Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2018, 15:58   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Van for carrying windsurf gear?

We had warned you about buying used yellow plate vehicles. Better would have been to buy a new Traveller Cargo and get it customized as per your need. Now whatever money you saved by buying this used van would go into all these silly Govt. processes between Bangalore and Mumbai and the van isn't getting any younger by the day. Still, I would suggest to try and sort this issue out at the earliest, as you cannot keep a vehicle from another state in your present state for more than a year without taking NOC from the local RTO and getting it registered here. So, you need to act fast before starting your DIY project.

P.S. - I do not know anyone in Mumbai or Bangalore who can help you out, would have told you if I did.
Old 12th September 2018, 17:12   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazchem View Post
Roadblock
Folks here gave you a heads up about picking up and trying to reregister a Yellow board vehicle. Even you were not planning to get into the interstate transfer to avoid the hassles. It is always good to check these RTO requirements online instead of relying on these stupid RTO agents.

Right now, the best course of action for you would be to cancel the NOC you have taken from KA RTO and try to either dispose of the tempo traveler there itself. You might be able to crack a similar deal within MH if you wait a little longer.

Registering the tempo traveler as a Campervan in KA first and then transferring it to your name in MH is easier said than done. You'd never be able to drive it around in peace until you get the documentation sorted. Not to forget, the fun you are going to have with these Mumbai cops explaining the situation when they stop you for the KA board.

Better late than never.

Good luck,
R-Six
Old 23rd October 2018, 14:54   #33
Senior - BHPian

What is the update on this thread? Any luck with the Registration formalities yet? Do keep us updated...
Old 23rd October 2018, 17:40   #34
BHPian

I will know in another 15 Days. Basically, I have had the NOC canceled and applied for conversion to a private vehicle in Bangalore. One that is done, I will have a fresh NOC issued and then register the van in Mumbai.

They have accepted the application, at least that is what the agent said and that the new RC should be delivered by post in 30 days.
hazchem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2018, 10:51   #35
Senior - BHPian

Any updates or photos to share about the progress?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks