Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2017, 17:29   #31
BHPian

Re: Sold Ciaz - now confused between the City, Verna & Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post
So that one is around 17.10-17.15 OTR Delhi now :|. Anyways Thanks for sharing that info.

To be honest, i did have a look at olx and quikr for some used citys and Cretas, but haven't had any experience of buying a used car till now, I fear wasting a lot of money by buying a used car from a car dealer in case it turns out be a lemon. If the car is from a known source, i can still think about it. But what i have seen is that even a car which shows signs of driven or maintained recklessly are listed with words as excellent condition, next to showroom and all that . In fact, every other advertisement mentions the car as in excellent condition.

I think you are right saying Octavia is an upgrade, but then i think it is the negative reviews of maintenance that holds me back for it. As i said, i am used to MASS like services and cost of ownership. I think about the worse case scenarios of major parts giving in and the cost of replacing them
Let me stir things up a bit more, now that you have shown interest in pre loved vehicles.
For the budget that you have, you can also get the following:
1. VW Jetta : European build, nuff said. Service can be a hit or a miss.
2. C Class/3Series/A4 : Takes care of the show off bit
3. Pajero Sport : Delhi Dreams!
4. Corolla Altis : Hassle free ownership, 88bhp engine(underpowered). You will get good mileage and all the bells and whistles (No Automatic in Diesel)

Did not go into the D Segment including Camry, Accord, Passat, Endeavor & Santa Fe.

Last edited by aqualeo2040 : 9th October 2017 at 17:33.
aqualeo2040 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2017, 15:45   #32
BHPian

UPDATE: I am still in a dilemma.

Basis:
1)I have this thought that i should not spend more than 11-12L on Road.
2) I am still not 100 percent sure if i should get an automatic.
3) There is no perfect car that i see is available.
4) Petrol car would not give decent mileage in City Traffic.
5) No Diesel Auto(apart from AMTs) in less than 14L.
6)Heart Says go for Creta
7) Mind Says Creta E+ Diesel- saves you couple of lakhs, but skips on Automatic.Also i could not find a good seating position in one of the Self Drive Creta E+. May be due to lack of height adjustment
8) Would want Creta AUTO but comes for around 16.5 OTR Delhi that too the S+ Version.
9) Honda City: After reading so many reviews i believe it has light build quality plus the mileage factor in city traffic
10) Vento DSG Diesel: I think it looks outdated with less features offered compared to others in competition.
11) Verna: As i mentioned: less cabin space

In Short - I feel it is my greed to get all good features on one car and that too in less than 12 L . I will never be able to decide.
RaSing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2017, 16:17   #33
BHPian

I started the car hunt with Creta in 2015 & ended up buying a pre-owned VW Jetta DSG Highline. It has been a dream run with the car since then. My requirements were quite similar to yours. I suggest you to give it a try.
bhavik.1991 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2017, 17:48   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post
UPDATE: I am still in a dilemma.
Honda City: After reading so many reviews i believe it has light build quality plus the mileage factor in city traffic
With regards to this point, we have 2009 Honda City, and it runs in NCR mostly and to this day the mileage is still around 13km/l. It largely depends on how you drive it, but I would count it as amongst the most fuel efficient engines that churn out >100 BHP. With automatic, you can still get around 10 km/l. The sheet metal quality may not be best, but its still a huge upgrade over the Ciaz.

With all the issues regarding pollution that Delhi is facing, I feel there might be some rash decisions by the court and diesel cars may be one of the first to be impacted, whether through some restrictions, taxations or an outright ban on their sales. Hence diesel cars in NCR are not going to be my top choices currently.

Even in diesel automatics, it might be better to re-evaluate Verna vs Creta, if that allows it to be in your budget. Verna gives perception of less room because of sloping roofline, but I felt it to be on par with Creta. If possible, check it out by loading it with prospective passengers.

Creta isn't amongst very roomy cars either. In fact I felt it to be closer in terms of space to Nexon (whose diesel AT is coming soon too) than too City/Ciaz.
Old 11th November 2017, 12:58   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
Creta isn't amongst very roomy cars either. In fact I felt it to be closer in terms of space to Nexon (whose diesel AT is coming soon too) than too City/Ciaz.
We have a 2009 City and 2017 Creta in family garage. Everyone is happy with the space in both vehicles but Creta is preferred due to height. Same observations for my FIL's 2013 Verna. All 3 offer equal-ish space and level of comfort but ride height is the distinguishing factor for co-passengers.

As a driver I am biased in favour of Creta by a wide margin, mainly due to matured suspension, diesel engine and extra GC.
Old 6th February 2018, 15:16   #36
Senior - BHPian

New Verna SX Petrol vs Creta 1.4D S+

Hey BHPians;

So heres the thing. I sold my beloved 2012 Rapid TDI earlier this week and in the look out for a new ride.
My budget is between 11-13 Lakhs.

In the last 2 days, I have test driven almost every car in the 10-12 Lakh segment. Starting with the S-Cross, Ecosport, Nexon, New Verna, Creta Diesel and Petrol and even the Vento Tsi.

Although most of these cars are good in their own way, My final 2 choices are Verna Petrol SX MT and the Creta 1.4D S+.

My yearly running is less than 10-12 K, so petrol is ok for my use. I had shortlisted the Creta Diesel because the petrol SX and diesel S+ are of the same
Price.

Iam being offered 2017 manufactured cars in both of these cars at a 50-60 K discount. So the final price OTR in Bangalore is around 11.3 for the Verna and around 14.7 for the Creta. There is a 3 lakh difference between the 2!

In terms of features, the Verna has almost everything, diamond cut alloys, ACC, Apple car play HU, DRLs and what not!

In the Creta, it is like a mid variant, so it gets alloys, Touch screen HU, but surprisingly no Rea wipers and no ACC.

I loved the new Verna, it was quick, zippy, agile and felt well featured.

But the Creta Diesel is a different car. Has to be driven sedately, is not very quick and obviously feels very expensive for what it is.

So why this conundrum between a sedan and a SUV? You see I had a Rapid for 6 years, so there is a thought that I should switch to a SUV for a change and also due to the bad roads in Bangalore. If I bought the Verna, I would be driving a sedan almost similar to the Rapid for the next 5-6 years, that is not a bad thing, but not much of a change. Sure the Verna is loaded with features unlike my earlier Rapid,.

So the question is, should I pay the huge premium for the Creta? Some rumours indicate a face lifted Creta this year and also an all new Creta in the next 2 years. Whereas the Verna would remain the same for the next 5-6 years.

And the fear about the Creta is, would I find it completely boring to drive since I come from a powerful car like the Rapid? High way road manners and high speed stability is of extreme importance to me as well.

Any suggestions and feedback would be great!
motorworks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2018, 15:29   #37
BHPian

Re: New Verna SX Petrol vs Creta 1.4D S+

Hi! We too replaced our 2012 Rapid TDI Ambition with the new gen Verna SX (o) Diesel, and between the Creta and Verna, I'd choose the latter anyday, simply because it's the only car which comes near the Rapid in terms of its neutral handling, equally good engine, feature loaded and nice looks, although, I have to admit, the Verna does not and cannot be driven as hard as the Rapid cause it doesn't have the handling prowess nor the brake feel which does take away a lot of the fun from the experience. But, I'd still take this over the Creta, better ride and handling balance, better brakes, more features and the much more modern interior design makes it a no brainer. PS- do try out the new Rapid once, don't wanna see another BHP-ian think twice about his new ride. Good luck
CarLoverJosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2018, 15:38   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Between those two, I'd pitch for the Verna. The 1.4D Creta is too bare bones for the money being paid. A Verna for the same money will give you much more.
Old 6th February 2018, 16:05   #39
Senior - BHPian

A Verna SX wins hands down against a Creta 1.4 S+. I think Rapid TDI to Creta 1.4 S+ is a downgrade. I briefly considered Creta 1.4 S+ before going for my new car. I can understand that itch for SUV but then Creta is amazing with 1.6 CRDI. Between these two, I will surely go for ICOY Verna.
Old 6th February 2018, 16:19   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Although most of these cars are good in their own way, My final 2 choices are Verna Petrol SX MT and the Creta 1.4D S+.

My yearly running is less than 10-12 K, so petrol is ok for my use.
Personally, I would not even consider that 1.4 diesel mill.

Quote:
There is a 3 lakh difference between the 2!
You are comparing a petrol to diesel and the diesel one is definitely over priced.

Quote:

But the Creta Diesel is a different car. Has to be driven sedately, is not very quick and obviously feels very expensive for what it is.
You said it yourself. The Verna should be the selection out of the two.

Quote:
So the question is, should I pay the huge premium for the Creta?
Not really unless you really want an SUV-ish car. You will lose a lot of kit as well compared to the Verna Petrol.

Quote:
Highway road manners and high speed stability is of extreme importance to me as well.

Did you try Honda City Petrol and the Linea Tjet? Both these are a hoot to drive with the Tjet coming out slightly ahead when factoring the road manners and high speed stability. The Tjet should end up saving you some monies as well over the others. Since you are Bangalore based, you will not have any issues with the service - keeping aside the fact that it'll be a 1 year / 15k km interval. The last point of yours on highway manners and stability really stood out. I wasn't even going to suggest you the Tjet, but why not try it out, go for a longish ride and take a call?
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2018, 16:51   #41
BHPian

New Verna SX Petrol vs Creta 1.4D S+

Between the Creta 1.4 and the Verna petrol, the obvious choice would be the Verna. It is a relatively new car in the market and comes loaded with more features than the Creta 1.4 diesel. The Verna is the more value for money package between the two.

Since you are open to petrol powered cars also, I would suggest the Honda city i - vtec over the Hyundai Verna petrol. The city is more fun to drive, much more spacious and also has the better motor.

Ps: Have dropped you a PM
Old 6th February 2018, 18:56   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Personally, I would not even consider that 1.4 diesel mill.
Linea is completely ruled out. Fiat is gone for sure and they are surely sticking with the Jeep brand for the near future. Financially it is a dead end to go and buy a Linea now. Sure, it is a great car, but I should be able to service it and re-sell it after 5-6 years, right?
I tried the Vento Tsi as well. As much as I loved fr Rapid for its build and road manners, Not sure if it is right to invest in a Vento or Rapid in 2018 considering they are at the end of their product cycle. The Vento was launched in 2011, so it has been 7 years already! Plus I feel that Hyundai has managed to strike a balance in their products now. Their build quality is not as bad as Maruti, neither is it as good as the VW/Skodas, but they offer a decent ownership experience.

I have lived thru 6 years of Rapid with Turbo charger, EGR, Steering rack changes, all at warranty obviously, but sometimes you have to think whether it is really worth it all. Not saying that the quality is bad, but there is a certain uncertainty in the whole thing.

Last edited by aah78 : 7th February 2018 at 00:25. Reason: Please do not quote large posts entirely. Quote only relevant portions. Thanks!
motorworks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2018, 19:01   #43
BHPian

Why not go for the EcoSport petrol? Great NA engine (dragon one), competent handling (by SUV standards), pretty good GC and is loaded with features. After sales is sorted too (better than Skoda atleast). Looks mature too! I think it’s a perfect car for you.

Now, Verna is not a bad car. But I personally believe after the Rapid experience, it’ll be a downgrade in terms of driving pleasure. Honestly, I’d have gone for the new Rapid Diesel DSG version. L-O-V-E the looks!

Get a test drive of the Ecosport though in case ground clearance is really important to you.

Last edited by The Brutailer : 6th February 2018 at 19:05.
The Brutailer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2018, 19:18   #44
AYP
Senior - BHPian

If it is strictly between these two cars, I'd suggest the Verna SX. The Creta 1.4D would be a huge downgrade coming from the 1.6 TDI which is a stonker of an engine.

I would highly suggest you to go for the Verna 1.6D EX even if it means increasing your budget by 50-60k. It might be slightly down on features compared to the Verna SX but that engine will more than make up for it.
AYP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2018, 20:15   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Hey BHPians;

So here is the thing. I sold my beloved 2012 Rapid TDI earlier this week and in the lookout for a new ride.
My budget is between 11-13 Lakhs.

So the question is, should I pay the huge premium for the Creta? Some rumours indicate a facelifted Creta this year and also an all-new Creta in the next 2 years. Whereas the Verna would remain the same for the next 5-6 years.

And the fear about the Creta is, would I find it completely boring to drive since I come from a powerful car like the Rapid? High way road manners and high-speed stability is of extreme importance to me as well.

This is what I went through after selling my Rapid, it may happen to everyone who looks for a new car after owning a Skoda. Suddenly you start realising how good a car was the Rapid for its price tag, once a Skoda always a Skoda, . Hyundai and Maruti are nowhere near a Skoda. I would suggest Duster as the only alternative to you at this point. I found Nexon to be a lazy car, WR-V diesel is too noisy and lacks high speed stability. Ford Ecosport is too cramped and not as engaging as a Rapid to drive on highways.

Last edited by deehunk : 6th February 2018 at 20:40.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks