Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2017, 08:46   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Ford EcoSport AT vs Honda Jazz CVT. EDIT: EcoSport booked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
You can check with other ford dealers in the city or the nearby places. Maybe they have the car in a colour of your choice.
I checked and apparently none of them have any stock left. The problem is not many people would opt for the petrol AT variant and hence they must not have a huge inventory for the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
Since you currently own a Sunny, you must be aware of Nissan ownership. Depending on that, you can also consider a Micra XV CVT. You should be able to get a pretty great deal. Brio is another car, that keeps coming to ind seeing your requirements.
Thanks to my experience with Nissan, I will never buy from them again. Non-existent after sales support. In my 4 years of ownership of the Sunny, 3 dealerships have come and gone. And this is in heart of Delhi where in a stretch of 2 kms, you will find every dealer from the Indian car market right from Maruti to JLR!

Brio is too low for his liking. And cramped too. He expressed interest in opting for the Creta if Ecosport doesn't work out. Let us see how things proceed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Doc, don't let the car go only for this. It's an easy aftermarket fit.
Sir will definitely take a look at the aftermarket options. If there is one available, then will definitely opt for the 2017 variant. Even the one shared above from Ebay by another member sounds promising.

Last edited by drmohitg : 1st March 2017 at 08:52.
Old 1st March 2017, 10:36   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Sir will definitely take a look at the aftermarket options. If there is one available, then will definitely opt for the 2017 variant. Even the one shared above from Ebay by another member sounds promising.
There's always one & even if you like to get it done by yourself...here you go - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...t-armrest.html
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 10:48   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
There's always one & even if you like to get it done by yourself...here you go - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...t-armrest.html
Yes I did already read this thread. But I am not the DIY kind of a guy. The fit and finish is still a suspect with these aftermarket products. Let us see. The WRV is a no go too now since it is not coming with a AT box.
Old 1st March 2017, 11:24   #49
BHPian

Ford EcoSport AT vs Honda Jazz CVT

Doesn't your heart yearn for a polo gt tsi? Very easy drive for city and will be cheaper than ecosport. Amount saved can be put in account for if any dsg troubles which are rarer now.

Last edited by drchernish : 1st March 2017 at 11:27.
Old 1st March 2017, 12:47   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
Doesn't your heart yearn for a polo gt tsi? Very easy drive for city and will be cheaper than ecosport. Amount saved can be put in account for if any dsg troubles which are rarer now.
I have a 320d for those times. So I do not really fancy the Polo GT TSI. The car is for my dad and the low seating of the Polo combined with overall lack of space inside is a downer. The associated headache of owning a VW car with the uncertainty of the DSG box make it a non-contender for us. Moreover I still might have overlooked these factors if it was for my daily drive. But not for my father.
Old 1st March 2017, 13:27   #51
BHPian

I would suggest a Jazz V CVT as you had originally planned. Creta (remember Creta AT has only 2 airbags) and the money you save can be used elsewhere on another car upgrade. Jazz is reliable and easy to drive and maintain. Like you i also do not like and trust Maruti products because they rattle and are cheap build and do not last so i would not recommend you a Maruti.
Old 1st March 2017, 15:01   #52
BHPian

Quote:
He expressed interest in opting for the Creta if Ecosport doesn't work out. Let us see how things proceed.
Wouldn't Creta be too large for city use that your father intends to do and dilute the value of having automatic, which was intended for city use by your father? Ecosport with rear wheel outside 4 meters was itself pushing the boundaries slightly.

All said and done, Jazz or something smaller in automatic would be significantly more easier to maneuver in the city conditions than the likes of Creta, even though they are SUV and provide higher seating.
autorahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 15:34   #53
BHPian

Quote:
The reason is that they have decided to remove two crucial features:

1. Driver's armrest.
2. Driver's lumbar support.
For what its worth I personally don't find above two feature very useful in current form.

Driver's armrest is very small and for my sitting position it intrudes when I need to pull parking brake. Most of my driving is in city and I always keep armrest in folded up position.

I don't find lumber support good enough as well, I use mesh backrest all the time.

Your mileage may vary.
browneyes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 15:58   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
Wouldn't Creta be too large for city use that your father intends to do and dilute the value of having automatic, which was intended for city use by your father? Ecosport with rear wheel outside 4 meters was itself pushing the boundaries slightly.
Absolutely agree with you. Why do you think we haven't already paid the booking amount for Creta. It will be too big for everyday drive. Also it isn't really VFM at that price point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyes View Post
For what its worth I personally don't find above two feature very useful in current form.

Driver's armrest is very small and for my sitting position it intrudes when I need to pull parking brake. Most of my driving is in city and I always keep armrest in folded up position.
Well honestly I haven't ever used Lumbar support as it is unavailable in any of the cars I have owned till now. So I really clueless about its advantage in the real world. But I did find the armrest useful. Rather very useful. How many times does one need to use the parking brake in an AT car after all. I understand that you can keep your arm folded and all that but that way then it sounds like a compromise to me. I still might make it since even with this disadvantage, the car itself still feels like tremendous VFM.

Last edited by navin : 1st March 2017 at 16:09.
Old 1st March 2017, 16:11   #55
BHPian

If you are not in a hurry to get the car maybe you can wait for the all new ford ecosport launching in the upcoming festive season. It should be having everything you desire including hopefully power retractable outer wing mirrors.
drchernish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 16:20   #56
BHPian

Doc, I don't have a pic right now, but I am using the below linked Armrest in my ecosport, because its wider and can accomodate both driver and co-passenger's armrest needs. It fits into the cup holder and is such a good fit that it doesn't even rattle. I will try sending you the fitment picture over whatsapp.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/For-...3-2dc20d917340
BB311 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 16:35   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
Doc, I don't have a pic right now, but I am using the below linked Armrest in my ecosport, because its wider and can accomodate both driver and co-passenger's armrest needs. It fits into the cup holder and is such a good fit that it doesn't even rattle.
This looks really great. Thanks for sharing the picture. Where did you get it fixed or did you do it yourself? Please do share the picture of your ride with the armrest. This just might solve my predicament.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
If you are not in a hurry to get the car maybe you can wait for the all new ford ecosport launching in the upcoming festive season. It should be having everything you desire including hopefully power retractable outer wing mirrors.
I had thought about it and dismissed the idea since I am sure the 11L OTR price will be jacked up by another 1L for sure when that model comes. The current car is fairly well kitted. The auto-folding ORVMs are definitely a very welcome addition and honestly a glaring omission in the current model. The dates for the launch of the new model are yet not known and only rumoured to be around Diwali. To think of it, I might just wait too. If they increase the prices by too much then will opt for a hatchback instead like Jazz or Grand i10.

Last edited by drmohitg : 1st March 2017 at 16:38.
Old 2nd March 2017, 16:49   #58
BHPian

Quote:
This looks really great. Thanks for sharing the picture. Where did you get it fixed or did you do it yourself? Please do share the picture of your ride with the armrest. This just might solve my predicament.
Adding images for everyone's benefit herr
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport AT vs Honda Jazz CVT. EDIT: EcoSport booked!-1488453533800.jpg  

Ford EcoSport AT vs Honda Jazz CVT. EDIT: EcoSport booked!-1488453546787.jpg  

Ford EcoSport AT vs Honda Jazz CVT. EDIT: EcoSport booked!-1488453558301.jpg  

BB311 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th March 2017, 13:34   #59
BHPian

Ford EcoSport AT vs Honda Jazz CVT

I have also postponed the decision to buy a top end automatic by 6-8 months under 15 lacs,with plans of the new polo floating around would not like to be stuck with a completely old generation car for next 6-8 years.Maybe some other manufacturer may see sense and launch a fully loaded automatic (presently only figo n polo and ecosport have it).

Last edited by drchernish : 5th March 2017 at 13:36.
Old 25th March 2017, 11:25   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Update: After another round of TD and assessment, finally booked the Ecosport AT again. The Jazz was quite a close contender and honestly in city driving, I found it more peppier than the Ecosport. Also the Gear shifts are much more smoother in the CVT than the DCT box. The lighter weight of the Jazz is definitely at play here. But overall the build quality of the Ecosport felt much better and coupled with the additional safety features and a higher seating position, it finally won. The interiors of Jazz were too flashy for my taste with the ICE looking like an aftermarket Chinese product. The ugly black plastic over the start stop button is an additional eye sore and Honda should have hidden it in a better way.
drmohitg is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks