Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2018, 08:23   #46
BHPian

Re: mid-size SUV: Creta or something else - how long shall I wait?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post

Please mind that there is no urgency to buy a car immediately but I would like buy one in 2019, I can wait till 1st quarter of 2020 if there is really something exciting coming up. Budget-wise I am flexible (~20 lakhs) and I don't mind spending a bit more for a better car.
You should wait for the Skoda Karoq & checkout the same. Ticks most of your boxes. Their after sales is also changing with good maintenance packages.

Last edited by noopster : 1st August 2018 at 08:57. Reason: Please don't quote a large post- it makes things difficult for our small screen users
jayram.r is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 17:42   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: EcoSport vs Creta vs Duster vs XUV500

I am more or less convinced that for a prospective buyer of a mid-range SUV in <20L range, it is best to wait till 2020 if possible as we will have many more options available apart from the Creta and Compass.

Kia SP - So far, this looks to be extremely promising. Has the X-factor and some cool features to go with.

Honda HRV - Though Honda has not officially announced it for India, it looks very likely. I am not sure if they will get the current facelift in 2019 or the new model in 2020 or later. I am betting Honda will launch it in 2019. This is my preferred option as of now as it seems to be having the quality which Honda was once renowned for. Pricing might be an issue though as Honda might price this alongside Compass which will not be value for money

VW T-Cross - Another exciting launch to watch out. Seems to have the right SUV-ish looks and might get a good turbo-petrol motor.

Tata Harrier - Seems to have the looks and all the bells-and-whistles but I am personally not too excited as I don't have trust on Tata's reliability and A.S.S

I think the Skoda karoq will not be coming to India and even if it comes, it will be well above 20L
Old 11th September 2018, 14:14   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
So I am doing to my final 2 choices:

1. Creta SX Auto Petrol - Compromise on 6 airbags
2. Ecosport Titanium+ AT Petrol - Compromise on space, segment lower (arguably), ride comfort.

Still torn between the 2.
Multiple TDs & discussions with family, friends and advice on TBHP, I have decide on not compromising on the safety of 6 airbags.

Hence the Ecosport Titanium+ AT is what this is going to be. Scouting for deals now!
Old 11th September 2018, 14:35   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
Multiple TDs & discussions with family, friends and advice on TBHP, I have decide on not compromising on the safety of 6 airbags.

Hence the Ecosport Titanium+ AT is what this is going to be. Scouting for deals now!
As a fellow Titanium + AT owner, i would like to mention that the FE of a petrol AT will not be great in Mumbai's horrendous traffic. I am currently managing a city mileage of around 7 and around 11-12 on the highway. I have clocked 4500 km's as of now.

The ride quality is harsh on the 17 inch, and should improve on the 16 inch'ers. As mentioned by you, its loaded with features and is a pleasure to own as well.
Old 11th September 2018, 14:55   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
As a fellow Titanium + AT owner, i would like to mention that the FE of a petrol AT will not be great in Mumbai's horrendous traffic. I am currently managing a city mileage of around 7 and around 11-12 on the highway. I have clocked 4500 km's as of now.

The ride quality is harsh on the 17 inch, and should improve on the 16 inch'ers. As mentioned by you, its loaded with features and is a pleasure to own as well.
Thanks for that heads up. I was expecting the ecosport to give me 9-10 since 7 is what was said for the larger creta AT. Anyways as of now there arent too many options meeting my criteria - so will have to live with it. With fuel prices sky rocketing the way it is

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks