Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: The new 2017 Dzire or the Baleno? Pick your choice.
Maruti Dzire 86 31.16%
Maruti Baleno 190 68.84%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2017, 09:49   #46
BHPian

Re: Maruti: Baleno vs Dzire

Quote:
Originally Posted by singlaankush View Post
This is exactly my conundrum today. But first, my current situation:
2. Is the lower kurb weight of Baleno an issue?

Having driven the Baleno on multiple highway drives, I haven't found any stability issues whatsoever and nor have other owners. All variants also come with ABS+EBD and 2 airbags as standard.

3. Are automatics any different to maintain?

Not particularly. Only the transmission fluid replacement interval might be slightly different.

5. Can I get UV cut glasses as an accessory?

Baleno gets UV cut glasses by default. Don't think it's available as an accessory.

6. Am I making a mistake by switching to petrol from diesel?

Your usage pattern of less than 1k per month warrants a petrol.

7. I got my old car evaluated at both the dealerships. The final price being quoted is different at both the places. Difference of about 50k. This is what makes Dzire deal sweeter.

You'll always get a better price if you're willing to sell the car to a buyer directly.

8. Why is Nexa dealer trying to push me towards Ignis?

Ignis isn't moving quick off the shelf and the RM will have some promised incentives on the sale of Ignis.

9. Even the waiting period in Dzire is less, a difference of more than 2 months.

Dzire Automatic is an AMT and the Baleno is a CVT. CVT has proven to be a superior gearbox in terms of driveability and reliability. You might experience the jerky drive you get with the Dzire especially when you intend to drive a little more aggressively. Drive it and decide.

Also, Baleno is a little more spacious and has more features than the Dzire. The only thing Dzire offers over Baleno is the boot space. All the best with the decision!
Old 18th October 2017, 10:23   #47
Senior - BHPian

I have voted for the Dzire. My reasons:
1) After all, its a 03 box "sedan"= Lambi Gaadi. Baleno is a grown up hatch. The perception of a sedan vs a hatch comes in play.
2) Its got 40 lts of additional space. Seldom do we fold seats and free up cargo space. The additional bag space will help.
3) The new Dzire proportions looks wee bit better and planted as compared to the Baleno. In no way am I saying the Baleno stance is bad, but the Dzire looks better planted.
4) Its got a black vs a beige. I am a strong advocate of all Black interiors yet go with the Dzire on the sheer fact that it has got a roomier feel.

Only grouse is the delectable Balono colour MID that is missing in the Dzire. Wished they planted the Baleno MID atleast for the ZDI and ZDI+.
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 11:04   #48

Thanks @added_flavour for your views.

1. UV cut glasses aren't included in delta version. But comes in zeta and above trims. I wonder if I can get them as add-on.
2. About the different evaluation of car, I am wondering how can Maruti True Value at two different dealerships give two separate estimates for my older car for exchange.
3. Ground clearance could be a major deal breaker. My old Figo had GC of 168 & it was quite a problem at times. Dzire with GC of 163.... Why Maruti, why?
4. Another major point against Dzire is the puny tyres.

More I think more I tilt towards Baleno.

Regards
Old 18th October 2017, 12:10   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

2. Is the lower kurb weight of Baleno an issue?
7. I got my old car evaluated at both the dealerships. The final price being quoted is different at both the places. Difference of about 50k. This is what makes Dzire deal sweeter.
9. Even the waiting period in Dzire is less, a difference of more than 2 months.
2. Kerb weight for both is almost similar since Dzire is based out of Baleno's platform

5. You cannot get UV cut glass as an accessory.
7. Nexa is known to offer very low resale value for cars compared to True value.

8. Ignis has not been selling well hardly 4-5k ,hence the push.
9. Waiting period for Dzire and Baleno is almost the same now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post

Also, Baleno is a little more spacious and has more features than the Dzire. The only thing Dzire offers over Baleno is the boot space. All the best with the decision!
Baleno's boot space is rated at 339 Litres and this is till parcel tray. If you remove parcel tray you get almost the same amount of space as Dzire.
Also Baleno has added advantage of 60:40 split seats to car odd/long things which is not possible in Dzire.
Old 18th October 2017, 12:22   #50
BHPian

A hatch boot capacity is measured only till the parcel trey I guess. But for all practical purposes, comparing a hatchback and a sedan of same length for "luggage carrying capacity", hatchback is more spacious and flexible (split rear seats as well as more vertical space if you remove parcel tray).

Compact sedans hardly make any sense to me. I would rather buy a compact SUV.

From the two options to vote, Baleno for me. Dezire is good for taxi, baleno all the way as I drive myself.
Old 19th October 2017, 00:57   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post

5. You cannot get UV cut glass as an accessory.
7. Nexa is known to offer very low resale value for cars compared to True value.

9. Waiting period for Dzire and Baleno is almost the same now.
5. I think that is one way of up selling your trims.
7. Hmmm... In a country like ours, won't that be a deal breaker for many?
9. I was quoted 6 weeks for Baleno & 16 weeks for Dzire.
Old 19th October 2017, 17:53   #52
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
This is exactly my conundrum today. But first, my current situation:

.... & the debate continues.

Not directly from Maruti. Talk to 3M Car Care, I am sure they do it.

6. Am I making a mistake by switching to petrol from diesel?

Not at all. For your running a petrol is sufficient.

No idea about this. Let the Nexa dealer know of the other offer and push for that price. Or else put the vehicle up for sale on OLX and other similar platforms. And try to get a quote from Cars24.

Ignis is a slow moving model, also doesn't look all that flash.

Also, make sure you take a look at the Honda Jazz CVT (Privilege Edition) before taking a decision. I was in the same situation a few months ago and it was a tough call indeed. I ended up choosing the Baleno (Alpha CVT) and took delivery today.

Last edited by Oxy : 19th October 2017 at 18:01.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks