Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2018, 18:46   #91
BHPian

Re: Sold Ciaz - now confused between the City, Verna & Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells Bells View Post
So is your budget 14L tops or a number higher? ....So you need to first baseline your budget - for buying and for maintaining the vehicle.
Sorry for the confusion as i am myself confused right now. It is 14L tops (On-road prices) along with the accessories and other neccesities.

Talking about the the XUV, it was just a price reference. Honestly speaking, We are not interested in XUV.

We want to select only from City Vs Creta.
Old 11th June 2018, 18:50   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manan_02 View Post
Hey Team,
I am in a similar dilemma.
We currently own a 2009 Honda City i-VTEC S MT. We are looking for a new car as our car has become pretty old now. So finances work out like this – we’ll go for a loan amount of Rs. 10 lakhs and Rs. 2 lakhs is what we are getting from our old Honda City.
So after quite an exhaustive explanation, the question remains, which car to choose? Please give answer in a list format, eg:
1st Priority) Honda City VX i-VTEC
2nd Priority) Hyundai Creta SX Petrol
  1. Tata Nexon - Compact SUV, light on pocket.
  2. Ford Ecosport - A good option if you like diesel car, light on pocket too.
  3. Hyundai Creta - Fuel efficiency will be poor on Petrol variant.
  4. Honda City i-VTEC
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2018, 20:02   #93
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So after quite an exhaustive explanation, the question remains, which car to choose? Please give answer in a list format, eg:
1st Priority) Honda City VX i-VTEC
2nd Priority) Hyundai Creta SX Petrol

Regards,
Manan_02
If you can stretch your budget for the Creta 1.6 CRDI, then that is the car to go for. However, if you are looking only at the petrol options, then I'd suggest the City since it will offer you more space for your family. Also, it is the better car to drive. So unless you are smitten by the SUV which is Creta, the City is the one to go for. The only major miss in the City when compared to the Creta would be the android auto/Apple carplay feature.

My choice would be-

1. Creta 1.6 CRDI
2. City i-VTEC
3. Creta 1.6 petrol
4. Creta 1.4S

If budget is an issue, then why don't you consider the Verna SX CRDI? Other than the limited rear legroom, the car has quite a lot going for it. Do check if your family is all right with the rear legroom.

Last edited by AYP : 11th June 2018 at 20:04.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2018, 20:14   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
  1. Tata Nexon - Compact SUV, light on pocket.
  2. Ford Ecosport - A good option if you like diesel car, light on pocket too.
  3. Hyundai Creta - Fuel efficiency will be poor on Petrol variant.
  4. Honda City i-VTEC
Only considering between Honda City and Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Other than the limited rear legroom, the car has quite a lot going for it. Do check if your family is all right with the rear legroom.
I absolutely agree with you. Rear seat space is the main problem for us. Seating is not quite comfortable for 3 adults at the rear on long journeys. That's why it was ruled out.
Manan_02 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2018, 10:15   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am in a similar dilemma.
Why do you want to change at the first place? High maintenance?
Old 12th June 2018, 12:11   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Why do you want to change at the first place? High maintenance?
The car is quite old. And the water here in NCR has corroded the car fully, all the 4 doors are rusted. And it is quite a long time since we have changed the car. Therefore, thought to buy a new car.
Old 12th June 2018, 12:18   #97
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The car is quite old. And the water here in NCR has corroded the car fully, all the 4 doors are rusted. And it is quite a long time since we have changed the car. Therefore, thought to buy a new car.
If the car is otherwise in good nick and low mileage on odo, then might be worth a repair, repaint and a midlife restoration.

Having said that, since you are comfortable with Honda, i would suggest go with the known evil.
Jaggu is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2018, 13:40   #98
BHPian

Sold Ciaz - now confused between the City, Verna & Creta

Quote:

I dont think its wise to change the 2009 city and take a 10 lakh rupee loan to get a new city. It would be better if u restore your current car and save up for a couple of years and then go for a 16-18 lakh or higher vehicle (Creta/Compass/XUV) or whatever is best in that price range at that time. You have already taken the hit of depreciation (2L now might be 1.5 lakh after 2 years). You get the same engine in the city and except for features mechanically it's not a big upgrade over your car. I believe you should go to a competent FNG and figure out the restoration costs.

If a new car it is then the Honda city is still the king of the petrol sedan segment and given the space at the back seems to be best for your requirements.
ToyotaFan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2018, 14:35   #99

If the confusion is between City vs Verna - my suggestion is to go with Honda City. As your monthly travel is around 2500km, please do consider the Diesel option as well.
I own a City Diesel (2.5 years) and travel similar distances. I have no major hiccups till date, except few minor scratches and dents due to bad traffic.
I chose City purely for space and driving comfort, i didn't mind the light noise my vehicle makes. Practically inclined to - High Mileage and Luxury together.
sirilu1318 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2018, 15:51   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My thoughts are exactly what Toyotafan has said, 9 years is not a huge deal at all. I myself bought a 2010 car and have enjoyed it for 18K kms in the 9 months, at 90K it still has lot of life left. If I ever get a thought of buying a new car, I just see outrageous OTR prices and console myself

So my school of thought would be to spend a lakh or 2 which you can put as a down payment to restore it and run it till it falls apart. After all, the resale price you are quoting isn't all that great and its not going to deteriorate a whole lot even if you were to sell in say in 2-3 years.

On the other end of spectrum, if you have a free wheel to indulge on a car (i.e loan free, no commitments). I'd rather indulge the whole 9 yards and buy a top end City or Creta, than compromise for low/mid variant.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2018, 17:09   #101
BHPian

First of all, I went to both honda as well as hyundai dealerships today and I have to say that Creta has an edge over Honda city in terms of quality. But City has an edge over Creta in terms of features. BTW Hyundai doesn't even offer Leather Seats in a car costing more than 14L.

Secondly, the confusion is that Creta SX 1.6 VTVT works out to be 14.11L and Honda City VX MT i-Vtec works out to be 13.43L, both with Similar add ons.

Main confusion now comes whether to choose the Honda City for its features, Engine(which we have already experienced for 9 years) and decent fuel efficiency OR to choose Creta for its Quality, SUVish looks and a different engine and compromise in Price paid(remember it is not a top end variant), fuel efficency and some features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
If the car is otherwise in good nick and low mileage on odo, then might be worth a repair
ODO is at 120K Kms. I have mentioned some new pointers above. Please give your suggestion once more based on these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
...If a new car it is then the Honda city is still the king of the petrol sedan segment
I know it is not wise to take a loan of 10L thats why the finances are reworked and down payment turns out to be some what around 6L

Regarding the repairs, I will post some pictures of the city to show you guys how badly it is affected by rust. And ODO is also at 120k which demands for a major service including Suspension overhaul, Clutch Overhaul, 4 doors needs to be replaced, car needs to be painted, and tyres are also due for a change and Some new engine related components as well. So It's time for a change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirilu1318 View Post
If the confusion is between City vs Verna - my suggestion is to go with Honda City. As your monthly travel is around 2500km, please do consider the Diesel option as well.
Not considering the diesel because although the weekly or bi-weekly running is high, the car only travels twice a week for 300kms per highway run making it a total of 600km per 2 weeks on an average.

Confusion is between Creta Vs City.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
My thoughts are exactly what Toyotafan has said, 9 years is not a huge deal at all......I'd rather indulge the whole 9 yards and buy a top end City or Creta, than compromise for low/mid variant.
Regarding the repairs, I have already answered above and will also post some pictures for the reference. Coming to the new Car, city is already being considered in the top variant and i dont see any value to pay additional 2L for SX(O) variant for handful of features even if we reconsider the finances.

Last edited by Manan_02 : 12th June 2018 at 17:16.
Old 12th June 2018, 17:37   #102
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Secondly, the confusion is that Creta SX 1.6 VTVT works out to be 14.11L and Honda City VX MT i-Vtec works out to be 13.43L, both with Similar add ons.

Main confusion now comes whether to choose the Honda City for its features, Engine(which we have already experienced for 9 years) and decent fuel efficiency OR to choose Creta for its Quality, SUVish looks and a different engine and compromise in Price paid(remember it is not a top end variant), fuel efficency and some features.
The call would have to be based on ^ these plus:

- you want a sedan or a mini SUV?
- Keep in mind Creta is in the beginning of its life, whereas Honda has been there for donkeys years.
- Maintenance of Hyundai is on the higher side even compared to Honda in the very long run, though both companies don't believe in child part replacement like say Maruti or Tata's of the world.

Since you plan to keep the car for a bit, i would suggest you take long test drives and buy one which appeals to heart also.
Jaggu is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2018, 17:54   #103
BANNED

I will put Honda as Numero Uno for low maintenance and good service. Ignore the service schedule after the warranty is over. We have four - Civic AT, Brio AT, City and Brio so have some experience.
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2018, 20:24   #104
BHPian

Confession - I have been lurking on this thread because I'm in a similar situation for past 3 months.

Own a Zest Diesel XMS and a Santro (consicidentally both bought in Gurgaon). Santro served me well for 15 years and now it cant be registered in Mumbai as it's BS2. I am not able to use Zest locally because of need to constantly shift gears, but do use Zest for weekend travel (approx 700 km a month) with 4-5 on board. I thought to buy a comfortable petrol automatic compact sedan. Peace of mind is a important factor to me - while I like driving, sitting in ASS's is not enjoyable any more. And I want to keep this car for long, not have to change it post BS6 implementation etc etc.

Armed with a budget of 15 lakh, I started looking. TD'd Yaris automatic but was disappointed - poor rear seats, drivers armrest, AVN etc etc, and its quiet composed nature disappeared above 50. Vento/Rapid are too long in the tooth. Dont like Verna Petrol, so didnt even TD.

Then I thought of examing the CSUV/Crossover bodies - WRV, Creta, Captur. Didnt like the tradeoffs with stabilty and ride comfort - Creta and Captur werent good to drive, WRV was but family didnt like the rear seat ride. So, expanded my search - Liked Elantra SX AT refinement and build, family was OK too but it will be a stretch and City VX drives well, has loads of bells and whistles but build is nowhere near my erstwhile Civic.

Should I wait for new launches (Kia, Civic etc) or settle for the City CVT?.

I realize my problem is that the Zest, despite ever present niggles, offers good seating comfort, decent AC and very good fuel economy, So I'm not finding any compelling factor to make me buy the car.

Will be thankful for any guidance which lets me move past this..

Mods, please move/delete this post if this is not useful.
Old 29th August 2018, 22:32   #105
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBstoTBs View Post
Will be thankful for any guidance which lets me move past this..
I will recommend you to have a look at the EcoSport. I think it will fulfill almost all your requirements.
Also would like to say one thing, NO CAR IS PERFECT. Not just car, but any other product is also never perfect. Every wish can't be fulfilled and thus we have to comprise on some aspects if we want tje the other.
You can also look at the new Amaze if you like it. I am not impressed by the new design and the build quality of Amaze but it is practical to buy the Amaze because of its proven petrol motor and the CVT transmission which is much better than the AGS systems.
_nitink_ is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks