Team-BHP - Maruti: Baleno vs Dzire
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   Maruti: Baleno vs Dzire (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/188568-maruti-baleno-vs-dzire-3.html)

I voted for Baleno. The sedan form itself will be obsolete in the coming years (at least that's my wish! It is being displaced by hatchbacks at the lower end of the price spectrum and SUVs at the higher end. This is especially applicable to Indian road conditions.

I voted for the baleno!
A great value for money car, available in CVT which is a lot smoother than AMT and being a Delhi resident, automatic is my choice for the next car. Build quality of both dzire and baleno is just satisfactory as compared to the competition, hence we can't differentiate them on the basis of build :) Baleno has better driving dynamics according to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oxy (Post 4233570)
Also, the price difference between the Dzire ZXI AMT and ZXI+ AMT is more than a lakh. What do we get in the ZXI+ other than LED projector headlamps, DRLs, reverse camera and diamond cut alloys?

A 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, Navigation and offline Voice Commands.

I voted for the Baleno for..

01. Looks, i somehow find it the better looking, the new Dzire does not
appeal to me.

02. Having sat in both, the rear seats of the Baleno were more comfortable.

thanks

Voted for the Baleno. I drove both cars back to back in Bangalore. First the Dzire at Kalyani Motors Bannerghata road and then Baleno at Kalyani Nexa at JP nagar after 30 minutes. I am only interested in the automatic version of the cars and after driving the Dzire AMT and Baleno CVT, I felt Baleno was smoother and felt more plush and comfortable. If not the Baleno, then my only other choice is Jazz

Thanks for starting this thread Vishy76!! I am sure a lot of people are trying to decide between the two.

I voted for the Baleno, that's the car my heart wants. But I have booked a Dzire stupid:

Baleno scores in looks appearing larger and more premium. Plus some features like the reliable (but boring) CVT, Auto dimming rear view mirror, center arm rest, UV cut glasses, better colors (subjective). But I mainly decided to go for the Dzire due to the absence of a fully loaded automatic variant on the Baleno :Frustrati.

The Dzire AGS has the fun to drive (automatic with the option of manual) factor. But at the same time there's the question of long term reliability which will be open for a few more years. I am praying it ends up being reliable and keeps me happy for a long time!!

Personally I would go for a premium hatch back rather than a sub 4m sedan (No offense here).

So Baleno for me over Dzire.

It would depend upon the type of usage for most people-

1. Dzire- It's more likely meant to be a family car. The boot makes it more practical as one may carry those heavy luggage for the odd trips to hometowns/ hills/ beach. If you've a hatchback already in house/ if you're buying your first car, Dzire makes more sense.

2. Baleno- It's for the young chaps/ couples, most of them would be upgrading from an small hatch to premium hatch/ buying their first car/ buying one in addition to a sedan/ SUV already.

:OT PS- Practicality of the car makes more sense to me than anything else.

My vote goes to the Baleno. With a budget of around 7L, I was looking at the Dzire Vxi and the Baleno Delta. The Dzire felt a bit more nimble to drive and the flat bottomed steering felt better to hold. Other than that it was Baleno all the way. The interiors are much more spacious and the build is better. It was able to mask high speeds better than the Baleno. The additional features on the Delta variant w.r.t. the Dzire Vxi made the entire package much more VFM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djay (Post 4234254)
But I mainly decided to go for the Dzire due to the absence of a fully loaded automatic variant on the Baleno :Frustrati.

This is no longer true. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...oom-delhi.html

It would be prudent to update the first post to mention the availability Baleno Alpha CVT. It's a major point of comparison for metro/urban buyers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by autorahul (Post 4247010)

Thanks for pointing this out! Sorry, I did not update my post. I have already cancelled my Dzire booking and booked a Baleno Alpha CVT :D.Maruti launched the Alpha CVT just a week before my scheduled Dzire delivery. Talk about timing!!

What Irony!
This poll results put the verdict clearly in favour of the Baleno.
70% of the votes went to the Baleno, and 30% went to the dezire.

On the Sale chart, it is exactly the opposite. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhishek46 (Post 4286864)
What Irony!
This poll results put the verdict clearly in favour of the Baleno.
70% of the votes went to the Baleno, and 30% went to the dezire.

On the Sale chart, it is exactly the opposite. :D

It may come down to no of outlets selling both (countless MS showrooms vs Nexa ones).

This is exactly my conundrum today. But first, my current situation:
1. Own a Ford Figo (2011 diesel model). I was quite happy with it 5o the extent that my father proposed a new car about six months back & I thought Figo was good for another two years.
2. However, since it crossed 80k marks, problems & noises are abound. We have another Figo (2012 Diesel) in our garage, that one is still amazing at 100k+. But this one just went from good to worse in a matter of months.
3. I shifted from Patiala/ Jammu to Noida/ Delhi. With bigger cities comes more traffic and more Punjabi helping verbs.
4. With child growing, wife needs an easier driving option too.
5. Recently Ford ASS has been very disappointing. Also the repair costs are burning a hole in my pocket now.

with this background I am in the market for a new ride.
Requirements:
1. Sub 10 lakh budget.
2. Sticking with Maruti or Hyundai due to past experiences of bad & costly ASS.
3. Automatic; because - - > traffic of Noida/Delhi & easier for wife (she doesn't drive often, but would need to now)
4. Usage would be less than 1k km per month, so sticking with Petrol this time.
5. Most of the driving would be city driving with occasional highway tryst.

So with above in mind, it boiled down to the following:
1. Baleno
2. Dzire
3. & i20

i20 lost out because of older model & costly automatic version.

So today I went for test drives. Loved the CVT Baleno & Dzire is scheduled for tomorrow. Currently the vis a vis position is :
1. Wife & I love the compact hatchback, parents find sedan to be more premium.
2. Is the lower kurb weight of Baleno an issue?
3. Are automatics any different to maintain?
4. I am tilting towards Baleno because of more premium quality, roomy cabin & bigger tyres.
5. Can I get UV cut glasses as an accessory?
6. Am I making a mistake by switching to petrol from diesel?
7. I got my old car evaluated at both the dealerships. The final price being quoted is different at both the places. Difference of about 50k. This is what makes Dzire deal sweeter.
8. Why is Nexa dealer trying to push me towards Ignis?
9. Even the waiting period in Dzire is less, a difference of more than 2 months.

.... & the debate continues.