Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2018, 01:01   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
With my needs and driving styles what do you recommend?

I'm not too fussed about space, honestly.
Well, your needs and driving style definitely points towards Ecosport Tdci.

You'll enjoy the low end grunt on the diesel and you're not going to revving the nuts out of your car so the i-vtec is not even going to get started waking up and starting to have fun. Personally I'm totally in love with the i-vtec though. Just saying.
pixantz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2018, 09:05   #47
BHPian

Re: Honda City vs Ford EcoSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
Well, your needs and driving style definitely points towards Ecosport Tdci.

You'll enjoy the low end grunt on the diesel and you're not going to revving the nuts out of your car so the i-vtec is not even going to get started waking up and starting to have fun. Personally I'm totally in love with the i-vtec though. Just saying.
Thanks. Unfortunately the TDCI isn't available in an automatic version. I wonder how the Petrol AT fares w.r.t my requirements?
Old 11th March 2018, 10:03   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
With my needs and driving styles what do you recommend?
There isn't one particular need of yours that stands out and helps in taking a clear decision between the two.. off the top of my head these are two very different cars and the differences are :

Build (in general harder shell, better insulation, glass, door weight etc) - EcoSport
F.E - Honda
Easier to sell - Honda (not talking about prices here, just easier to sell)
Higher position (easier for taller folks) - Ford
Better backseat - Honda
Service - on par
Comfort - Honda, both front and back once you sit inside.
Divability in Bangalore - Ecosport (that Honda Vtec to me is overrated, plus CVT) Not sure what transmission Ford has.. (TC or DCT?) but given the height the view will be better and hence easier in peak traffic.

Test drive both.. no recommendation from me where a stand-out compulsory requirement isn't mentioned. Once you drive 4-5 kms in both, just go with the heart.. do NOT look at money or resale at this point.
dark.knight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2018, 11:00   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
There isn't one particular need of yours that stands out and helps in taking a clear decision between the two
+1

Ultimately, it just boils down to your preference: compact SUV or sedan.

Quote:
Divability in Bangalore - Ecosport (that Honda Vtec to me is overrated, plus CVT) Not sure what transmission Ford has.. (TC or DCT?)
The facelift EcoSport has a TC.
Old 11th March 2018, 11:43   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
There isn't one particular need of yours that stands out and helps in taking a clear decision between the two.. off the top of my head these are two very different cars and the differences are :

Build (in general harder shell, better insulation, glass, door weight etc) - EcoSport
F.E - Honda
Easier to sell - Honda (not talking about prices here, just easier to sell)
Higher position (easier for taller folks) - Ford
Better backseat - Honda
Service - on par
Comfort - Honda, both front and back once you sit inside.
Divability in Bangalore - Ecosport (that Honda Vtec to me is overrated, plus CVT) Not sure what transmission Ford has.. (TC or DCT?) but given the height the view will be better and hence easier in peak traffic.

Test drive both.. no recommendation from me where a stand-out compulsory requirement isn't mentioned. Once you drive 4-5 kms in both, just go with the heart.. do NOT look at money or resale at this point.
You are in the same boat as mine except that I have different cars to compare. I am also looking for an AT diesel and the considerations are Ecosport tdci titanium (unfortunately no AT) and the other options are new verna diesel automatic and Creta diesel automatic. Creta is a lot of stretch for me and hence I am having a tough time making a decision between SUV and Sedan. I have almost zeroed down on Verna due to AT which i feel is a dire need of the hour considering i will be using it for atleast 6 years and God knows how the traffic situation would be 6 years down the line, when the demand of AT has grown too much in today's time.
Old 14th April 2021, 23:06   #51
BHPian

I have read this thread numerous times as these 2 cars (Ecosport Titanium+ AT and 5th Gen Honda City ZX CVT) were the top contenders in my search for a new car.
While Ecosport scores on higher ground clearance, robust build quality and sub 4 meter advantage, Honda city wins hands down for the comfort and space it offers. As City is a big stretch on by budget and the sedan segment is dying, i haven't made up my mind if i want spend nearly 2 million (in Bengaluru) on City. But hearts says it will be worth the stretch........
Old 15th April 2021, 14:08   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AravBS View Post
As City is a big stretch on by budget and the sedan segment is dying, i haven't made up my mind if i want spend nearly 2 million (in Bengaluru) on City. But hearts says it will be worth the stretch........
I own the I-Vtec 4th-gen City. With Honda's 10 year Anytime warranty, you will not regret the purchase ever. Compliant ride quality, spacious interiors, Large boot and all niggles observed in the 4th-gen have been addressed in the 5th-gen. Also, Honda will have a better resale in comparison the dated Ecosport.
RJ2285 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 13:38   #53
BHPian

Need an opinion friends.

I am in lookout to buy a new car. Was earlier looking at CSUVs like Sonet, Ecosport etc, but then decided to checkout Honda City too. The VMT model fits into my budget, and is just marginally expensive than Sonet D1.5 HTX model (which I had shortlisted earlier).

I would be mostly using the car (90% of the times) within the city only. But, also will be taking out for vacations to the hills 2-3 times a year.

Honestly, I loved the car and the peppiness of the petrol MT engine.

But, I'm bit concerned about "The ground clearance" - How good or how bad is it? Will it be able to handle the broken roads?
Old 19th April 2021, 13:50   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof View Post
But, I'm bit concerned about "The ground clearance" - How good or how bad is it? Will it be able to handle the broken roads?
My father had the first generation Honda Amaze (2013). It has a GC of 170mm. While we assumed this was sufficient, the oil sump of the car was ruptured in 2020 Feb. It was estimated to cost quite a bit, and therefore we replaced our car with Ecosport. Have traversed some places with Ecosport, where I wouldn't even dream of taking the Amaze to. No issues till date.

Considering the Honda City is quite longer, and has 165 mm GC, you would have to be a bit cautious.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks