averse to brand Tata,had to struck it off from the list and according to him,it doesn't make sense to spend Rs.25L on a Tata vehicle and instead,purchasing the Crysta is way better than purchasing the Harrier/Safari if one is spending Rs.25L of hard earned money.
Old 18th March 2021, 22:10   #413
BHPian

What Car Do I sell. Advice needed on garage reshuffle

Dear Team,

Please vote after reading this post.

6 years after my last dilemma (Confusing permutations: Advice on garage reshuffle) I am in a similar situation

I have recently bought a Thar, and need to sell one car from the existing garage.

I have to take a call between selling off either the Indica Vista or the Hyundai Creta or the Suzuki Baleno.

Name:  Screenshot 20210318 at 9.47.50 PM.png
Views: 491
Size:  160.1 KB

A little more details about the cars
Indica Vista - Diesel, 2009, Completed 70,000 kms
Reason to retain - will be appointing a driver and use this car for my mother and for household duties

Hyundai Creta - Petrol, 2016, Completed 60,000 kms
Reason to retain - is the most comfortable car in the garage right now. Even though it is a Petrol, all out of town trips - 200 km or 1000 km were done in this car because of the comfort and strain free drive this car offers.

Suzuki Baleno - Diesel, 2015, Completed 73,000 kms
Reason to retain - used by my wife, she drives around 50 kms a day and would prefer a diesel car.
The Thar cannot be her daily drive because her parking at work would not accommodate the Thar
If this is sold, the Creta will become her daily drive

Question for the house - which one do I sell ? and what would be your logic behind your vote
Old 18th March 2021, 22:22   #414
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: What Car Do I sell. Advice needed on garage reshuffle

#1. Sell the Indica only if it is fetching good value in the market.

#2. Else sell the Baleno which should fetch you good value. If #1 is not true then retaining and maintaining the Indica will be cheap. Even though old, getting spares shouldn't be a problem. If and when it troubles you, sell off/exchange the Indica, get the exchange bonus, use the sale price of Baleno and get a new car .
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 22:24   #415
Senior - BHPian

My suggestion is, please do NOT decide based on the votes on the poll.. Take all the suggestions from this thread, analyse and take a decision based on best convincing analysis.

Going by the data you have given, Indica is the oldest and has run 70k. Being Tata, it would have already started giving troubles or would start in a very near future.

So, in my opinion, it is safe to sell Indica.

Last edited by gkveda : 18th March 2021 at 22:39.
gkveda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 22:43   #416
Distinguished - BHPian

Doc, my take: Sell the Baleno

1. better re-sale price
2. Wife can use the Creta, a better car than the Baleno.
3. You get the Thar
4. Indica Vista is a fair car, and best as a beater between these, esp with driver coming in. And also the lower re-sale price. And I think this will be the least used car amongst the 3. It is actually a decent car - you have had it this long. I have driven it too.

This way, you retain the best car in the garage, get a good re-sale price on the Baleno, have a beater in the Vista, and you get the Thar.

Last edited by condor : 18th March 2021 at 22:44.
condor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 23:03   #417
BHPian

I'll go against the grain and suggest you let go of the Creta. It will hold its value and you'll get a good price.

Wife can use the baleno. Vista can be used for city runabouts.
Old 18th March 2021, 23:25   #418
Senior - BHPian

If you don't have financial constraints, sell the Vista. Let your mom be chauffeured around in style in the Creta. You can use it for long distance drives too. A 12 year old Tata Will break down at some point and taking that risk with your mom does not feel right.
Old 18th March 2021, 23:45   #419
Senior - BHPian

It seems the Vista is best let off. Not because it is a Tata, rather because it is the oldest (12 years). The remaining three, the Baleno, Thar and Creta can be rotated between each family member for their use.

Reason why the Creta is to be retained is because it is the only car in which you can do outstation trips in comfort. So that can't be sold. The Baleno is a fairly reliable & much more newer car and can serve your wife and mother better than the Vista.

Last edited by TrackDay : 18th March 2021 at 23:48.
Old 18th March 2021, 23:54   #420
Distinguished - BHPian

If you own multiple cars, Never buy a car , before you have sold one!

My wife has this deal: I can have three cars, any thee cars, on top of our regular two runners and my company tin.

But a fourth car is not a topic of discussion. She won’t even listen to me. Sell one car first and then we will talk is her mantra. Keeps me honest and never overcommit.

Jeroen
Jeroen is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks