Team-BHP > What Car?

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2017, 21:01   #16

Re: Abarth Urban Cross (heavily discounted) vs Hyundai Verna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildy View Post
thedoctor31, hearty congrats for rounding on UC Abarth. And I'm glad to know my review was helpful to you to some extent.

Please feel free to contact me if you need any help.

All the very best
Thanks a lot, Wildy! Although I have known about the Urban Cross since its launch, I never took it seriously until I came across your review which still happens to be the only full blown review across the internet.

Would love to keep in touch with you. I could make a stop in Anantapur during one of my trips to Bangalore and hopefully, we could catch up in person. Thanks for reaching out!
thedoctor31 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 21:49   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctor31 View Post
... but the tyres cannot be replaced as they are manufacturer fitted.
You could check with a tyre dealer for an exchange to another brand. Call, ask for rates & if he'll exchange, drive up. Let him check and offer his price for the exchange

On another note, amongst the good points by GTO - it is your car. Your friend can choose her car when she's buying one. Glad you didnt buy her argument.

Last edited by condor : 14th December 2017 at 21:51.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 22:03   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
You could check with a tyre dealer for an exchange to another brand. Call, ask for rates & if he'll exchange, drive up. Let him check and offer his price for the exchange
The stock tyres I am getting are the Goodyear Eagle NCT5 type. Should I go for a replacement? Any suggestions on what a decent upgrade would be?
Old 14th December 2017, 23:29   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The stock tyres I am getting are the Goodyear Eagle NCT5 type. Should I go for a replacement? Any suggestions on what a decent upgrade would be?
From my experience with NCT5s (2008 AVEO-UVA) it keeps on hardening year after year and turn to be an unbearable one. Upgrade it to at least Earth 1s.

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 15th December 2017, 01:57   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot, Wildy! Although I have known about the Urban Cross since its launch, I never took it seriously until I came across your review which still happens to be the only full blown review across the internet.

Would love to keep in touch with you. I could make a stop in Anantapur during one of my trips to Bangalore and hopefully, we could catch up in person. Thanks for reaching out!

Sure, we can meet in Anantapur.

By the way, since I couldn't able to send a PM to you, I had sent an email to you with my mobile number. See it and ping me in Whatsapp.
Old 15th December 2017, 13:52   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Update (14/12):
Thanks to one and all for the inputs! I went to the showroom yesterday with the arsenal of information I received from this thread and spoke to the salesperson about the fluid change, tyre replacements and how long the car was sitting in the yard.
Congrats on booking the Abarth Urban Cross. We used to own a Punto MJD (sold at 103k kilometers) & one of my close relatives owns a Polo 1.6 Petrol. So with respect to ride quality, steering feel, Highway stability, Punto/ Urban Cross is noticeably better. Rough road ride quality is also very good till you run out of ground clearance (which shouldn't be a problem for you as Urban Cross has 205 mm ground clearance).

Its good that the dealer has agreed to change all the fluids & for the tyres you can consider swapping them with something like Michelin, Yokohama etc. Goodyear Eagle NCT 5 are anyways not rated highly by the experts here in Team-bhp. In our case we swapped the horrible JK Tornados with Michelin XM2 on the delivery day itself.

Quote:
QUESTION: The showroom guy said that the RTO would charge the life tax (12%) on the non-discounted ex-showroom price of the car and that means I have to pay the difference tax at the time of registration. Is this true? That would mean an additional 25k during registration, but I am okay with that.

Thanks all for your help
As blackwasp has already explained you can ask for the discounted price on the Invoice. Last year our ecosport was invoiced a shade under 10 lakh which saved us from paying some additional taxes.
chiranjitp is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed