Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2018, 07:48   #106
BHPian

Re: Sold Ciaz - now confused between the City, Verna & Creta

@nitink - Thank you. Will look at Ecosport today - that was the one car I somehow missed. Alos, agree with your remarks about Amaze, space is lesser than Zest, as is build, so dont see a benefit.

And it's not about wanting a perfect car - is it really an upgrade, if I'm not getting better ride comfort, driveability and reliability? I'm not complaining - if lower segment cars offer so much VFM that I'm not seeing value in the next segment, thats just great and a sign that free markets and competition is working for us !!
Old 30th August 2018, 08:15   #107
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBstoTBs View Post

And it's not about wanting a perfect car - is it really an upgrade, if I'm not getting better ride comfort, driveability and reliability? I'm not complaining - if lower segment cars offer so much VFM that I'm not seeing value in the next segment, thats just great and a sign that free markets and competition is working for us !!
I will also suggest you to have a look at the Figo Twins. They are fun to drive and are a great VFM. However, the space inside can be an issue for you. I am 5ft 10inches and have a laid back driving style. With me on the driver's seat, they is alot of space left on the rear seat. No one so far jas complained about the rear seat in my Aspire. Second downside is that there is no touch screen on offer. Apart from this, I think it is a decent package. The smaller footprint will also make it easy to drive in crawling city traffic and on those narrow roads. I agree it will not be an upgrade, but it is more sensible according to me as the traffic is going to increase day by day and a smaller car will always be helpful.
_nitink_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 08:24   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post
Hi Friends

Please help me out to decide my next car.

Thank you
Why not look at the Vento DSG? You may get a diesel automatic (negotiation) at the price of a City Petrol Manual. The maintainence which is perceived to be very expensive is on par with City. Infact been hearing that the spares of city is expensive than Vento.

Would have suggested the Rapid but after hearing about its miserable after sales service in Mumbai recently I would suggest not to go that way. They have digged their grave by themselves.

Creta is perfect for your requirement, light steering and a decent A to Be car. But do take a test drive of Vento TDI. I am sure you would consider it even if you don't buy it at the end of the day.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 30th August 2018 at 08:27. Reason: Quoted post trimmed. Please avoid quoting a long post - inconveniences small screen users. Thanks.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 10:06   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Confession - I have been lurking on this thread because I'm in a similar situation for past 3 months.
If you are not a speed junkie, why don't you consider Ciaz, with the new 1.5l K15 engine, it has become peppier, but auto box is a let down so you got settle with a manual, it drives well. You are talking mostly about rear seat comfort, except City no one can come closer to Ciaz in that department. You will save couple of lakhs from your budget.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 30th August 2018 at 11:52. Reason: Trimming quoted post. A large quoted post inconveniences our small screen users. Thanks.
joe_antony is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 13:11   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_antony View Post
If you are not a speed junkie, why don't you consider Ciaz, with the new 1.5l K15 engine,
I do like the thrill of speed, but it's not a deal breaker. Only doubt I can keep a Maruti for 8-10 years. I hate letting go of my cars, (sold the Civic only because I was in need of money and someone I knew offered 90% of the showroom price for it). My FNG person tells me Marutis and Tatas are more corrosion prone. I'm seeing that with my Zest within a year of moving to Mumbai. Am going to TD Ecosport and will also look in at Ciaz. Thanks again.
Old 31st August 2018, 10:44   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Why not look at the Vento DSG? You may get a diesel automatic (negotiation) at the price of a City Petrol Manual. The maintainence which is perceived to be very expensive is on par with City. Infact been hearing that the spares of city is expensive than Vento.

Would have suggested the Rapid but after hearing about its miserable after sales service in Mumbai recently I would suggest not to go that way. They have digged their grave by themselves.

Creta is perfect for your requirement, light steering and a decent A to Be car. But do take a test drive of Vento TDI. I am sure you would consider it even if you don't buy it at the end of the day.

Well its almost an year now after this thread. I bought Creta E plus in diesel. Totally satisfied with the ride. I have done almost 14k kms. Yes i did TD the vento. Its a nice car with DSG. Only issue is that i feel cramped inside it. It is not that i am very tall or bulky but i liked the roominess which my previous cars Ciaz and Swift offered. I got that in Creta too.
RaSing is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2018, 12:36   #112
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd September 2018 at 13:56.
VWAllstar is offline   Received Infraction
Old 28th October 2018, 09:39   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _nitink_ View Post
I will also suggest you to have a look at the Figo Twins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_antony View Post
If you are not a speed junkie, why don't you consider Ciaz, with the new 1.5l K15 engine
Thanks a lot for helping me focus. I did TD Ecosport, Ciaz and Aspire. Finally, ended up buying the Corolla Altis J petrol manual, . This is a bigger car than I wanted, but it fulfills all my requirements - seating comfort, adequate power, good brakes and safety, without busting my budget too badly, thanks to the corporate and festival discounts offered.

I hope the Toyota badge will give me a peaceful ownership experience for a decade+.

Last edited by MBstoTBs : 28th October 2018 at 09:40. Reason: Spaces
MBstoTBs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 12:44   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot for helping me focus. I did TD Ecosport, Ciaz and Aspire. Finally, ended up buying the Corolla Altis J petrol manual, . This is a bigger car than I wanted, but it fulfills all my requirements - seating comfort, adequate power, good brakes and safety, without busting my budget too badly, thanks to the corporate and festival discounts offered.

I hope the Toyota badge will give me a peaceful ownership experience for a decade+.
Congrats MBstoTBs. Its a good choice and bang for the buck. Enjoy the happy miles ahead.
Old 30th October 2018, 13:48   #115

Quote:
Thanks a lot for helping me focus. I did TD Ecosport, Ciaz and Aspire. Finally, ended up buying the Corolla Altis J petrol manual,
Congratulations , you mean "G" petrol manual. Would love to see some photos (of both interior and exterior). It would be great if you could also share the deal you got.

Last edited by ACFT : 30th October 2018 at 13:57. Reason: Correction regarding variant name.
Old 3rd November 2018, 07:29   #116
BHPian

My Dad is looking to replace his 2007 City with a new car. Had booked nexon diesel amt but the poor response from tata made him cancel the booking and reconsider his decision. Now we are looking at City V MT and Verna SX manual both in petrol. There's roughly a difference of 50k ex showroom and he cannot make a call on which is better. Verna seems like a complete package but we are not so sure of the engine as compared to the city in terms of fuel efficiency and reliability.
The car will be driven equally on highways and in the city and for long distances we have an Octavia too. The basic requirement from this car is good drivability in the city and an overall stress free ownership with a decent Fuel efficiency.
We don't change our cars often and it'll surely be a long termer. Is Verna reliable and is the overall cost of ownership low/same as city?
Old 3rd November 2018, 15:52   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post
The basic requirement from this car is good drivability in the city and an overall stress free ownership with a decent Fuel efficiency.
We don't change our cars often and it'll surely be a long termer. Is Verna reliable and is the overall cost of ownership low/same as city?
Honda City fuel efficiency is better than Verna from what I know based on feedback from owners. I haven't seen folks complaining about cost of ownership in case of Verna so I guess it will be equal or less than City. Honda City parts are expensive when needed. Though you will keep the cars for long term, Verna is likely to fetch lower resale value in the end due to brand pull of City. Would recommend City AT if in budget as it will be very comfortable to drive in the 'city' and the engine is well proven since ages.
sunilch is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2018, 20:03   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACFT View Post
Congratulations , you mean "G" petrol manual. Would love to see some photos. It would be great if you could also share the deal you got.
Sorry for the late response. Have been travelling since the next day after I got delivery - drove it for all of 12 km. Will surely put up photos and my comments, when I return in January. And no, I did mean J+, not G. My deal
85k discount
13.4 lakh ex showroom price
17.4 lakh on road price
After the euphoria over GST, our government is back dipping into our pockets at all pretexts.

Last edited by MBstoTBs : 26th November 2018 at 20:03. Reason: spaces
MBstoTBs is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks